IMDb > "Everwood" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Everwood"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Everwood" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Great Show!

Author: Renee from United States
29 May 2006

Everwood is a great show for many reasons. First off, the actors play their character well. If it wasn't for the actors the show wouldn't still be airing. Also, the show deals with real issues, things that happen in real life. Issues regarding dating, breaking up, depression, suicide, etc. There aren't many shows now that talk about this stuff. It's too sensitive to viewers or something. People need to be watching shows like this. We can learn from shows like this. Just as the show is getting better I hear with the merge of WB and some other station, Everwood will not be picked up. I hope this is not so. Because this show is the way it is this is one show they need to keep airing.

Please don't cancel this show!

Author: pvtigresa83 from United States
22 May 2006

I have watched this show since day one and have found it to be a very intelligent and fun show! I am now 38 and still love it and would be sad to see it go in favor of another show that should have been retired about three years ago. At least the drama on this show is realistic! The tension between Ephraim and Andy, Nina and Andy, Brite and Hannah, just awesome with being contrived. (The other show makes up highly improbable excuses why key characters are not around for important events because their portrayers saw that the show was running on empty but still not as offensive or stupid as anything else on Monday night at 8:00pm) Save EVERWOOD!

Author: bsilly from Calgary, Canada
27 April 2004

In a time when many families are concerned about the content of television programming during primetime viewing hours, "Everwood" offers week after week of wholesome, relevant stories of interest to all ages. The program focuses on multi-faceted family and societal issues that are a part of today's headlines. Each issue is handled tastefully and no character's position is ever trivialized. Contemporary as well as timeless issues such as AIDS, interracial marriage, adult and teenaged romance, teen sex, death, drug use, parenting, and just plain everyday life are presented in well-written episodes set in the fictional Colorado town of Everwood and revolving around two families, the Browns and the Abbotts.

Now ending its second season on the WB, "Everwood" is an oasis of refreshing storytelling in the often-arid region of network television. There is no need to worry about language or innuendo on this series. All episodes end with something for the viewer to ponder.

Regularly broadcast on Monday evenings, `Everwood' can also be seen in encore presentations on the WB on Sunday nights. If you haven't seen this drama series yet, make a point of checking it out soon and let the WB know how much you appreciate this type of program!

Today, The first season has finished in Spain.

Author: elisiya from Toledo, Spain
6 April 2004

It´s a great series. It´s a hopeful view of the life, full of very necessary values. It shows us a very different way of American life with love, peace, feelings and without violence and murders. The characters are real people and that is not very common in the American productions that arrive to Europe every year. I think these kinds of series get better the opinion about USA. I don´t know if the second season is watching on American TV. I supposed that Spanish fans will have to expect a long of time. In Spain, we enjoy with several interesting American tv series like Gilmore Girls, C.S.I (Las Vegas and Miami), the West Wing, six feet under. Last one is my favorite series, it has a great cast and scripts.

Its a show that grows on you.

Author: bella-1 from Toronto, Canada
4 November 2002

I've watched the show now since it first piloted. At first, I thought the story moved too slowly and found several of the characters difficult to warm up to. Dr. Brown was just too "broken" in the first couple of episodes. His sadness was too much to bear and the conversations with his dead wife -- too out there. Also the character of Ephram Brown, his broody teenage son, was barely likeable.

But since then, the show has vastly improved. Firstly, they dropped the talking to the dead wife bits, thankfully. Dr. Brown is more secure in his role. I have a crush on Ephram (although I'm old enough to be his mother). Ephram is sweet, thoughtful, creative, intelligent -- a wonderful boy I wish I could have met as a teenager. (And of course, the actor is a hometown boy coming from Toronto Canada as I do...) And the entire story line with Colin and Amy has finally begun to fill in. We even got to finally "see" comatose Colin in flashbacks.

Its a soap opera for sure. It isn't sappy or treacly like "Touched by an Angel" or other such morality stories. These are just people touched by extraordinary events. And they are played in a real and intelligent manner. I think I'll hang in for a bit longer to see how it all turns out...

Oh Boy

Author: cheshirekat003
12 October 2002

I would like to start off by saying that I have loved Gregory Smith ever since I saw "Harriet the Spy" 7 years ago. On that note, it really makes me mad how the WB is pulling it off like they discovered him! Anyone else notice the "And introducing Gegory Smith" commercials? Oh yeah. It's not like he is even being introduced to network TV (i.e. last year's now defunct "Kate Brasher") so give the kid some credit. He has been in movies with people like Richard Dreyfuss, Mel Gibson and Colin Farrell, so I would hardly call "Everwood" an introduction. The next thing I would like to rant about is the fact that his chracter, Ephram (which, by the way, is a really stupid name) is supposed to 15. Come on now, Gregory Smith is nearly 20! Ok, now that I am done venting, I would like to begin my actual comments about the show. I think its great! Its one of those sappy but you gotta love it shows, like "7th Heaven." The plot is fun, the characters are fun, its just fun all around. Oh, also I would like to say that the girl that Ephram is supposed to like is played by a girl who is barely 16. Ew. But, the guy who plays her brother, Chris Pratt, is very talented (not to mention hot), so watch out for him, too. So, everyone should watch "Everwood" featuring VETERAN actor Gregory Smith. Lovely.

I was so excited when I saw the commercial for this....

Author: Robyn04 from PA
17 September 2002

Finally a new drama that actually looked good.I watched it last night and I absolutely loved it!!It was sad but it was also really funny.I hope the show gets some praise it deserves and I'm praying it stays on for the full season.I can't wait to watch the new eposode next week.Some people compare it to 7th Heaven but I think it's much better and edgier.The young boy,Gregory Smith looks like he's got some really good talent.I hope he becomes the next young rising star.So I suggest everyone to watch Everwood.(PS Im 17 if it helps with my opinion)

Enjoyable

Author: Katwoman8439 from North Carolina
16 September 2002

I really liked this show. It's your typical family show, but I liked the characters, especially the daughter and the nurse. I think it's cute that the nurse is married to the bus driver. The show is sweet and enjoyable. I will definitely watch future episodes.

It has potential, definately worth a second look

Author: susan warrender from Calgary, Canada
16 September 2002

With the disaster of "Good Advice" I was hoping for the best but expected the worst. Treat has always been good at dramatic film but has suffered from ill written comedies. Everwood is the right mix of drama and humor giving Treat the ability to show his talent. Treat seems comfortable in the role and has the benefit of some fine supporting players. Both Gregory Smith and Vivien Cardone were strong in their performances but the writing is perhaps what astonished me the most. If you are lucky you have three or four strong characters and yet I find myself wondering about the rest of the cast. They all seem to have well developed, well defined characters,except for the over simplified caricature of the other town doctor. In Canada it appears the show will move from it's premiere position on Monday night to Saturday night which I feel is the graveyard of many well intentioned shows. Having survived filming in Canmore's worst Spring on record we do understand that -25C temperatures are not ideal for outdoor shooting. Having said that perhaps the shooting for the balance of the series will remain pretty much indoors so we won't miss the beautiful mountains that were only in the pilot episode. I hope to watch the continuing adventures of the Brown family and wonder if the Network is brave enough to consider an affair between the doctor and his married neighbor. It's time to show the reality of loneliness on a married woman.

A great series!

Author: BRi7X from PA, USA
16 September 2002

Only 34 minutes in to the series premiere and I already love this show. A wonderful widescreen television series, and the first on the WB to be available in High Definition. The narrator explains what is going on. This is a great series.

Page 4 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]