IMDb > Piglet's Big Movie (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Piglet's Big Movie More at IMDbPro »

Endearing!

Author: Cornwells5 from New York State, US
25 April 2004

This movie has captivated not only my almost three-year-old's attention, but the hearts of our entire family! This movie is sweet, charming, and chock-full of reminders of how we should value and treat our precious friendships! Being the "tiny voice" in the group, Piglet and his kindnesses are often overlooked, leaving him feeling alone and insignificant...how many of us can relate to that, especially our children?! Piglet's friends reminisce and slowly figure out that their precious friend is a priceless treasure! I know my children have thought twice about how they are treating their friends after having seen this movie! The very best part is the music! Carly Simon has written the sweetest lyrics and melodies that my three-year-old insists I sing to him before bed each night. Songs include, "A Few Good Friends", "A Mother's Intuition", and Simon's own, softer version of Pooh's theme song.

Don't miss this delightfully enchanting film...you'll be "singing" its praises too!!

Sweet children's movie

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
10 October 2009

Piglet's Big Movie is a sweet children's movie, though I don't think it is as good as the Tigger Movie. There are flaws with the movie, the characters due to the voice actors changing have drastically changed, Rabbit especially. The plot is a little unfocused, it is nice that adorable Piglet has his own movie, but only the last quarter of or so of the film was dedicated completely to Piglet, there were parts when it was suggestive of an extended TV episode. And it is rather short, so the limitations in script and plot are glaring sadly. However, the voice acting is very good, Jim Cummings is marvellous as Tigger and Pooh, and John Fiedler voices Piglet beautifully. The art work, while not as good as the animation in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, is still decent, and the songs by Carly Simon, especially the stirring Sing Ho For the Life of the Bear are surprisingly memorable. All in all, sweet. 7/10 Bethany Cox

Wot u on about?

Author: Lil_Kim69 from poole
10 July 2006

Piglets big movie is the best movie I've seen, nd I'm 15! i watch it over and over. the music is great and the story line is gripping!!! i disagree with anyone who says it is rubbish when i don't think it is! at the end i was on the verge of tears! it is an emotional film about friendship, if only we all had friends like them! Piglets big movie shows that no matter how small you are you are big in peoples lives and that meant something to me as I'm short! it made me see that no matter how much you think no one needs you, at least one person needs you and would do anything to make sure you are ok1 i was so thankful for my friends after i saw this film!!

A fantastic Disney film and the best of the Pooh Bear series.

Author: jonesdobbs from Australia
14 February 2005

It's a wonderful film for children and adults bringing together all the various Winnie the Pooh stories. Piglet's Big Movie gives you insight into many of the Pooh Bear characters. Having seen this film, I find that reading the Pooh Bear stories is more interesting. The characters now seem to have more depth and the various personalities shine through. It's sincere and funny and there is plenty of action. You can sing along with many of the songs (and learn them if you let the subtitles run with the film). We have watched it over and over again. We keep coming back to this film because it has the most entertaining elements for the Pooh series. The film is well made and the animation is tops. The film pulls together all the elements of Winnie the Pooh. You have to love it!

Pooh kicks Barney's butt!

Author: americandragonfreak from United States
19 April 2006

Pooh rocks! This film is great just like the others. I nearly cried when Pooh lost Piglet's scrap-book. This film is cute just like all the others and I have a friend who thinks Pooh cares more about his honey than his friends, which this movie prooves is false.

Piglet feels left out because of his size and runs away. Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Roo and Rabbit are concerned and look for him using his scrap book. Along the way they learn that Piglet is a big part in their lives and that they took advantage of him. In the end Pooh is almost killed, but Piglet saves him. This film is good and is underrated just like all the Pooh films!Plus, Carly Simon ain't half bad at singing the songs.

POOH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big movie, but bigger soundtrack

Author: theforneys from Washington
4 April 2003

Cute for children, but adults may find themselves checking their watches. Our family enjoyed it. Our 9-year-old got very sad at the middle and near the end of the movie. As a family film, it still got a thumbs up from us. The songs by Carly Simon were very enjoyable. My son especially liked it when Pooh changed the end of the "House at Pooh Corner" story.

The most adorable movie I have ever seen

Author: sfgiantsfan39 from San Francisco, California
13 June 2012

This movie will absolutely capture your heart. Although it starts out slow in the beginning, it gets interesting after the part where Pooh and the others lose their map for finding Piglet after he goes missing. There are frequent mildly depressing scenes, but the happy scenes easily more than make them up. After all, how many movies contain several scenes where Eeyore is smiling and happy? Not too many. This movie makes you realize how much you love your friends, and had me in absolute tears by the end. This is the first movie I have ever seen during which I actually cried, and I've seen movies like War Horse and The Help. This movie is overflowing with pure love. There is nothing like it I have ever seen. Mystery, friendship, music, drama, Winnie the Pooh, this movie's got it all!

Very cute movie for the very young.

Author: harafeh from San Jose, CA
11 April 2003

Our children are four (boy) and two (girl) and have only seen two other Pooh movies. Both absolutely loved this one. My wife and I also enjoyed the movie. It was sweet, simple and had just enough plot for them to follow.

sweet

Author: cryptobat from Perth Australia
2 July 2005

I saw the Disney's animated pooh stories as a child. Now I am old enough to have my own kids (I'm 24) and I'm so glad Disney has continued to make such lovely kiddy movies. There's really nothing to dislike when it comes to choosing something sweet, innocent and good for children.

the song are fun.

However! as an animation nut I am afraid it is a let down for an adult audience, fans or otherwise. As this movie is not really a movie at all but a series of short stories revolving around piglet. Still kids won't care. And the songs are nice. The animation is not improved from the TV series, but that's OK as its nice anyway. And little kids again won't CARE about movie quality animation. And that's what people need to realize. This is made for CHILDREN and not adults like so many movies are nowadays. Gone are the purely INNOCENT movie of our heydays. Like Dumbo and Bambi.

fans will smile, if your not a fan don't bother...simple as that really

It's great that Piglet has his own movie but...

Author: Chrysanthepop from Fraggle Rock
4 September 2009

'Piglet's Big Movie' could have been much better. While watching it, it felt as though one was watching a straight to video Disney film. The dialogues were ordinary and the animation was a little too simplistic. That aside, the movie still has its charm mostly because of the characters and their camaraderie. The humour also works well most of the time. Piglet being the littlest one in the group and often ignored, the characters walk down memory lane while as they reminisce their little friend while searching for him. The songs have beautiful lyrics but most of them are poorly sung except for the one beautifully sung by Carly Simon herself which is one of the highlights of the movie. 'Piglet's Big Movie' may have its flaws but it's far from Disney's worst. Kids will enjoy it the most as there's a valuable lesson about friendship to be learned too but this is also applicable to adults who sometimes take the youngest one in their group for granted and fail to express their importance. Overall, I'm still glad that Piglet got his own movie.