IMDb > Graduation Night (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Graduation Night More at IMDbPro »Truth and Dare (original title)

Pretty bad, BUT...

Author: lndkramer from United States
7 September 2009

You know what, I have to agree with the comment preceding my own for the most part. Very dull movie, slow-paced, bad acting, unbelievable characters. And I didn't really understand the prank in the bedroom. What did they do to that condom? But I digress.

For some reason I still see hints of potential gleaming through this dark cloud of a film. For example, the scene towards the end when the sun is rising and the music is playing and we see all the characters waking up. I found that to be a beautiful scene. Great song choice and just a nice scene all around. And when the jock comes back to the house in the morning dressed as a clown. I chuckled.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that I've seen worse, but not too much worse. Films would benefit much more if the writers did not force so much, and just let the essence of the film speak for itself.

Simple, fun and for the most part innocent film

Author: honey-27 from United States
8 September 2010

Perhaps I'm not as jaded as the previous two reviewers' >markhoey< and >lndkramer< are. I found this film to be a simple, fun and for the most part innocent film. I enjoyed the friendship between the three friends. I agree the morning after scene was well done. The sweet love story also was a bit of genius. I liked how the story switches between the two scenarios. Yes we have all seen a version of this theme before, but good over evil and doing the right thing should never get old. Do we really need more movies with salacious nude and sex scenes to keep our interest? I sincerely hope not. Thanks Alpesh Patel, cast and production crew as far as I am concerned you did (not just) 'good' but very good!

wow!! dull...... really really dull

Author: markhoey from United States
7 March 2009

could be perhaps, the worst coming of age high school movie ever. this movie setting is a high school graduation party where the usual suspects found in teen movies can be found. clichés about nerds and jocks abound. did you know that jocks pick on nerds and nerds secretly hate jocks? and, did you know that nerds are smarter than dumb jocks and can easily play tricks on them? of course you do. this old chestnut has been in countless films as do others. clichés about the plight of the popular girl. is she really happy being the center of attention? who will be able to draw out of her all that she can be? why its the handsome misunderstood loner kid. at least put some nudity in this film so one can sit through all of the poorly written, filmed scenes. it would be a way of saying "thanks for watching this wretched tax dodge of a film."