IMDb > "Everwood" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Everwood"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Everwood" More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 11: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

The Everwood Drinking Game

Author: paul_pooty from United States
5 September 2004

Take 1 sip every time:

1. Treat Williams says "I think we need to talk about this." 2. Ephram sulks or whines. 3. Delia says something that is supposed to present her as "wise beyond her years" but stumbles over her lines. 4. Social issues such as teen sex, abortion, drugs, AIDS, medical marijuana, and euthanasia are lumped in to one inconsistent hodgepodge. 5. Amy looks sexy but irritated. 6. Dr. Abbott preaches conservative family values then ends up doing stuff that we would expect the liberal Andy Brown to (terminate a pregnancy, give joints to an infirmed older man). 7. Bright alternates between complete idiocy and near brilliance. 8. A long-term guest star (such as Madison or Marcia Cross) has to leave the show because of derisive fan mail. Take 2 sips whenever: 1. Sue Ellen Mishky appears in a flashback 2. Amy's virginity is openly discussed.

Don't mean to sound negative, just had to balance out the glowing reviews here. Everwood conforms to the standard cookie cutter of WB network hour long shows: feature a cheesy fictitious location as the title (Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Summerland), have plenty of teens spouting paragraphs of obscure dialogue in one breath, insert sexual and substance abuse references whenever possible, and throw about the occasional serious tragedy or death episode, counterbalanced by syrupy joyous moments.

I preferred it when Treat was dancing on tables in Hair.

Annoying FAKE Teen Melodrama

Author: SlayerFaith007
19 July 2003

Everwood tells the story of Ephram whose mother died and now he has to life with his dad--a doctor. For some reason the audience is supposed to feel sorry for this teenager who plays the piano, and has a lot of money--it must be so hard being a straight, white, slender, goodlooking, upperclass teenager (and you know he will attend an Ivy league school).

This is one of those made for teen dramas that seems to think that only rich heterosexual white teens are watching tv because all those other teens are too poor to own a tv or theyre out doing whatever "those people" do. Like 7th Heaven (a warped show itself), Everwood doesnt really seem to know squat about real teenagers and assumes (like Dawsons Creek) that teens are intellectually brilliant, gifted, mature adults trapped in young bodies--by the way any parent who give their kid stupid name like Ephram should be slapped in the face repeatedly. Apparently since My So Called Life failed to grab ratings and unrealistic garbage like this scores with viewer you can safely bet this wont be the last fake, annoying teen melodrama to pop up on the WB and other such networks. Its too bad no one seems to realize that there are millions of teenagers whose lives are not reflected in the media at all, but then why would poor teens or gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered teens find themselves on network television...................................

Better than I expected....

Author: Stephen Herron from Syracuse, New York
17 September 2002

This show was better than I thought that it would be. I certainly wasn't anything great, especially from the WB but I would say that "Everwood" was a solid attempt at a show about the relationship between a widower and his two children.

I especially liked Treat Williams' performance as Dr. Edward Brown the brain surgeon who leaves behind world-wide fame to live in a small town in Colorado called Everwood. A place that his son Ephram (played by Gregory Smith, that kid from the Patriot and Small Soldiers who actually surprised me a with a decent performance) does not want to go to.

The first episode was a typical sort of "seeing the new town" sort of pilot episode. It was fairly well done though I did not like Debra Mooney who played the biker-chick/nurse hybrid. I think that she once played a judge on one of the courtroom dramas, probably The Practice, and I could not really look past that.

All in all I would say that I liked this show but I don't think that it has the cast to stick around much past the first season, if that.

NEVERwood I watch it again!!

Author: anxietyresister from United Kingdom
8 December 2005

UGH! How can people watch this rubbish? Just started on ITV1 in the UK, 'Our New Life In Everwood' is an extremely underwhelming soap opera, obviously aimed squarely at housewives who have too much time on their hands. The plot is about a man who moves to a small mountain community with his family from the big city, but they may as well have relocated to Hell as far as I'm concerned. With some of the most trite dialogue I've ever heard, the programme is as painful to listen to as it is to watch. The cardboard characters are direct copies of other people in similarly bad dramas, and every scene is accompanied the kind of gentle elevator music that will have you tearing your hair out. Doesn't it occur to these actors that they look like idiots with the kind of things they have to say and do on screen? Sure, they have to feed their families.. but at what price their dignity? It's like taking the worse parts of Knots Landing, Falcon Crest and Melrose Place (Yes, my mum did watch all of those. May God have mercy on her soul) putting them in a blender, and smearing the results all over the camera. Not a pretty sight. I personally, would rather spend an hour of my time staring at a TV with static than risk accidentally flicking it onto two seconds of this bilge while channel surfing.. which would be enough to make me violently sick. So how about it, ITV? 0/10

Page 11 of 11: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]