IMDb > "Adventure Inc." (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Adventure Inc." More at IMDbPro »

Primarily for Michael Biehn fans, Secondarily for a good time waster

Author: boondocksaint20 from Charleston, SC
10 November 2002

I was very surprised when I first saw this show...it was 11:00pm on a Sunday night, and I was flipping through channels for something to listen to while I studied for a test I had the next day. My head lifted from the book I was reading and my eyes popped wide open when I heard the words, "...in this premier episode starring Michael Biehn." Needless to say I got pretty excited being that the guy is an incredible actor and one of my favorites to see on screen. But, when I saw the gay title pop up, with the words, "Adventure Inc.", I couldn't help but laugh. I remember saying, Michael, what happened to you, man? But, I have to give credit where credit is due. This show is actually not that bad, though it offers very little that is new to the 'Relic Hunter' type of shows that are on late at night. Michael Biehn, as always delivers what he does best, an incredible screen presence. Although, his acting abilities extend much farther than the limits of the script he's given (see The Terminator and Aliens for some true acting prowess of Biehn's, where he pulls off so well as the calm and quiet, vulnerable hero...a real everyday kinda guy...He will ALWAYS be Kyle Reese every time I see him in the movies), the show is still entertaining and as others have said on this site, a good time waster. Though, this show offers nothing new, it is a better than average production which does offer good acting and pretty good action sequences (in each episode I've seen, there have been several pretty cool gun fights). Though, if Hollywood hadn't given him the shaft, Michael Biehn would definitely have become another Bruce Willis type of 'human' superhero. I hope that he gets some more leading roles while he still looks rather young (though he's not as young as he was when working with James Cameron) because he is almost always a real treat to see on screen.

Anyways, not a bad show, but then again, not a great one either. This one falls smack dab in the above average category. 7.5/10 stars

Enjoyable (if a bit generic) adventure series

Author: budikavlan from Austin, Texas
19 October 2002

Syndicated adventure series which stepped into the void created by the end of "Relic Hunter." Michael Biehn as always makes a low-key but compelling hero; he's aging pretty darn well, too. Each episode will have plenty of action scenes, fights, scary villains, and lighter moments. The one thing you can be sure will never come up is serious drama--it's a pretty safe bet no main character will suffer serious angst, and none will die unless the actor is fired. So it adds up to little of significance, but "Adventure, Inc" makes a nice way to kill an hour on a weekend afternoon.

TV doesn't get any better

Author: MichaelWeihn (mweihn@yahoo.com) from Las Vegas, NV
30 January 2003

I must confess I only watched this show because it stars my favorite actor Michael Biehn, but it is a great reward for television. Michael Biehn stars as Judson Cross, a legendary explorer who is for hire to find any artifact strange or ordinary. His team also includes beautiful Karen Cliche portraying Mac and gorgeous Jesse Nilsson playing Gabe. Each week there's a new adventure to unfold that takes the team anywhere on the globe. The episodes include science fiction, horror, and the super natural. For the budget allotted, the special effects are great as are the story lines. Check your local listings for the show is syndicated but new episodes are weekly so don't miss out.

Cancellation a great disappointment!

Author: taklasek from Hazelwood, MO USA
24 February 2004

I really enjoyed Adventure, Inc.! I am obsessed with History, and this series had many historical themes, which provided me many hours of thought and entertainment.

I put Adventure Inc. on an even level with Indiana Jones and his female counterpart (modern) Sydney in Relic Hunter. Basically, IF I enjoy a program it is sure to be cancelled. Drat and double DRAT!!!

I would like to obtain all episodes of Adventure Inc. and Relic Hunter on DVD or VHS.

GREAT SERIES!!!!!!

Terry Klasek Hazelwood, MO

Entertaining

Author: lonewolf89 from USA
2 November 2002

The show is entertaining but not exactly special. It's a good way to spend an hour if you're just looking for something to pass the time. The characters are alright, but a little two dimensional. The actors are good and I hope the writers do something with theirs skills in future episodes.

I want Re-runs!!!

Author: sugarbaby_hardygurl from U.S.
26 November 2004

I was totally upset when i found out that Jesse Nilsson died. And it also bugged me that after that they cancelled the show. I think they should have continued with the show. I mean, it wouldn't be the same with out Jesse, but at least we would have something. It was a good show. I loved the adventured they went on. They could have at least given us some re-runs. or maybe they could have put the episodes on tape and sold them. its a big let down to the fans to just stop the show. What about what we want? (sorry if that sounds selfish, but thats just how I feel about the situation.) They did a horrible job in just ending the show, it could have and should have gone a lot further.