IMDb > 3 Blind Mice (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

3 Blind Mice More at IMDbPro »

Not a bad movie at all, but i can see how some would dislike it.

Author: bitSpike
27 August 2004

This film seems to be getting a lot of negative feedback. However, i quite liked it.

My opinion may be different to the average movie viewer because i could follow the technical computer terms easily, and i am quite interested in the subject of computer/internet crime and use.

I bought this DVD from a 'b grade' section at a very cheap price, after reading very little about it here..... so my expectations were very low. i usually don't buy movies, especially if i don't know anything about them.

OK, the movie was a little confusing in some ways, like how the 'bad guys' were connected, and the overall crime being committed, but there was a lot about this which i liked. To begin with, they did not 'dumb down' the computer terms and actually showed a fairly realistic view of a person who's life revolves around internet.

If you have seen the movie 'hackers', you see quite the opposite.

As i said, i would be more interested in this movie than the average person, but i don't think it is too hard to follow. if you think this kind of movie would interest you, i would recommend checking it out.

final score: 7 out of 10

- andrew

Disappointing Mess

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2 January 2014

In London, the hacker Thomas Cross (Edward Furlong) snoops into many persons life using their web cams. Thomas mainly enjoys watching Cathy (Valérie Decobert) but he has never talked to her. One day, Thomas witnesses a masked man killing Cathy and he calls the police, but he does not know her name or where she lives. Detective Claire Bligh (Emilia Fox), who is an specialist in Internet crimes, comes from Paris to investigate the case and the discloses that Cathy lived in Amsterdam. Further, several women has been murdered in the last years in a similar way that Cathy did. She teams up with Thomas and they discover that the murder are related and are part of snuff movies made for millionaires.

"Three Blind Mice" is a very disappointing movie with confused story and screenplay. The plot is such a mess that it is only possible to understand the storyline. The characters and situations are awfully developed and in the end I did not understand many subplots and the motives of many characters. Edward Furlong is awful and watching this movie is a waste of time and money. To make it worst, the DVD has problems with the audio after chapter 7. My vote is three.

Title (Brazil): Not Available

Too Rushed!

Author: FilmFanBarks
1 March 2004

I was in my local video shop when i come across this film in a section of ill fated movies such as Bacherlor Man and 100 Dates. i read the back and thought that it sounded cool. I took the film home and settled down to watch a film that i was expecting to be a low budget American horror film. But what i ended up with was a cheap made for TV/straight to video, British thriller. This film lacked a quality that i expect from mystery horrors/thrillers. Edward Furlong's character was so boring and undeveloped that i was bored after the first act. He seemed to stroll through this film looking lost and confused and he looked to me as if he couldn't be bothered to even try. Emila Fox and Patrick Miles did not suit their roles as the Coppers, and Craig Kelly's faux American accent is the worst in recent history!!! it was so awful that i bet the director wished he had dubbed it later! The story was very promising on paper, but the way it was put on to the screen seemed as though they had rushed the project and used the script without any re-writes. The ending had promise, but then when i thought the film had ended alittle disappointingly, they tried to add an extra Big TWIST!!!. This was the worst Twist in living memory and i absoulutely feel angry that someone let the filmmakers put it in at the end! it was so irrelevent and so confusing. Twists work well if the film is good! Overall, this film was very rushed and underdeveloped! i never felt fully into the film That'll teach me to rent a film i find in the section with films i've never heard of. I now know why i had never heard of it. 2 / 10 - one point for a promising story and one point for being better that Gigli ( but only just!)

Bad - The computer terminology was so offline it was scary

Author: jamesb99_1999 from Birmingham
12 July 2005

Somebody on one of their comments put that the computer/internet had not been dumbed down. As an I.T. Manager and consultant for many years I say the opposite.

The bizarre java cross hatch screens. The dial up access at broadband speeds etc.. etc..

Apart from that Edward Furling looked as if he was getting through each half hour by thinking about his next fix. He has turned in to a total junkie by the look of it.

It was very poorly acted and directed. I think that some people might like this and give it 1 or maybe even two out of ten.. I don't think it's even worth that.

Awful in any way

Author: mermaidwaiting
13 June 2007

I actually really like Edward Furlong and most of his movies, but to be honest, this one is one of the most awful films I have ever seen.

The camera work is so horrid that it makes you wish that you could hold the camera yourself because everybody could do a better job than that. The basic plot was promising but the script completely ruins it by jumping from one stupid mistake into the next (not only in relation to the simplest computer knowledge, but also to basic police investigation techniques and international law). The dialogues are mostly boring (except for when their lack of logic confuses you). The editing is just as bad, putting in scenes that neither make sense nor are of any actual use to the rest of the film.

All in all, I deeply regret to have wasted 93 minutes of my life on this dreadful film. If you want Edward Furlong and computers, go and watch Brainscan, because that one, despite how surreal it is, has some actual potential to entertain you.

The Ultimate Movie Review! - http://tss5078.blogspot.com

Author: Tss5078 from United States
25 December 2011

How would I describe this film? Choppy, confusing, ridiculous, and done! The story is simple, a young guy witnesses a murder on a web-cam site, which leads back to a group of millionaires, who pay to witness real murders on the web. That we know, but the big question becomes whose behind it? Who cares?! By the time you get to the "who done it", you're head is spinning and you don't know what the hell is going on anymore! I rented this thing, for one reason, Edward Furlong. He is one of my favorite actors. When he was younger, he was in huge movies like Terminator 2 and American History X. Since then he's flown way under the radar, doing mostly direct-to-video films, many of them winners. While Eddie was great, the writing and directing of this film is such that you're bored, confused, and finally just fed up and frustrated.

This is the pure definition of the word BAD!!!

Author: TwoSwords from Hell
15 August 2005

I know this comment its a little late but i just saw the movie and some of the comments in here make me sick.....THIS IS THE WORST "COMPUTER RELATED" MOVIE i had ever seen.It has nothing to do with computers.NOTHING!!!Both the storyline and script of this movie is in a world of fantasy that has nothing to do with the internet or computers in general.Examples?...there are many: - wireless webcams that run on IMAGINARY battery power and connections;- DialUp speeds that are beyond broadband....;- Hacking skills that don't do squat (the open source on the file is pathetic);- The word Firewall is meaningless in this movie..has nothing to do whatsoever with reality etc...

To put it simply this whole flic is pathetic...PATHETIC....and i don't even want to get started on the acting or the thriller like plot.... The movie doesn't even have a beginning and an end....its a mockery. It's worst than Hackers 1.....

It was Cool

Author: Libbie Joplin
11 January 2004

I sat down watching this movie thinking that it was going to be a bad computer film but now I admit that it was great Eddie Furlong did a wonderful proformance as Thomas and Emilia Fox was just as wonderful as Eddie.I would give it a 9 out of 10,it kept me guessing of whet was gonna happen next.So if your looking for a good computer flick I would suggest this movie.

Sad Edward

Author: Sertem from Germany
22 June 2010

I saw this movie online and was so excited cause Edward Furlong was acting and I knew his potential already from all the movies I've seen so far since Terminator II. That made it even worse for me seeing him suffer in this bad directed, written and performed movie. You can read it in his eyes that he couldn't stand the movie. Me too. i think the movie's biggest problems are

1) the scenes are not connected and not motivated by the leading scene 2) storyline is not really structured and misleading 3) camera and light are bad beyond any explanation 4) the shouting, swearing and whining doesn't create any atmosphere 5) Characters are dry and flat - only Furlong seems real/potential because he couldn't lack all his professionalism although it seems he tried to flee from the movie. Must have been torture for him. 6) Music=crap 7) Dialogues are dull and boring

I'm so sorry he had to endure this. Eddi, I'm so sorry. You deserve better. SOSORRY; SOSORRY; SOSORRY; SOSORRY... Crying right now... because of Ed. :)

I believe he signed the contract and couldn't go back when he realized that this would possibly kill him. But I still believe in Edward and a comeback or at least good parts in other movies. YOU CAN DO IT! If I produce a movie some day I'll get you in there for a big load of money!

Edward is an excellent actor

Author: rockfan9891 (rockfan9891@yahoo.com) from U.S.A.
11 August 2003

Edward Furlong is not unappealing. He was not annoying in Terminator 2 either! He gave a convincing and emotional performance. Especially for a 13 year - old kid pulled from a Boys club in California with no acting experience at all! Take the ending for instance: When John Connor is trying to plead with the Terminator not to be terminated. He was very emotional and gave a captivating performance! And Ms. Fox is an ACTRESS. Which means she PRETENDS to be SOMEONE ELSE. Just because she doesn't use profanity in real life doesn't mean she can't pretend to!