IMDb > Blade II (2002) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Blade II (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Awesome!

Author: Nick Dets from US
18 August 2004

Loving the film, I picked this one up used for $17 and a return policy, knowing that all movie video games suck (minus a few rare exceptions, recently the "Spider-Man" games and classicly, the NES "Batman" and "Star Wars" games.

I love this game. Sure no actors from the film lended their voices and the story doesn't follow the movie very closely, but the levels show that the developers took an original approach to the conventional action game. The personalized inventory and weapon choice is great, allowing you to use strategy in how you are going to fight your way through a level. And boy are the weapons fun...there's the throwing glaive, shotgun, handgun, and when your power gets high enough- the trademark sword. The structure of it is cool, too, as the levels are supported as a system of towers you have to get through.

I know many would whine, but please don't tell me the controls are off. On PS2, all fighting is done on the right analog stick, a technique I had never seen before in a game. I hated it at first, but after playing it for a few days, I wouldn't have had it any other way. It allows you to expand your fighting range, and battle enemies from all directions simultaneously.

The graphics are great as well. The great camera and character maneuvers take you through detailed interactive environments in many buildings including the "house of pain" club of the movie. Its too bad a great movie game like this had to go under-appreciated. The gamemakers took a risk and made a succesfully great, offbeat game. Buy this game!

This owns the PS1 game!

Author: fullenw from United States
15 June 2006

In Blade II for PS2 the plot doesn't follow the movies too well but its still enjoyable.

The Good:The fight system is very easy, all you do is use the analog stick. Pretty much every weapon from the movie is one here, although some are more useful than others. Whistler appears throughout the game but only accompanies you on 2 levels. Sadly he doesn't help kill anything, he pretty much just sets some bombs.

The Bad:At times a large number of enemies. However thats where the UV grenade comes in handy.

The Weapons include a pistol, shotgun, UV grenade, brass knuckles and a glaive. Blades sword is effective but can only be used in rage mode. However there is a code where you can use it anytime, so thats up to you.

If you're a Blade fan I highly suggest this game because Blade didn't have out too many games and the one for PS1 lacks so much compared to this one.