IMDb > "Fastlane" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Fastlane"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Fastlane" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Miami Vice of The 2000's

Author: David Lipkins (davesmooth@hotmail.com) from United States
24 February 2004

This was a great show that was pulled after one season. It was like a 2000's version of Miami Vice but with cooler people. The using of Los Angeles as a backdrop was a good choice, because most of the drama cop shows are set around New York. The action was fast paced, and the music was updated weekly. Tiffany, Bill, And Peter were cast superbly, and the scripts were well written. It's a shame that Fox pulled this show. They didn't give it time to gather a following. If I remember correct, they kept switching the nights it was on, which is a major factor in trying to keep viewers. The show ended with a cliff hanger that made you think that it was coming back. If you can catch this show on video, or on cable anywhere, you will not be disappointed.

Some of the most entertaining TV I've seen in a while...

Author: atrac from United States
11 November 2003

I'll keep this short and sweet: "Fastlane" was an incredibly enjoyable TV Show. It was extremely high quality, glossy, flashy, hip, and entertaining.

Apparently it was canceled because of High Production Costs (?). If this is true, I can certainly see where the money went. It went to producing quality entertainment, meant for 18 and up adults (this was definitely not a "kids" show).

FOX definitely screwed up by airing this show on Friday Nights in the United States. What were they thinking???? Only an idiot would put such an expensive show on a night when most people "go out" to recover from a work week, or even better, go to bed early to recover from a work week. This show had Sunday NIGHT written all over it. Only MTV had the brains to pick up the show second run (a week after it aired on FOX), reaching an audience that I am SURE this show was targeted at. Unfortunately though I don't think people knew enough about the show to make the effort to catch it on either network.

While I severely morn the passing of this show, I can only pray that FOX will decide to recoup some of their apparent "losses" by releasing the first and only season on DVD.

Do you hear me FOX execs??? RELEASE THIS SHOW ON DVD!!! People will buy it!!!

*EDIT* Apparently someone listened to somebody, as it's coming out on DVD Summer 2008! Yes!!!!

This party is 'Off the Hook'

Author: y2jswalls
12 January 2003

This show is simply 'Off the Hook'. It rocks Big-Time. This show has it all. For guys or women, it has the hot chicks, the hot guys, the hot cars, the hot music and the hot dialogue between Facinelli, Bellamy and Thiesan who with each episode are becoming more and more comfortable with each other and really making them seem like a little family unit. Granted it may not have the storylines a show like 'CSI' would have, but it's not trying to be like those shows. It is what it is trying to be. An entertaining action show, to give the people in tv land, what is so badly needed. An hour where you can just sit down and have some fun. I loved this show from the beginning and it hasn't let me down yet. Anyone who does not like this show, simply does not know how to just enjoy themselves. And those people would probally nit-pick about every little thing in any show. Well there is no pleasing everyone.

If your looking for an exciting show to have some fun watching, than look no further. FASTLANE is "A #1"

Hip, Cool, Fun & Sexy!!!

Author: Krister Klementsen (ma-klem@online.no) from Bergen, Norway
27 May 2003

Hi!

Fastlane is a great show!

Some say it copies Fast and the furious. Maybe!

To me it`s the best parts from Charlie Angels, Mod Squad, Miami Vice, Fast and the Furious, Shaft and more, put into one great show!

The camerawork, the colors, the music, the cars, the clothes, the dialogues, the babes, the scripts and three good actors who work very well together!

Looks like the show is made in widescreen, but changed into fullscreen!

Looking forward to the DVD, lets hope it`s in widescreen, surround sound, and lots of extra materials!

I hope their will be a season two!

To many good shows end to soon! (Birds of Prey, The Flash (1991), Two Guys and a Girl, Jack Of All Trades, and more) It`s usually in the second season, that the show gets a lot of viewers and that it gets high ratings.

Example: Buffy, Xena, Angel, Man from U.N.C.L.E, and more!

Long live good entertainment!!

Fastlane get`s 9.6 out of 10!!

Miami Vice the next generation???

Author: jonnydaytona from Hamilton, Ontario
14 February 2003

Fast lane is a great show......Wicked cars, delectable ladies, booming soundtrack and loads of action. The 'backwards' approach to the action is unique and a welcome change from regular cop show fare. (the beginning of each episode is usually the prelude to the climax, then we see how the main characters go to the point. Tiffani Theissen is terrific as the Boss, as are Bill Bellamy and Peter Facinelli who have great on screen chemistry. As great as it is however, it is a blatant rip off (perhaps tribute is a kinder word) of Miami Vice. The pilot episode is the same, check it out: Miami Vice: Undercover drug officer's partner killed.....meanwhile new York undercover cop's brother (also a cop) is killed by same organization. New York Cop (tubbs) comes to Miami to avenge Brother, becomes partners with Miami Cop (Crockett). Substitute Miami with LA and change Crockett and Tubbs to Ray and Deqe. Just an observation....Vice was a great show in it's day and Fastlane is the rightful heir to the throne. Finally a winner from Fox...(it's been a while guys.....)

How to have a hit show and fail

Author: liqvid from United Kingdom
6 January 2007

This must be one of the best detective/action series made to date! I know I'm a bit late in commenting but I saw it recently in the UK and was looking forward to another series and have found out (fairly late!) that Fox have cancelled it! From reading other comments it appears it was too expensive to continue! Maybe if they cancelled 2 or 3 of the really rubbish series out there they could put the money back into what was a cracking bit of television? Not only that but they left the series on a cliff-hanger just to rub salt in the wound! Poor Billie left in a room somewhere with a leg full of heroin and a lunatic. Thanks guys! Maybe they could make one more to tidy up the ending at least?! What a shame that good shows actually cost more to make than rubbish ones? Hmmm, I wonder why that would be? If that was aired prime time here in the UK, I'm sure they could make their money but I suppose everyones moved on from that now and it'll never happen. Still at least it puts a stake in the ground for quality and maybe someone will take up the challenge of making some more good telly. Here's hoping ..

Great entertainment!

Author: SaturnWings from United States
8 August 2003

I don't need to see another ER or NYPD Blue. When it comes to TV, I'm looking for good entertainment, not necessarily mind-numbing but nothing terribly serious. I found Fastlane to be a perfect middle ground. It's the great action flick adapted for the small screen. Fastlane is what its title proclaims, quick paced and not necessarily about the nitty-gritty stuff you'll find in other cop shows. If you want serious cop shows, go watch NYPD Blue, CSI, or any of the plethora out there. Fastlane is its own niche, and I'm sad to see it go. It's nice to unwind to this show at the end of the week.

Edge of your seat

Author: potidaean
2 December 2002

People mistake style for flash. This show coasts on charisma, and there's plenty of it. Who really cares if the show is like any other one that came before it? It works by itself and the acting really is great by today's prime time standards. Sure, it's no ER or even NYPD Blue, but it has enough awesome directing sense to keep you excited throughout.

Fast Lane

Author: milesbolland from United Kingdom
15 September 2006

Fastlane was the coolest show on earth. It was shown at about 0400 in the morning which was a slight inconvenience. I stumbled onto it when I fell asleep in my big chair and woke up early in the morning. I flicked on the TV and there it was just starting. Staying up that late when you have work in the morning was worth it. It got it right, everything a excellent TV show needs, Hot women, Fast cars, Big guns, Good bad guys, Car chases, other types of chases, Gun fights, Some decent acting. It is Bad Boys but a TV show, and maybe a little cooler. But that could be controversial, don't get me wrong Bad Boys is awesome. Theys should bring Fastlane back. If you haven't seen it you really have to.

Trendsetter

Author: keithpettyworld from United States
6 July 2006

This show I loved. It was too cool. That show made me want to be undercover cop. How they did all that stuff was so tight, with all the exploding, and gun fights, and physical fight sand the cars. My favorite episode was when they robbed that bank. I would of never thought of that and both of the guys were so hot. I loved this show so much I almost cried when I heard that it was going off. Too great of a show to be on for one season. Fastlane one the greatest shows to be on TV. It sucks that we never got to see a decent end to the show. Even though the show only lasted for one season it was great. Fastlane is like the movie Bad Boys, Blue Streak, the Fast and the Furious, and Starsky and Hutch rolled up into one. was fabulous!! nothing bad to say about this show!! the budget was there and that was nice!! nice cars, gun, Girls, and a nice cast! Even if it looks like a men show i think it was more!! the story were nice!! and the musical choice is still popular in the world.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]