IMDb > "Tatort" Flashback (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 507 of 921 Episodes | Next »

Great flick!

Author: Christian Heynk from Germany
18 January 2007

I was randomly zapping through the TV channels, when I got a hold of this flick. After watching it for five minutes I was really drawn into it. The bank robbery itself was beautifully shot and every scene in this movie made sense and was everything but redundant.

The temporary amnesia of inspector Odenthal lends itself well to the narrative structure of the film. We, the viewers, aren't quite sure if she is just suffering from post traumatic stress disorder or if her memories are actually correct.

The cast play their roles well enough to be convincing and compelling and the end of the film is quite surprising. In a nutshell, this movie is perfect entertainment and I wish there were more films like this on TV. It was quite a change from the American knock-off programs that we have to watch on German TV.

Drawn into her character

Author: slabihoud from Austria
22 November 2006

Ulrike Folkerts as Lena Odenthal time and again has to handle situations in which her life and/or her job is at stakes. Apart from the usual whodunit-plots which also come her way, there appear outings that lead her to a point where the viewer is deeply drawn into her character. We do get a lot of moments where we can see her fighting for truth and these fights use to alienate her from her fellow colleagues. And that is what makes her so vulnerable and so dear to us. Beside that the series with her and the quality of the episodes stands and falls with the director who is assigned to the job.

The episode called "Flashback" is a very good example. Starting out with a bank robbery in which Lena Odenthal became a victim by chance, she gets shot and falls in a coma. A large part of the episode shows her recuperating and having glimpses of memory to what had happened. The director found a very convincing way to express the feeling of isolation in the hospital and to her colleagues who are not convinced she will ever be able to make her job again. And of course she wants to find the truth behind what had happened. The ending is unfortunately not as convincing as the beginning, but all in all it is an outstanding entry in this show!