- "VFR on top" means she is flying in the regime of Visual Flight Rules 'on top' of a cloud cover.
- She requests "vectors to the initial", directions how to get to the initial landing approach.
- "Angels 10" is her altitude call, ten thousand feet. This is a military term. Civilian flights use the term "flight level".
- "Track east" is her direction of travel.
- "Buddy spike(d)" is a US military brevity code meaning "friendly anti-aircraft radar has locked on to me, (please don't shoot)".
- "Transmitting in the Blind Guard" is a call on the emergency frequency where 2-way communication has not been established.
- "Abort" is also a military brevity code, a directive meaning "stop the action/mission/attack".