Amazing!

Author: Ashley (sw33t.ph34r@gmail.com) from United States
22 February 2008

I love this concert so much! And I was only 6 years old when I watched it on Television. What a great collection of amazing music legends... Tom Petty did an outstanding job on this, "License to Kill" is probably by favorite performance on here. Not to mention "It Ain't Me Babe" performed by June Carter and Johnny Cash is some pretty amazing stuff. Every performer brings something unique to the stage. Truly a concert that is all about the music and not about the light and appearance. This is one of those concert I wish I could have gone to. I can watch this over and over and never get tired of it! A must see for Bob Dylan and old music lovers! Check it out!

A Fitting Tribute from Many Legends to a Legend

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
26 May 2016

Bob Dylan: 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration (1993)

**** (out of 4)

Was there really another artist other than Bob Dylan to receive such a tremendous tribute? There have been countless tributes over the years but I honestly can't think of a bigger one that happened before or after this one. I mean, pretty much everyone who was somebody are on hand here and the performances are just riveting.

There are countless great performances scattered throughout the nearly three hour running time but some of the highlights include: John Mellencamp (Like a Rolling Stone), Stevie Wonder (Blowin' in the Wind), Lou Reed (Fool of Pride), Tracy Chapman (The Times They Are a Changin'), Johnny Cash (It Ain't Me Babe), Kris Kristofferson (I'll Be Your Baby Tonight), Richie Havens (Just Like a Woman), When the Ship Comes In (The Clancy Brothers), Eric Clapton (Don't Think Twice, It's All Right), Neil Young (Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, All Along the Watertower), The O'Jays (Emotionally Yours), George Harrison (Absolutely Sweet Marie), The Band (When I Paint My Masterpiece), Tom Petty (License to Kill, Rainy Day Woman, Mr. Tambourine Man) and then Dylan performs on It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), My Back Pages, Knockin' on Heaven's Door and Girl from the North Country.

If you're a fan of any of these artists then you'll be thrilled to have such strong performances. Often times these tributes get famous people who just aren't comfortable with the songs they're performing but that's not the case here. The entire concert has an atmosphere where you know a legend is being paid tribute to and everyone knows all the legends in the building so everyone brings their A game. This concert also features the now infamous moment of Sinead O'Connor being booed off the stage, which is too bad because her rehearsal version of "I Believe in You" is among the best tracks out there.

One of the greatest concert films

Author: grantss from Sydney, Australia
19 December 2015

One of the greatest concert films.

16 October 1992, Madison Square Garden, New York. A concert to celebrate Bob Dylan's 30 years in the music industry. The list of performers, all performing Dylan songs, is amazing: Dylan himself, JOhn Cougar Mallencamp, Kris Kristofferson (who was also MC), Stevie Wonder, Lou Reed, Eddie Vedder & Mike McCready from Pearl Jam, Tracy Chapman, Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash, Willie Nelson, Johnny Winter, Ron Wood, Richie Havens, Neil Young, Chrissie Hynde, Eric Clapton, The Band, George Harrison, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Roger McGuinn. Supported by Booker T and the MGs.

Great versions of great songs, sung by phenomenal artists.

Brilliant.

Something missing

Author: Esteban Couceiro from Argentina
7 December 2011

I listened to the double CD many many times. Recently I got the video-documentary and I got really disappointed because I couldn't see the performance of Ronnie Wood, Neil Young, George Harrison or Eric Clapton. A shame, because that would make this documentary just epic. I really enjoyed the performance of Jhonny Winter, Johnny Cash, Lou Reed, Willie Nelson, Chrissie Hynde, Roger McGuinn or Eddie Vedder. And the end it's very emotive with all the musicians together, playing with Bob and so... There's just those missing parts that makes this tribute so special, so I am waiting for the full version. I want to see Ron Wood playing "Seven days", Neil young playing "All along the watchtower", Eric Clapton playing "Don't think twice it's alright" and so. Time will straight this up.