IMDb > Death Factory (2002) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Death Factory (V) More at IMDbPro »

Not as bad as you'd think

Author: Volstag from The Treasure State
21 January 2004

As a fan of low-budget, out-of-the-way movies (especially those that are unintentionally hilarious), I was pleasantly surprised by Death Factory. Don't get me wrong -- it isn't Oscar worthy by any stretch of the imagination, but they did manage to make a movie that was watchable and, for the most part, entertaining. Much like other low-budget horror/sci-fi flicks, this is best viewed with some buddies and some beer.

Good bloody SOV Flick

Author: pig_71 from Cowpens, SC
13 November 2002

This is a quality no budget flick. Really good especially from BRAIN DAMAGE FILMS. They usually manage to put some crap out there(Blood Sisters), but this was really good(considering). The acting will win no awards but there are tits. And most importantly the Blood/Gore FX by Rom Karkos ka(?) are excellent. Really well done. Brad Sykes is growing film by film. This is excellent for SOV fare. His ZOMBIE CHRONICLES sucked. Just bad. DEATH FACTORY is worth the rent or if you love these lowbudget SOV movies then it might be worth the buy. ***1/2

Gore Collection of Clichés

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
29 December 2007

Three couple of teenager friends – Troy, Louisa, Rachel, Derek, Francis and Leticia - plan to celebrate the end of school period in the house of Francis, whose parents will travel in a few hours. However, their trip is postponed and Louisa suggests they party at the abandoned Dayson Chemical Plant. They break in the plant and Troy recalls that many years ago the location was a research facility where a woman had contracted a virus and killed her colleagues. When Louisa finds Troy's jacket full of blood, the group panics and is chased by a half-human creature with steel teeth and claws.

"Death Factory" is a gore collection of clichés. This very low-budget movie is absolutely predictable, with the usual stupid attitudes of the terrifying teens – splitting to find an exit instead of staying together; silly dialogs (there is one awfully hilarious when the girl regrets that she has not brought the camera to film a dirty room); ridiculous situations, like for example when Francis and Leticia finds a bed with white sheet in the plant and they make love on it. My vote is four.

Title (Brazil): "Fábrica da Morte" ("Death Factory")

Tiff rules!

Author: landrupog from United Kingdom
31 May 2007

Some teenagers mess around in old factory, a demonic Goth-chick makes them wish they hadn't. That's it in a nutshell, fair enough in itself...

Yep, rented this one just to have a look at schlock princess Tiffany Shepis. This'll be the reason most viewers will give this dullish D.I.Y effort a chance. They'll be backing a loser on several counts unfortunately.

1] Shepis doesn't show any skin. 2} She only shows up in the last act of the film. 3} The movie sucks. The look of the film is ugly, and the acting not especially convincing even for cheap-jack horror. 4} Ron Jeremy in one his pointless cameos, god love him..

Sure, there have been a few gems shot on digital video, this ain't one though. Shepis looks impressive and is scary in her goth get-up ( somewhere between Mindy Clarke in 'Return Of The Living Dead 3' and Mimi Kincade as Angela in the 'Night Of The Demons' movies). The aforementioned are what the director maybe would liked the film to be like but just can't manage it on his budget. Yes, there's splatter but it's fairly ineffective. Yes, there's sex and topless scenes but they are cheesily filmed and repetitive.

I'm not a complete meanie, I'll give a couple of stars purely because I truly love the genre even the fringe efforts, and it's great to see film-makers getting out there a having a go with whatever resources they can muster. All power to 'em. But parting with your hard earned to buy or rent something of this calibre is another question, and I feel even the die-hard splatter fans would regret doing so.

Crappy

Author: JustAnotherHooligan from United States
22 October 2005

Wow what a bad movie I mean You at least hope there would be cuter girls getting naked throughout the film alas not and well it just sucked plot sucked, dialog sucked, scenery sucked. I mean really a factory made out of plywood and 2x4's with couches and beds scattered around. Yeah it was a big load of crap. Ron Jeremy play's a horrible drunk in the movie and he barely has a part to begin with. The plot is just your basic horrible government cover-up that reeks of influences like resident evil, REturn of the living dead part 3. It was a bad movie to get from blockbuster in fact I actually feel like finding the people who mad the movie and slapping them a couple of times.

Only of interest to Tiffany Shepis fans, and even than only mildly

Author: movieman_kev from United States
13 April 2009

Six friends decide to party it up in an abandoned warehouse factory unaware that Alexa (Scream Queen Tiffany Shepis), a former factory worker who upon catching a virus via an experimental biological drug, mutates into a monster with an insatiable appetite for human blood, is still stalking the halls of the deserted place. Will they be able to survive the night?? or a better question would be would you even care??

I'm keeping my review spoiler free so I won't really answer the first question, but the second one gets a resounding no because most of the characters are bland, annoying & unlikable walking clichés. This low-budget DTV film seems very content on merely going through the motions adding nothing new to the slasher sub-genre that one hasn't seen over a million times before. Also worthy to note that if you're renting this as either a Shepis or Ron Jeremy fan, Tiffany's not in it that often at all and Jeremy has even less screen time (basically not much more than a glorified cameo) I usually can get into a cool B-movie horror film, but this one was too badly acted and just lame. Some mildly convincing gore save it from being completely unwatchable but that's about it.

Eye Candy: Allison Beal & Rhonda Jordan both get topless

My Grade: D

So Shockingly Cheap!

Author: MafiaScarecrow from Canada
30 January 2014

Well, the plot of Death Factory follows the tragic story of a woman who becomes infected with bioweapons (at a CHEMICAL factory of course), and gets sick, or insane, to say the least. And she eats people to survive, yet has somehow grown steel teeth and what looks like a knock-off of Edward Scissorhands, because toxic chemicals totally do that, right? Her younger sister, who brings various friends and hobos to the factory, brings her gang of drunk college buddies to party in the old factory, really meaning to feed them to her mutant older sister, who by the way is named Alexa.

I'll start off by pointing out the most obvious thing - this movie is CHEAP! It appears as if they were trying to copy Resident Evil, which came out that same year, but also looks like it was filmed on a camcorder by students. And the characters are the basic doped-up kids who care about nothing but love and partying. The "factory" was more of a shed full of old couches, with a few Ebay purchased beakers and test tubes thrown in to convince people it had at one point been a military corporation. I was twelve when bought it at the dollar store, and to warn parents right now in case the title doesn't imply, THIS MOVIE IS BY NO MEANS APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN!!! For some reason the mutant monster is wearing a g-string, there are many explicit scenes, drug/alcohol references, and the mutant girl looks like a clown with rabies. So much swearing I couldn't even count it, and some low-budget but very gory scenes such as a woman having her eyes gouged out, flashbacks of chemists being dizembowelled by the monster, a boy being stabbed, a hobo being ripped apart and many more that are cheap but probably very disturbing to children. I now own it, thank heavens it only cost me a buck, because I wouldn't ever pay to see this again. will say on a positive note that I'm a big fan of fiction movies about chemical pollution causing adverse effects so this appealed to me, but it was mostly just a joke.

The Worst Industrial Disaster in Hollywood!

Author: manojharisree from Bangalore, India
24 July 2012

Wow, you see the poster and you read the story and you think this is going to be one hell of a horror flick. Everything seems right except it's one hell of a horrifying flick!

I'm trying hard to figure out the positives first, like I do in all my movie reviews. C'mon man, think! Oh ya, we've some nudity(a positive, right?) which is fortunately or unfortunately the only aspect worth mentioning about.

A chemical factory looks actually like a lengthy house with home furniture strewn around. Few glass bottles in a lone cupboard in a hall seems OK for the makers to convince us that this was indeed a factory! The half-monster woman is actually a normal looking woman in skimpy, torn clothes and some spikes set up on her fingers! Ya, her sharp canines & maybe her white-pupils look are her only monstrous assets. And the victims whom she jumps upon & tears away are shown in later scenes neatly lying in a corner with hardly much injuries on 'em. Must be the radiation or the chemicals in the factory I assume, which heals the skin after death...a medical toxin :p

Talking about the half-monster woman, was it really Tiffany Shepis!! Could not recognize her. Thank goodness, she got slightly better(but still trashy) chances later(movies Dark Reel, Pretty Cool Too) but her best role may have been in Dead Scared(2004) which was well made.

Finally, the truth revealed in the end by one of the characters on why all this mess happened seems convincing to clarify our already messed up minds but doesn't really help much.

My verdict: One of the all-time worst movies from anywhere in the world I've seen. Thank you!

Dumb SOV gore flick.

Author: HumanoidOfFlesh from Chyby, Poland
10 November 2008

A bunch of teenagers decide to go to an abandoned factory to drink beer/smoke weed/have sex and they get locked in with a hideous monster with an urge to kill.It seems that a mutant was created by an accident in the factory years ago,stalks them and kills them."Death Factory" is actually my first experience with horror movies made by Brad Sykes and I hope that it won't be my last.The plot is dumb,the acting is horrible,but there is plenty of gore to keep splatter freaks happy.A horror regular Tiffany Shepis plays the monster which looks almost like the cross between female zombie from "Return of the Living Dead 3" and Freddy Krueger.Ron Jeremy has a small cameo as a bum,who is quickly killed.The main heroine Lisa Jay is likable and has a wonderful body.5 out of 10.

Ugh

Author: Justin Bradley from United States
20 January 2007

Total junk. I can't believe I sat through this nonsense. I am typically a fan of B-movies, but this garbage could not hold my attention what so ever. "Teens" head into abandoned warehouse for some spooky fun, a strange mechanical-dominatrix rps them to shreds. Wow! Not you don't have to waste you time watching it. I think I've had canker sores that were more appealing than this. If you are looking for a little b-movie fun I would try to find an obscure Italian zombie flick, at least a majority of those had a budget. Oh yeah! Just a side note for you goth-fetish types, the mechanical-dominatrix monster is not at all sexy so save it.