IMDb > "Fastlane" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

GREAT SHOW

Author: wannasurf2 from USA
25 January 2004

Wow, I never could figure out why this show disappeared. Everyone I spoke to liked it. This goes down in the unexplained cancellations file like My So Called Life and Family Guy for example. It was a little over the top, but was still a great show.

The thing that made it magic are all of the different elements of it. It had a continuing story line, which gave it backbone similar to another great show, Nash Bridges. It had the action of any Bruckheimer flick. It even had a great complementing pair of leading actors reminiscent of Miami Vice. Seems like a lot for a weekly show. Maybe it was too much for the general public. I do agree however that had this show been on a different night, it would have had a guaranteed hold for several seasons, and would have likely launched Facinelli into the ranks of Kutcher and other current young actors. Speaking of Facinelli, I would sure like to see him take over the Fast / Furious saga. Paul Walker should hopefully be ready to walk away from it anyway, especially after the mess that the sequel was.

One of the greatest shows ever!

Author: ghostofchurch from Minnesota
7 November 2003

What made the show great inevitably led to its downfall. Fox cancelled the show because of the extremely high production costs. (Around 50 million for the series?) That was what made the show great though. It was like a 60 minute movie. The shots, the carema angles, the exotic cars, all the pretty people...I hope this is where television goes in the future.

I love this show

Author: shay_loves_hayden from Canada
12 November 2002

OK i was amazed when i first watched this show, the 2 guys make perfect bad cops, the action is great and so is the acting. I love this show a lot, and i hope i never gets canceled. Peter Facinelli is so good in his role. Plus hes pretty hot. He also sounds alot like Tom Cruise...did anyone else notice that?

Worst Show in the history of Television

Author: nofx1983 from United States
19 October 2005

When I heard McG was connected to direct Superman, I was interested in his work to see what he can do, thus provoking me to watch "Fastlane" on Fox. Nothing was more painful in my entire life. I wanted to stab myself with something so I would never remember the pain and horror of this series.

Let's take a look at the cast. First off, McG has to be so politically correct and have a black guy and a white guy as the main players. Why? Just to be a girl, I guess. The chemistry between the two reminded me of two drug dealers making deals after school. Then you have the hot Tiffani Thiessen. The only reason to watch this lame show. She acts like a total biotch, and never takes her clothes off, so in order to get through the horrible dialogue, you have to use your imagination to undress her. Finally the plot which is so bad, it's laughable.

The plot deals with really "cool" cops that break the law to protect the law. Yes, you read it correctly. That is the truth. But don't worry, it gets worst. Then you have the super hip cool bad guys ready to take action to steal from somebody. That's when our black/white heroes jump in trendy cars and wear way cool clothes and fight crime in such a way cool hip way to beat the way cool evil bad guys.

Bottom line, never watch this show. This show has potential to be the worst television show of all time.

Better than what others have said!

Author: Adam Giblin from Telford
22 October 2003

OK, so it may be a show which you have seen before, a typical miss-match cop series but after the second series started, the story lines have got better and the camera shots were different (split) than anything that's been done before. Not the best show in the world, but still some good entertainment. I certainly enjoyed watching it.

Highlight of Friday Nights

Author: Jericho from United States
24 July 2003

This show was great. The chemistry that was displayed between Peter Facinelli, Bill Bellamy, and Tiffani Thiessen was fun to watch each and every week. They really seemed to get along and enjoy themselves. The show had plenty of episodes that displayed what great talent was behind the show, where they actually made an action show interesting, with multiple characters who were so interesting to watch each and every week(Van,Deaqon,Billy,Aquarius) and other guest stars who all added their own unique style to the show. The best episodes of the series had to be the first episode(Pilot) and the 2-parter 'Defense' and 'Offense' Two of the guest stars for this 2-Parter were Jay Mohr and Krista Allen. They were both great. And Jay Mohr's character of being the typical A-Hole, was so nicely done, you just had to like him. And Krista Allen lit up the screen, when she was on it. I will forever be keeping an eye on her now, as well as the rest of the cast from this VERY, UNDER-RATED show! I think people just expected it to be too much like all the other cop or crime/drama shows and for that reason, they were ignorant to lighten up and take this show for what is was. It was entertaining for everyone. It had the hot music, the hot babes, the cool guys, the fast cars, the awesome action sequences, the right blend of comedy w/out making it too silly, and when they slowed down from all the fast-paced buisness, they really had some nice emotional scenes. Nothing to cry over, but they were good enough to get someone watching the show, to care for these characters.

I hate FOX for cancelling this show, just like they do with every show they have that doesn't score 'Friends' ratings in it's first 2 weeks. These TV Companies need to let the show have a chance to gain an audience. And it doesn't help if half-way through the Season, the show gets switched to a new time-slot. Or if there are not a good amount of re-runs to keep the show fresh in viewers minds. These TV exec.'s are stupid and have no idea how to decide what gets picked-up, or what gets the axe. Need I remind you, 'Brisco County Jr.' and 'John Doe'. If you get a chance to watch this show, please do. It was such a great show and such a great shame to see it cancelled. FASTLANE is forever going to be in my TOP 10 shows of all time.

One of the best things on tv today

Author: tara_maeve
26 June 2003

Fastlane is one of the best things on tv today: an undercover cop show that's up to date- and hip.

Fastlane has it all: deception, sex, angst, romance, violence, betrayal, dark pasts, characters you love, characters you love to hate... it's the ultimate cop show.

Fastlane is definitely an addictive, compulsive cult-status show and I love it for it.

Getting Better With Time

Author: EL TORO 79 from United States
7 November 2002

Due to the serious lack of good shows on TV now days I was looking forward to this show. I watched the first episode and while it was less then what I had hoped for it was decent and good enough to keep my attention as well as give me something to waste an hour with Wed. nights.

But as more episodes go by it is getting better. The last episode(11-6) was the best yet. If they can keep up this pace they'll be able to have a good run. Just as long as they can avoid the curse of Fox who is famous for short lived TV series.

This needs to be back on TV

Author: sonny_2003 from NC
26 September 2005

Anyone who has seen even one episode of Fastlane will fall in love with it. This show had everything that made it hit. The cars, the clothes, the girls and a lot of action. An incredible cast of Bill, Tiffani and Peter made was an incredible combination. This show was funny, thrilling and had twist and turns that always had you coming back the next week to see what else would happen. This is the first show that had me calling people during commercials to talk about what happened. To describe this show simply, I would say that it is a cross of Miami Vice and Fast and the Furious.

I know a lot of people signed petitions to keep this on the air. If anything, I hope they put it on DVD.

One of the few truly amazing shows of all time.

Author: (johnnycage10@yahoo.com) from Scotland
10 June 2004

Maybe there's something I'm seeing about this (granted unrealistic) police show that most others aren't, but all the reviews here seem to be from people who either disliked it (if you didn't like it, then fair enough since it wasn't your cup of tea) or from those who liked it because of the glossy appearance that all the sets, clothes, make-up carried, and of course the tons and tons of Baywatch-style women who dropped by on a regular basis.

Am I the only one here who thought that Fastlane was an incredible show because of the dialogue, or the quality of the acting, or the unexpected plot twists? Seems so. But for anyone who hasn't seen this show and can either catch it on reruns somewhere or find the season to buy on tape (still hunting for that myself), then you should catch it, and not because of the Baywatch effect, but because this show had the best actors, best dialogue and best plot twists aside from season 3 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. *******************Spoilers*********************** One of the most dramatic scenes to ever be filmed on any screen had to be when Van and Deaq were undercover at a gangster's mansion (episode Defense) while a party was held, and Van sees a bloodied uniformed cop who's being dragged away to be executed by the party-goers. Peter Facinelli's acting there was worthy of an Oscar. As for Drama, a random example brought Deaq chastising both his partner and his boss for competing against each other when they were supposed to be hunting the robbers who shot his maid. And by the way, thanx for asking, but she's doing better at the hospital! Loved that line on Deaq's part :)

And as for plot twists, who could see that Billy's obsession with a particular drug dealer was because he had been the dealer whose heroin she became addicted to? As I'm watching this episode, I'm being led to believe that it's gonna be another overdone storyline where it's her ex-boyfriend and he broke her heart by turning to crime, but no, we're hit with a very original plot twist. ******************End Spoilers******************** Between the acting and the huge amount of charm that every character possessed, these were the kind of rare fictitious individuals who one could actually enjoy simply watching them be themselves. Nothing unusual had to happen to make watching these characters fun, all that needed to happen was for Van, Deaq, Billy and for their entourage to be sitting down for lunch, and the conversation would've been more fun than anything else you can hear from the TV set. Not that Peter F was the only good actor. Bill Bellamy, Tiffany Thiesen (she definitely grew out of idiotic roles like Saved By The Bell and Beverly Hills 90210 by doing this) and even the guest stars like Jay Mohr were a delight to watch. It's too bad that the show ended up being too expensive to continue, because I so wanted this beautifully-made show to come back. I would've preferred that McG and company saved some money by cutting back on the cool special effects and the nice soundtrack, as long as they left the good acting, good dialogue and good plots. But unfortunately, that didn't happen and we had to let the show rest in peace after season 1 ended, which was very sad.

Instead, we now have crapfests like Big Brother, Survivor, retarded shows that have nothing to contribute but that keep gathering an audience because this girl takes her top off or that guy talks about getting laid. It says a lot about the culture as a whole when more people would rather watch the usual garbage that most TV shows and movies are and something like Fastlane doesn't get renewed for a second season because not enough people tuned in to see it. McG had done this great show, and he had also done both Charlie's Angels movies. The quality show he obviously worked very hard on got axed after one year, but the latter two movies where he just paid three airheads to jump up and down while in tight clothes made him a ton of money. So obviously I can't blame him for spending more time on stuff like Charlie's Angels and letting Fastlane go. It's the idiocy of the public that I blame for the lack of good TV out there. So to McG, thanx for a marvel of a TV show that I loved watching every week, and here's hoping that one day, maybe you'll be bored enough, and rich enough, to want to grace us with a TV movie that ties all the loose ends that the end of Fastlane season 1 left.

Page 4 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]