Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Originally shot was a scene in which Lori and Will begin to have sex for the first time. However, Will starts acting like a maniac and eventually sprouts a Freddy Krueger claw, then proceeds to slash at his girlfriend. This was cut due to miserable test scores, in which the audience thought the acting was terrible and asked, "Does this mean Freddy won? Where's Jason? Is this a dream? Is Will turning evil and is now some sort of Son-of-Freddy?"
- Another ending that was considered had Freddy and Jason battling to the death on the dock. After the explosion, they end up in the fiery lake, and then something strange starts to happen. The water begins to move, churning... and the lake begins to drain. Within the water, there is a hole that has opened at the bottom of the lake bed, glowing red. Freddy tries to swim away, but Jason puts a death lock on his ankle, and they're both dragged down. The next day, Crystal Lake is completely dry. And Lori is reunited with her father. Then they walk down into the dry lake. Dr. Campbell sees Freddy's claw on the ground and he picks it up, vowing to destroy it for good. Then a red and green striped arm bursts through the earth, grabs Dr. Campbell's leg and pulls him down. With one leg buried in the ground, he screams for Lori, but is yanked again, his other leg breaking against his chest at an impossible angle. Then he's gone. Lori claws at the dirt for him, screaming, and then there is a scene that takes place somewhere very dark. Freddy puts his claw back on his hand. He sees Jason near him, machete gleaming. They go at each other...but then, chains shoot out, slicing into both of them. They're separated, struggling to go at each other...when out from the darkness comes Pinhead and he says "Now, what seems to be the problem?" However, New Line didn't like the idea because they didn't like the fact that they'd have to buy the rights to use the character, and they thought Pinhead was too low rent.
- Then there was a similar ending considered in hell that involved a shot of something sitting high atop a stone throne, only eyes and the tips of two horns visible in the darkness. Below it, Freddy and Jason battle in a Gladiator style pit, but that idea was also dropped.
- There was also another idea of a giant red hand coming out of Crystal Lake at the end of the film, grabbing both Freddy and Jason in one enormous palm, and yanking them both down into hell, but that too was dumped. In the script's final draft, the epilogue ended with Freddy and Jason battling in a dark pit, surrounded by the eyes of a thousand dark demons and a million tortured souls. The writers wanted to suggest that the fight would continue for all eternity, but that idea was also dropped.
- An alternate opening scene which has Billy, a camper, telling Heather, a counselor, that he had a bad dream. He asks her to stay with him until he can fall asleep again but she refuses and leaves. She goes skinny dipping but hears something and gets scared so she runs back to the cabin. The door is locked however so she asks Billy to open it for her but he gives her the finger.(Part of this scene can be seen in the theatrical cut.)
- Trey telling Gibb that the sheets are probably filthy so she should just pull back the comforter and they'll lie on top of it.
- A scene at the institution where a guard shines a flashlight into a patients eyes to see if he'll react.
- Lori's father picking her up from the police station.
- Lori scratching paint off of her front door with her keys in a dream sequence.
- Gibb at school yelling "Stop staring at me!" in the hallway. This is followed by Marc and Will arriving at the school looking for Lori.
- Principal Shaye trying to convince Marc and Will to return to the institution.
- Lori, Kia and Gibb leaving for the party.
- Lori, Kia and Gibb arriving at the party followed by scenes of the party itself.
- A broken bodied Trey walking towards Gibb in a dream sequence.
- Marc, in a dream sequence, sees his brother commit suicide on his computer monitor.
- Marc throwing up eels.
- Lori, Kia, Freeburg, Linderman, Will and the cop splitting up into two groups to look for the Hypnocil.
- Linderman apologizing to Kia for what he said to her at the party.
- Will telling Lori that if she promises to come back he promises to never leave her again.
- A bit more of the Freddy and Jason fight inside the burning cabin. Lori utters the line "Freddy vs. Jason. Place your bets."(Part of this scene can be seen in the trailer and tv spots.)
- Kia telling Linderman that he better be there when she gets back so she can kick his ass in case he tells anyone that she kissed him. She then kisses him.
- An alternate ending which has Will and Lori in bed together. Will then starts to choke Lori and his right hand turns into Freddy's glove.
Throughout Freddy Vs. Jason's production no one could decide who should win, Freddy or Jason, or what to do with the remaining human characters.