IMDb > "Everwood" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Everwood"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Everwood" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 11: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Slayerfaith007-you have got it so very very wrong!

Author: Eoin from Ireland
29 July 2003

Slayerfaith says that this show is like 7th heaven and is unmoving. this is the 1st time i have actually watched a family show like this.and it is a very good one.you can really relate to alot of the characters in it and the stories told are great.it is much better than 7th heaven(which is terrible,it is so unrealistic in its own perfect world,the world is not like that).anyway everwood is a great show and ill continue to watch it.

The Best Show On Television Right Now-If you miss "Once and Again"...

Author: luke-31 from Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
17 June 2003

After the untimely demise of my precious "Once and Again", I was hoping to find another show that could capture those intricate, complex human relationships with the same sense of maturity and honesty that "Once and Again" did. When I finally discovered "Everwood" about midseason, I knew I had found that show.

"Everwood" is a brilliantly written show filled with wonderful performances from a capable ensemble cast. Treat Williams has the role of a lifetime as Dr. Andrew Brown and the teenage cast-Gregory Smith, Emily Vancamp, Chris Pratt, and Mike Erwin are natural talents just like "Once"'s Shane West, Julia Whelan, and Evan Rachel Wood. The storylines are intriguing and the writing is filled with real emotion. Despite what others may say, the show is not sappy.If you want sappy,watch "7th Heaven".If you want a drama with beautiful writing and acting and the best ensemble on television, watch "Everwood".

Best ensemble on television today

Author: pjmason from Texas
11 June 2003

This show has one of the best, if not the best, ensembles around. The actors have well developed characters that continue to evolve through real-life situations. The writers have done a wonderful job of exploring human emotion without taking the audience to the edge of reality with outrageous plots. Parents die, people relocate, and children struggle with both as they struggle with just growing up. Treat Williams and Tom Amandes have a very good love/hate, disagree but respect type of relationship that mirrors reality. They can realistically compete and collaborate in the same episode. The children suffer through obvious difficulties, but manage to do it without the overacting like the rest of the WB (and the other networks') shows. Edna can come on strong and still be likeable. On issues, it's refreshing to see balanced perspectives presented. More than one viewpoint can be seen and the characters can see the struggles their "issue opposite" is enduring with empathy (as with abortion and marijuana). These people actually seem to care about each other in the way that small town people used to. It's thought provoking and really draws the viewer into the community in a way other TV shows don't even attempt. These actors (all ages) are pros who seem to take pride in their work. My compliments to them all. Four stars (out of four).

One of my two favorite shows!!!

Author: Bsbgirl7 from New York
7 June 2003

I love EVERWOOD!!! This is a show that really portratys how many teens view their parents, (elders). The cast it perfectly chosen. From Gregory Smith as Ephram to Chris Pratt as Bright. No matter how small the part, the person is just right for the job! This is one of my 2 favorite shows.

A Wonderful Fairy Tale

Author: ijrichter from Mexico
7 June 2003

This is one of my favorite dramas on T.V. It's both touching and heart-breaking. Even though it is a drama, and it deals with a lot of very serious subject matters, it has some elements of a fairy tale. Everwood is kind of a fairy tale land, where there are two kings, a prince and a princess, a giant, a little elf, and even a wise wizard. I got all this from the Thanksgiving episode. In fact, I think what makes this look like a fairy tale is the opening and closing narrations. I love those. They tell us the magic of finding your heart, the wonder of home, the magic of snow, and a bunch of other things that make this show feel very magical, like a fairy tale. I'm a writer myself, so it's natural for me to feel this way. The acting is wonderful. Treat Williams is wonderful in the part of Andy Brown. Gregory Smith finally found a role where he can prove his acting skills, which are quite a pleasant surprise. After her debut in A Beautiful Mind, Vivien Cardone shows the innocent and "can't help but fall in love with" side of the show as Delia Brown. The Abbotts are also all great. I especially like Dr. Harold Abbott. He gives a little comedic side to the show. Edna and Irv are both very pleasant characters and funny characters. If you like magic, and fairy tales, and a good drama, you can't let this show go. You will not regret it. 10/10

Another good show for The Frog

Author: Profrplum
17 May 2003

The WB had better watch out, or people might start mistaking it for something serious.

"Everwood" joins "Gilmore Girls" as a series with a point, excellent acting (it's good to see Treat Williams finally just maybe hitting his stride after all these years since "Hair"), and outstanding writing. Gregory Smith does a fine job as well, not to mention the surprisingly strong performances from the supporting characters who uniformly make us believe that maybe for all of us somewhere there might be, and we wish there would be, an Everwood. Particularly noteworthy in this regard are young Vivien Cardone as Treat's young daughter, and Tom Amades, Treat's point-counterpoint guy, conservative and opposed to any sort of change, but with a spirit that nonetheless opens his mind from time to time without any touch of cliche in scenes that could be triteness walking in the hands of other actors.

Between "Everwood" and GG, The Frog blesses us with two of the best-written, best-acted, most lively and meaningful shows on television today. There's a long-term story arc to both of those shows, so when you try them (not "if") give them four or five episodes. And *do* try them. (While you're at it, give a glance or three at "Reba," which is turning out to be another surprise, although closer to pure comedy than either "Everwood" or "Gilmore Girls.")

I still can't believe this show is on the WB. Why? Cause it's actually good.

Author: snowball_236 from Kaneohe, HI
28 March 2003

Yes. Imagine my surprise one winter night when I watched a show on the WB and actually enjoyed it. I couldn't believe a network that put out garbage like the Jamie Kennedy Experiment and Smallville put something not only worth watching but worth watching loyally. That show was Everwood. The characters are good, the actors are actually talented, and the writing is excellent. It gives you a good dose of drama which all of us need from time to time, ecspecially if you are like me and only watch sitcoms. Very few hour long shows have caught my loyalty. The only other 60 minute shows I find watchable is Boston Public and John Doe. The only thing I don't like this show is it's timeslot- 8:00 on Monday, the same time as Still Standing and wrestling. I know that I can watch the repeat on EasyView but it just isn't the same.

Anyway, this show is great and I will be watching it loyally until the end.

it's a great show

Author: snowboardbabe26 from The Netherlands
23 March 2003

I have seen every episode of Everwood, and I must say it is a great show. the storylines are good, you can identify yourself with them. the cast is not only goodlooking, but they can act too. they make you believe you're in it yourself, it is just like they are talking to you. I must say that is very unique for me, no other serie is as good as this one. it's a great show.

Let me count the ways...

Author: calloused_viewer from San Francisco, CA
12 March 2003

Somehow, I got sucked in by the previews for Everwood. It looked like a real show. With people living life, with real problems, in a place other than New York City or even San Francisco where waitress have HUGE apartments. YEAH, RIGHT.

I concede that the show is exceedingly sappy. The dialogue sometimes feels straight out of a Hallmark card (the kind with pastel flowers on the front and embossed with gold). I actually feel uncomfortable during some of the dribble. Ok, so maybe I can't count the ways that I love Everwood, BUT I watch it because it is a "feel good" show. I watch it because it is touching, because it is about sorta real people. A lot more real than those automatons on American Idol, clamoring for fame, money, and the approval of someone ANYONE, PLEASE LOVE ME.

Sorry, I was channeling one of the contestants on Joe Millionaire. And that's another reason why I watch this show: because it is not reality TV, but (almost) real TV.

A good-natured show that happens to be the only one I like on the WB

Author: Bullet-Tooth-Timmy from A place for my head...
24 February 2003

As opposed to all that other teen-angst programs the WB hows on their

evening lineups, EVERWOOD manages to shine without wearing the angst on its sleeves. Sure, the father-son conflict that Andrew Brown has with his son Ephram does sound like the usual tension that most adolescent-based dramas have (DAWSON'S CREEK should come to mind). But EVERWOOD doesn't go down that same path. It doesn't try to circulate around sex or drugs or what-not (or lack thereof. Viewers who DO try to look for those features should just stick to DAWSON). Instead, EVERWOOD tries to go for a more innocent, down-to-earth approach,

subtle without being too squeaky clean (7TH HEAVEN ring a bell?). Treat Williams plays Andrew Brown, acting with an average Joe attitude and the good man persona contained in it.

Page 7 of 11: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]