"The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Most original show in a while

Author: dbs-2 from Blacksburg, VA
28 July 2004

First, I am a 22 year old college student, and I love this show. I originally started watching Jimmy Neutron when I was babysitting, and I was amazed at how much more entertaining the show was than prime time TV. The inventiveness of the writers in coming up with new gagets and gizmos every week is enough to start watching the show. Then with the character development, visual gags, slick animation, the addition of real science facts and funny stories, I keep watching it. I read some other comments saying that the show was horrible and I have no idea where anyone gets that perspective other than they are mad because they have to watch a kids show. Kids show, adult show, I am still highly entertained by Jimmy Neutron. Give it a chance, you will enjoy it.

Funny as heck!

Author: Shirley Runyon (BeeyochKitty) from State of Chaos
18 October 2003

I still haven't seen the original movie, but I love the series! I'm 41 and my son is 14, and we like to watch it together. I'm not the biggest fan of CGI animation, but considering all the gadgets that Jimmy comes up with, it works; the animators do a great job, too. I like the fact that Jimmy Neutron, while having an IQ of 210, is pretty much just a normal dorky kid, with normal dorky friends - the difference is in the high-tech way he solves his normal dorky problems. This is geared more towards kids than is "Dexter's Lab," but I still find much to giggle at (like the fact that Jimmy's Mexican buddy is named "Sheen." In case you're not a huge Martin Sheen fan, his real name is Ramon Estevez.) It's cute AND funny -- I recommend it!

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
20 April 2005

After the movie was made, they decided to make it a series. This is the computer animated cartoon series about a boy inventor who lives his everyday life with the gadgets that he creates. While he lives his life he comes up with all kinds of ideas for proof or for himself and others. For example, he tries to pass a history presentation, invents walking trousers and even creates his own brother called "Brobot". He has many different adventures that include his two friends Carl and Sheen, and some that involve his "eney" Cindy. Every episode she laughs at him and his inventions, but Jimmy just tries to ignore her. At the time, and sometimes today, a good cartoon.

A fun series that is NOT for the terminally self-important

Author: davidemartin (davidemartin@cs.com) from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13 March 2004

You just have to shake your heads at the ridiculous degrees of self-important condemnation some of the trolls here will engage in.

JIMMY NEUTRON is one of the most clever shows I've ever seen on the tube, in terms of the writing, voice talent, and visual execution. At times, it actually surpasses its spiritual CGI predescessor, REBOOT (and REBOOT was a helluvan incredible series!).

I love the way the creators happily plunder elements from everywhere. For example, in "Return of the Nanobots", Jimmy's micro-saucer's control room is taken from the Metalunan saucer in THIS ISLAND EARTH. And Jimmy uses two different Kirk & Spock strategems to defeat the renegade nanobots-- present them with a paradox that would make them self-destruct and when that doesn't work, trick them into computing Pi to the last decimal. And about halfway through the episode, the soundtrack switches to KLECZMER music!

So ignore the clueless trolls and go watch this show!

The BEST Animated TV Series I've Seen In A While

Author: arcadeguru
30 July 2003

`Jimmy Neutron,' both the feature film, and the series are both some of the most entertaining CGI work I've seen in quite a while. Many people over-examine and are unable to appreciate it simply for what it is: a kid's show. Being a child of the 80's, I grew up on Saturday morning cartoons, and this show, to me, is reminiscent of those times. I've read that some say it's simple and boring; and it's really a shame because those people are truly missing out on a great show. The plots are original, the characters and dialogue are very humorous, and the scenery is incredible (there *is* some adult humor thrown in occasionally just to make sure the adults are paying attention). Who could ask for more? Also, one must take into consideration all the hard work that goes into making a CGI animation series. You have writers, designers, animators, shaders, storyboarders, modelers (forgive me if I left anyone out), and countless others busting their butts to crank out two new 11-minute shorts each week. So, again, don't over-analyze it, just enjoy it for what it is: kid's stuff.

Funny and cute

Author: Dave (iamday19) from Charleston, South Carolina
1 July 2003

Jimmy Neutron uses the wonderful animation technique used by Pixar. (I don't really know if this is a Pixar production or not, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it is. It has the quality standards of humor and animation that Pixar has set.)

Neutron is an inventive show (and I use the word 'inventive' literally, since the show is about a boy genius who makes inventions.) It has some aspects similar to DEXTER'S LABORATORY (like the idiot father and incredibly intelligent son), although Jimmy Neutron is much more sociable than Dexter is and often uses his ideas in the pursuit of making the lives of his friends easier and for keeping his reputation as being the greatest in "Show And Tell".

I also think it's hilarious that Steve Oedekerk is a director for this series. This and KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST are some of his greatest works.

Finally, a good Movie-Gone-TV program for the entire family!

Author: xxpinkpanther
4 February 2006

After many pointless Movie-Gone-TV flops, I'm happy to say that "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" is a breath of fresh air. Each episode has a funny, kid-like appeal to it, though the whole family would enjoy it! The characters are great, and the entire series sticks to the main plot of Jimmy Neutron being, as the title states, a boy genius, while still exploring great ways to entertain families and kids everywhere. I can honestly say that when I turn on my TV and find Jimmy Neutron on, I can watch and be entertained, even if I've seen the episode previously. All in all, this program is a nice show to watch.

Rating: 7.5/10

Intelligent Fun!

Author: sga-4 from Houston, Texas
20 May 2004

The movie is good, the series is better! My favorite episode is "Jet Fusion"--EXCELLENT episode with a great cast. This is undoubtedly the best animated program that Nick has ever produced.

I just had to write a decent comment to replace the last one that I read. A previous commenter did not like the show very much, saying that it was aimed at 3 to 6 year olds--must have been over his head (as is evidenced by his expanded vocabulary). Not to mention, it IS a cartoon and cartoons typically DO target children.

However, this show actually targets a much older age group, with references to episodes of the old Twilight Zone (such as the Burgess Meredith episode where he was the last man on earth) and other old television shows. It also frequently employs "gags" that my children don't get because they are just too young. However, there is plenty of up-to-date fun for the kids to enjoy the show.

While thoroughly entertaining, the show manages to teach some great values as well. After all, the star is super smart and still has friends, showing that you can be intelligent and still have social skills. It also teaches children to think their way out of problems, without pushing it so hard that it detracts from the story.

Anyone that doesn't find this show fun is either too young to get the jokes, or just way too old to remember what fun is!

I like it, even with its problems

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
7 August 2010

This was not the best show on Nickelodean- Angry Beavers(the best), Rugrats, Spongebob Squarepants(before it jumped the shark) and Wild Thornberrys are better- but it is not the worst, it is way better than ChalkZone, iCarly and I think Fairly Odd Parents too. That is not to say Jimmy Neutron has its problems, it can be cheesy and predictable in some of the story lines, with some annoying side characters and some uneven pacing.

However, the CGI animation is not bad at all, the colours and backgrounds are imaginative, the gadgets were incredible and the characters are well-modelled. The music is also tolerable, while the writing is witty and funny, yes with cheesy moments(I don't know where the evil pants idea came from), but it was funny and the stories while predictable had some clever and original parts to them. The characters are in general good, Jimmy's parents and Carl can be annoying, but I like how Jimmy is loyal and inventive and how sassy Cindy is, and out of the villains I loved Professor Calamitus. And the voice acting is excellent from all involved.

Overall, don't expect a masterpiece of a show but one that's fun and witty. Oh, and if you like the show, you may like the movie. 7/10 Bethany Cox

funny as hell

Author: scotti-4 from orwigsburg, pennsylvania
23 October 2004

This show is fantastic! How someone could thinks it sucks is beyond my comprehension. Yes, it is geared for kids...however, it has soooo much sly adult humor too. The style with the colors and music they use is all around awesome. Each character (adult and child) is completely developed. Jimmy is far advanced intellectually and handles peer ribbing with aplomb...because he shows that having brains is a wonderful attribute. Appreciating intelligent kids is what we should support in families and society. This show is a welcome addition to our household. We tivo this show every day. Hope this stays on for a long time! Keep on having your brain blasts Jimmy!!!

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]