IMDb > Doris Day: A Sentimental Journey (1991) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Doris Day: A Sentimental Journey (TV) More at IMDbPro »

only the greatest

Author: mikeydv-1 from United States
27 April 2005

As usual, this TV documentary, totally absorbing and wonderfully DAYish, focuses very clearly on how UNappreciated Doris Day was throughout her Hollywood Tenure. IF FACTS AND RESEARCH BE KNOWN, she is the biggest female entertainer of the 20th century concentrating on ALL ASPECTS of show business from jukeboxes to TV sets! Let the critics re-evaluate, and finally APPRECIATE THIS WONDERFUL HUMANITARIAN ENTERTAINER. This show tells the complete story and some very famous people have the opportunity to rescind their previous derogatory remarks about Doris. For me, it was a wonderful evening of entertainment, filled with tear-laden memories. I first saw Doris when she sang with the Les Brown Band at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City. I was a child of 9, and I fell in love at first sight. At 68 today, my feelings have not changed. NO ONE HAS OR COULD EVER EQUAL the joy she has given me for 59 years!

Amazing music and clips

Author: moonspinner55 from las vegas, nv
18 January 2004

If I'm not mistaken, this is the PBS documentary on Doris Day which featured some beautiful & rare vocal performances that I've not forgotten in 13 years. This is the REAL Doris Day, and I wish PBS would re-air it. Lovely all the way through, Doris in '91 was as vital and sexy as ever. I hope she's still doing well. God bless her.

Fascinating Story, Amazing Performer

Author: rcollins-16 from United States
2 April 2010

I believe this interesting, informative and concise record is the better of the two documentaries about an extraordinary star's life and career. The many unpleasant circumstances and events of her personal life are neatly woven and contrasted with her glamorous screen persona and hectic professional life. Doris Day was the ultimate girl next door who just happened to be gorgeous and talented. She was able to do everything well and make it look simple. If there is anyone in the world who does not like this woman I don't want to know about it. Considering her amazing popularity, it is surprising that this documentary has been out of circulation for so many years and has never been given a video release. It certainly deserves repeated viewings.