IMDb > Cazuza: Time Doesn't Stop (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Cazuza: Time Doesn't Stop More at IMDbPro »Cazuza: O Tempo Não Pára (original title)

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Unsatisfying

Author: Analuisa8 from Martinopolis, Brazil
15 November 2004

I'm 15 years old and I'm a huge fan of Cazuza, even though I didn't live his glorious years as a singer (he died in 1990, I was born in 1989).

I must say this movie disappointed me in every single way. The acting didn't convince, especially Marieta Severo, who played Cazuza's mother. Daniel de Oliveira(played the leading role)wasn't that good either.If you are Brazilian and want to know more about Cazuza's work, you should try to find his albums and listen to them, instead of watching this. Reginaldo Faria plays João Araújo, Cazuza's father. He seems to be dislocated and should have had a greater space in the movie. Also, we don't understand why Cazuza wants to change the world. He must have had one reason, but it is not explained properly in this movie.

As a huge Cazuza's fan, I only have one advice: Ignore this movie and try to listen to albums like Só se For a Dois, Exagerado and Ideologia. You will know him a lot more than watching this biography.

cliché, cliché, cliché...

Author: Maurizio Von Trapp (maurivontrapp@yahoo.it) from United Kingdom
26 May 2006

This film cannot be seen as a good piece of film as it is. Out of context, it has no special meaning besides the point it constantly tries to make of the clichés we have heard over and over again. That is, gay men taking drugs, having sex with everyone they see and being self-destructive. As it usually happens with Brazilian cinema, this movie doesn't try to break away from the national social basis and only repeats all the beliefs the citizens and foreigners have of the country and its own people. A very sad thing to do, a very bad message to pass. I watched this film remembering my mother telling me how horrible it is when people start smoking joints and end up dying of aids for sharing needles and being promiscuous. That's what everyone goes around saying in Brazil, in sensationalist terms, and this is how this film is presented. It is a true pity that such a good composer and singer had to be pictured in such horrible colours. And worst still that Brazil hasn't learnt how to do something new that will challenge the people to expand their way of thinking into new areas.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]