101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure

A one-of-a-kind pup, a canine superstar, a backstabbing sidekick mutt, and much, much more...

Author: DanMat6288 from I just like toon movies
20 August 2003

My opinion for the movie is funny and great! Patch "felt lost in a sea of spots". I know. That line is getting old, but SO WHAT!?

Patch soon meets his hero, Thunderbolt, in a contest. But, with his bad bark ("Who sat on a squeaky toy?") It's obvious he's not going to win.

Meanwhile, Lil. Lightning, Thunderbolts spunky (and, I must say, kinda cute) sidekick has turned dark in the lead dog's shadow. Good pun, huh? Anyway, he tricks Thunderbolt into thinking he's going to be killed off the show and replaced. And that the only way to remain on the show would be to do something heroic in the real world. Thunderbolt falls for it.

As for Cruella de Vil? She's being kept out of every fur shop in London, as part of her parole. She soon meets up with pop-artist, Lars, who works on painting spots. She decides to give him an inspiration by re-stealing the puppies and giving them to him as a gift. But Lars quickly rejects when he learns what Cruella plans to do with them.

As the trailer says, this movie shows the difference between acting like a hero and being one. It also shows that you can be a one-of-a-kind if you put your mind to it. One minor lesson is that if at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again.

Patch is a good-hearted adventurous pup, Thunderbolt is the fame-loving canine superstar, Lil. Lightning is his spunky and cute backstabbing sidekick mutt, Cruella is not allowed to buy furs, Jasper and Horace are scared of her, her car is still broken down from what happened in the first movie, Pongo has a bad habit of loosing count of the dalmations... it's hard to write down in one review every piece I like about this movie.

Disney Got The Characters Right In This Sequel

Author: terrigunmor from Canada
13 September 2015

After more than four decades, Disney made a sequel to the original film. Years before the sequel was release, the franchise include a live-action film, and an animated TV series. For many years, although I see a lot of stuff related to the franchise, I hardly care. This was until I saw an ad about a blu-ray of the original film. From there, I begin to research the franchise.

When I read info about the first film, I noticed a lot of the male pups are played drag kings. I was kinda disappointed by that. Talk about stealing a guy's a job. But thankfully, Disney did the right thing in this sequel by using child actors for those pups. The studio should keep it that way.

I look forward to another sequel, perhaps a Christmas-themed one.

For a long time, I thought the live-action film was the only one that has a sequel. But then I found out the animated one has too.

Hilarious movie, fun for kids!

Author: Heather Beery from United States
25 May 2005

I loved this movie, it was great! I loved the characters in it, especially Lil. Lightning and Thunderbolt! They were awesome!

My favorite character in the entire movie was probably Lightning. He's one of my favorite, recent Disney villains, mainly because he has that evil way going on, and he also has a comical side (with some help from Thunderbolt) Observe;

Quote;

Thunderbolt: They suck all the blood out of ya'! Do ya' hear me, they suck all the blood out of you!

He is face to face with Lightning the entire time and when he finishes, Lightning falls on his back to the ground! Ha! Love the expressions on both their faces during the quote!

I especially love the last scene Lightning's in at the end of the movie where Thunderbolt is distracting him! It was hilarious! You need to see this movie!

One of my new favorite Disney sequels

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
11 January 2008

The only sequel that really stood out to me that was up to the same level as the first was the Lion King sequels. Now, I've seen some good Disney sequels, but normally they're not that much fun. But I just watched 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure, and I have to say that I had so much fun watching this movie. It was cute, fun, and just a pleasure to watch. I know the story is kind of lame, but I thought it was almost right up there with the original 101 Dalmations film. I loved watching Thunderbolt, Patch's hero, try to save the day and he ends up ruining it, but he just thinks he's doing a good job. It's a typical story, but this wonderful Disney movie makes it work.

In a huge family of 101 dalmations, Patch is looking to stand out amongst his 99 brothers and sisters. The family moves to a farm, but accidentally leaves Patch behind, Patch goes to London to meet his favorite TV hero dog, Thunderbolt. When Thunderbolt's jealous sidekick, Lightening, tells him a lie saying that Thunderbolt is getting killed off the show, he freaks out and wants to save the day to get his press back, and with the help of Patch who knows every episode of his show on what he should do, he takes advantage. But Cruella DeVille is back and is helping a starving artist find his inspiration with the puppies she wants back so badly.

101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure is seriously one of the better Disney sequels. I really do not get the rating of 5.3 here on IMDb, because this was just a fun film to watch. If you are honestly telling me you did not laugh when Thunderbolt fakes his death with Lightening to prove that he's still "got it", Lightening's reaction was just priceless. This is a terrific family film and just a fun Disney movie together if you are just looking for a Disney movie to watch. I loved 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure, please give it a look, it's very cute.

Not Bad....

Author: hendmik from Denver, CO
25 January 2004

Coming from a parent who cringed and groaned all the way through Little Mermaid II, Cinderella II, and just about ever "II" Disney has inflicted on the public, this one wasn't bad. It kept the spirit and fun of the first, didn't get too sticky sweet, and just had a good time with itself.

Although the animation is on par with other direct-to-video releases (read: poor), had Dinsey put a little more into its development, they could've had a nice theater release on their hands. How the potential films like this are ignored, but the embarrassing Jungle Book 2 was release in theaters, I'll never figure out.

My daughter loves this one and, while it's no Toy Story, I can gladly sit through it to keep her attention away from Care Bears: The Movie.

The Legacy of Lil Lightning

Author: blacktailmon
18 February 2003

<SPOILERS>

Lil Lightning is sooooooooooooooo cool...he's a cool Corgi who tries to take Thunderbolt's place on the show... It all starts when Patch is watching the usual show with Thunderbolt and his sidekick, lil Lightning, and wants to go to the auditions the next day. He asks his dad, but Pongo's busy counting the kids!! When the pups are asleep, Patch creeps up to Pongo and asks, "Dad, am I one of a kind, or just one of 101?" Pongo is dreaming so he says, as a mistake, "101!! Yes, 101!!" So Patch crawls into the kibble bag sadly. Next day, the family leave Patch behind. At first he misses them but then he jumps onto the back of the Kanine Krunchies truck... At the show, the Announcer calls on Thunderbolt, who stuns the audience with a grand entrance, and Lil Lightning, who stuns the audience with his clumsiness as he topples off the stage (So cyuute and hilarious!!)! Lightning gets jealous because Thunderbolt tells him that "No one cares about the SIDEKICK!! They want a hero!!!" And the girls all swoon... Later, Lil Lightning lies to Thunderbolt to get him back. He kind of over does it...he tells Thunder that in a later episode Thunderbolt will be replaced by a younger dog. Thunderbolt goes demented and is obsessed with proving himself to the photographers. That's where Patch comes in. Patch helps Thunderbolt because he knows what happens in every episode...Thunderbolt keeps attempting heroic rescues with the obvious disastrous results!! Then Lil Lightning comes along and tells them he'll help them rescue Patch's brothers and sisters because Cruella has kidnapped them along with Jasper and Horace (Again!) and is tying up her new ex-friend Lars the eccentric artist to a wall. Roger and Anita, meanwhile, are searching for Patch... Patch saves the day after Lightning's purposeful bad advice causes them to be locked up. After arguing with Thunderbolt because he thought that Thunderbolt was a REAL hero, Patch kicks open the cage and sets the others free. Thunderbolt is still moping. The pups manage to hitch a ride on a bus and they drive towards the Thunderbolt show with Cruella in hot pursuit. As they arrive, Lightning gets hit by the bus and is now stuck to the front. At one point the bus nearly crashes but Patch pulls the brake. Thunderbolt uses his acting talent to distract Lightning and Cruella as the pups escape. The bus chases them to the river where they jump off the edge. Stupid Blunderbolt!!! I totally support Lightning!! I wonder what happened to him when those big dogs took him away anyway?? If he's in the pound, I'll adopt him!!:)

young kids will love it

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
10 November 2008

while i didn't think this was a bad movie,i don't think it holds a candle to the first 101 Dalmatians movie.i found it much slower for the first half or so,and then it piked up.there's quite a bit of slapstick,once again involving Cruella de vil and her henchmen Horace and Jasper.this movie is certainly much more colourful than number 1.however,Cruella is a pale shadow of herself in this one.she's is much less evil,more of a parody of herself from the first movie.The Patch referred to in the title is one of the Dalmatian Puppies.older children and adults may think it a bit slow,(there is less excitement or thrills))and lacking much in the way of story, but young children will love this movie.for me,i Give 101 Dalmatians II:Patch's London Adventure a 5.5/10

I find this movie very interesting!

Author: richard-mcghie from United Kingdom
8 December 2007

I think "101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure" is a very, very impressive sequel to the original. My favourite character is Patch, because that's who this movie is about. It's about him finally getting the chance to meet his TV idol, Thunderbolt, for the first time, and also him becoming Thunderbolt's sidekick. Finally, he does become a one-of-a-kind wonder dog after rescuing his 98 brothers and sisters from Cruella De Vil and her henchmen. They also have to deal with another villain as well, Lil' Lightning, who is Thunderbolt's on-screen sidekick. It's a real good film and I really enjoyed watching it.

NOTE: I'm planning to make 101 Dalmatians III in order to turn this animated genre of 101 Dalmatians into a trilogy. At the moment, I had just subtitled it "Tornado's Revenge", which means that I'm creating a new main villain to replace Cruella for the whole film.

A Fine Sequel, But Not-So-Fine Animation

Author: scamp4553 from United States
30 July 2014

The first 101 Dalmatians is a great movie. The second movie however, is a fine film, but nothing like the first. In my opinion, Disney sequels based on films from Walt's era seemed to work much better because the stories were much better and thicker in those films (LATT2, Bambi 2). Here, the story is certainly a good part of the film, but the magic is not present in large amounts like in the predecessor.

As always, let's kick things off with the good aspects of the film. The dog characters are very well written characters, especially Patch and Thunderbolt. Patch is probably the best character in the film, and Bobby Lockwood does a very good job at giving a believable performance. The story, like I said, is also a well-written story, and flows very well.

But the one big flaw that ruins all the magic is the animation. The animation with the dogs is fine, but the rest of the animation is honestly terrible, especially on the people. Any moment in the film where it shows Jasper and Horace, it feels like a Saturday-morning cartoon. I know that most Disney sequels look like this, but not to the extent that this film does. At the end, when Cruella, Jasper, and Horace get knocked into the river, and are seen drowning, they flop around like they are Ed Edd and Eddy characters. This takes me completely out of the movie entirely, and it makes me think that this is catered to a four-year old rather than to people who like decent animation values, which this film barely has.

Overall, I think that this film is OK. The film has some good moments in it, but the animation here DEFINITELY feels more like a DTV release, and disrupts the story quality of the movie. I know I've been recommending this following movie too much in my reviews, but seriously, watch LATT2 instead if you want a film that works on all levels of quality, not just on some. If you're a fan of all things 101 Dalmatians, I suggest you take this in with caution.

A poor sequel

Author: jenkinsr628 from United Kingdom
8 August 2009

I disliked this movie because when i was aged 2- 6 i always watched the original and loved it but when i saw this version in my mind it spoilt the joy of the original. The animation in this film i thought was fantastic and the replacements of the voices i thought were very alike as well apart from Cruella who did sound to me much like the Betty Lou Gerson version. The songs were enjoyable and good fun but there was no reprise of Cruella Devil which was the part of the original's big success in theatre and on video. I thought the timing of the film was very good but but not as long as the original. The merchandise with the movie's original release in 2003 was really great fun and the movie was very popular at the time. In total the film had it's fare share so i rate it 7/10