IMDb > El furgón (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

El furgón More at IMDbPro »

Elsa Pataky Is So Sexy And Gorgeous

Author: Desertman84 from United States
3 August 2013

El Furgon a.k.a Escape is a comedy of errors about three second rate criminals - a retired, crippled pickpocket, a man born and raised in a prison who's never seen a day of freedom that manages to escape from prison.It features Sancho Gracia, Pablo Carbonell, Carlos Fuentes, and the gorgeous Elsa Pataky.

In the screenplay,the escapees discover that no one is ever what they appear to be while trying to elude authorities. With the police and the mafia on their trail,they manage no place to run except for an isolated Mediterranean castle inhabited by a beautiful woman.Getting out of their current dilemma alive may take more criminal instinct than these three incompetent outlaws have combined.

While the movie is substandard and unfortunately manages to be barely entertaining and watchable as a comedy,it definitely have its moments whenever Elsa Pataky appears on screen for she is visually pleasing.I could have given it a low rating BUT she is so sexy and gorgeous that I had to give it an average rating instead.LOL

About writing and stupidity

Author: jpschapira from Argentina
11 April 2005

Fiction is an amazing world. Anything can be written in the piece of paper the writer has in his hand, and it can direct us to a world we've never visited. Get Charlie Kaufman, for example. What a mind! He takes an idea, or maybe he doesn't, and starts to show his magic putting some words together.

Sometimes things can also go wrong, even if the intention is good. Now I'm talking about "El Furgón". We'll get to the written part in less than a minute.

Let's see; we meet one stupid man. We meet another stupid man, and another stupid man. Because of the stupid things they do, they end up in a "furgón" (a car that police uses to take thieves to prison). Now we have three stupid persons together. The three men escape from the "furgón" because of a stupid thing. Now they are in an abandoned house enjoying life; and they continue to do stupid things! Of course, there had to be a girl; she's gorgeous and, guess...Stupid! She says she can speak English when she needs to, but she speaks the language awfully. The situation that is developed after the girl arrives, is one of the most stupid situations I've ever seen in a film.

I was disappointed because I like Spanish cinema; it always makes me feel good. It has a natural and warm style difficult to see in any other movies. Benito Rabal, the movie director, tries to impress with some shots, but it's not good enough (not even for the movie he's making). When he writes (we were talking about that) he tries to be funny and we laugh; at some situations and at his efforts. He did a good job with his cast, although. Casting the experienced Sancho García was a good idea, and he provides a little bit of class to the film. Pablo Carbonell tries his best with what he has; he was funny, in a stupid way. The rest of the cast...I didn't notice it.

That's what sometimes happens. It's not the actors fault, it's not the characters' fault. Maybe it's Benito Rabal's fault, who knows? Maybe the movie intended to be stupid, on purpose. Anyway, stupidity ensues...