IMDb > "V Graham Norton" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"V Graham Norton" More at IMDbPro »

Graham Norton, 5 nights a week - brilliant stuff!

Author: Barnaby Marriott (barnabymarriott@yahoo.com) from Brighton, East Sussex, England
18 June 2002

I love Graham Norton's new show, V Graham Norton, going out 5 days a week - I am a huge fan, and although these half hour shows aren't QUITE as brilliant as the hour long Friday night So Graham Norton, they are still incredibly addictive!

I went and saw V Graham Norton being filmed on 10 June 2002, with my friend/work colleague Federika. The audience had to bring along embarrassing holiday photographs! I took along a sweet but humiliating photo of myself aged 12 (but looking MUCH younger!) in Cornwall, dressed as a pixie!

I didn't think the picture was shocking or hysterical enough to get a mention, but it did - and the audience liked it the most out of all the photos Graham selected, so I won the grand prize! My heart was pounding when Graham said, "Barnaby's our winner! Come up here, Barnaby!" and I had to go up onstage and meet one of my favourite people of all time, and be given a FREE HOLIDAY TO ICELAND!

So, I guess I am biased about how much I love the show! It's a shame it can't be at least 60 minutes long, it sometimes feels rushed at just half an hour in running time. The guests are generally brilliant - I think Jennifer Tilly was really funny, and Alex Kingston did a good send up of her doctor role in TV's ER! Daryl Hannah seemed very nervous, but relaxed and became more amused as the show went on.

The audience participation is still as funny as ever, one of the most amusing anecdotes being from a guy who had to break up with a woman because he had an allergic reaction to her!

V Graham Norton may be for truly dedicated, utterly devoted Graham Norton fans only... and that is what I am!

addictive

Author: Dena (Islandtropix) from Alabama, United States
6 July 2003

After reading the previous comment about So Graham Norton, I was shocked. Graham Norton a "humorless man"? He is anything but. While this show might not be exactly suited for all Americans, those who love it quickly becoming addicted. Norton specializes in crude/funny websites and calling up crude/funny people. Also on hand are glamorous guests such as Sophia Loren, Pam Anderson, Rupert Everett and Andie MacDowell, just to name a few. As much as I hate to admit it, this show has just beaten out The Daily Show for my affections during the 10 p.m. timeslot. It takes a lot to beat Jon Stewart and Graham Norton has done it in my eyes.

Distinctly Graham Norton

Author: davideo-2 from United Kingdom
22 February 2003

STAR RATING:*****Unmissable****Very Good***Okay**You Could Go Out For A Meal Instead*Avoid At All Costs

The opening sequence to the show is played out to a ton of subliminal gay imagery,with men and women in bondage gear and other homosexual attire,showing Norton's apparent pride in his homosexuality and the lifestyle that goes with it.After the audience have clapped their opening welcomes,the host emerges to welcome them and to put his funny spin on the days events in the papers and on the news,which are,more often than not,riotously funny.But it is not rounded off there.Imitating a certain person or character,Norton than tells another (though more limited) round of jokes,before introducing his special guest for the night,and then subjecting them to a round of embarrassing,though again hilarious,sexual inneuendo and smut.He also involves the audience,especially as the show draws to a close.It's great that all this can be crammed into just 35 minutes,and it's evenly spaced out from Monday to Friday.There are those who may have initially considered this a risky gamble,understandably worried it may become too much of a good thing.But instead,Norton has crafted a successful format,that brings a sparkle of joy after a stressful working day and instead becomes something you really get to look forward to.This is VERY Graham Norton indeed-and all the better for it.****

Origional, Hillarious, Brilliant!

Author: mad_4_movies from London, England
8 December 2003

When I first saw watched this I expected it to be another boring late night chat show, but oh boy was I wrong! This show is hillarious! The atmosphere from the audience is great, the comedy sketches are hillarious and the celebrity guests look as if they're enjoying themselves too. I have watched every Friday night episode for the last two years(Sometimes Wednesdays too). My favourite episodes included the one with Joan Collins who obviously didn't have a clue what was going on or who the hell Graham Norton was! But in the end of that episode she loosened up and made the show the same hillarious show it always ends up to be! I also enjoyed the Halloween episode with Orlando Bloom. He was familiar with the shows format since that was his third time on the show. This show is brilliant and is like no other chat show. Watch it!

internet fun - jokes, comedy and games

Author: ashleybox64 from england
28 November 2003

**spoiler warning**

this show is the best celebrity show on uk tv (late night) - it has top celebrity films stars - SHANNEN DOHERTY etc etc. i find so funny to watch on channel 4 - with lots of jokes about current news - 9/10 - pure comedy at its best.

Crude, Rude and absoloutly hilarious

Author: Princess_Bishy from Herts, England
15 November 2003

I guess it depends on you sense of humor to whether Graham Norton is your kind of guy or not. If you like crude, rude, daring humor with tons of sexual inudendos, brilliant guests and Bette the most hillarious and brilliant sidekick/regular guest then this is the program for you. on the other hand if you want boring tired humor and jokes that have nothing all that shocking about them and that are quiet frankly family viewing dont even think about switching on to see Graham Norton. I personally think his one of the best comedians about and it doesn't matter what he says you cant help but love him...and even if he annoys you a bit you always have bette who is like your dream granny. Graham never fails with his brilliant guests or the best news round up of the day. The shows fun vibrant and totaly hillarious just not something for the innocent ;)

graham come do a show in toronto!!!

Author: royal_playa
9 March 2003

gosh I was reading another post under "So Graham Norton" and I was going to post there because that's what the show is labelled as on BBC American but it's really supposed to be "V Graham Norton" since it is a 30 min showing with an older repeat following right after...unless "So GN" is filmed as two half hour shows??? not sure but I never miss an episode anymore I have them set to record on my ultimatetv...anyways my point is I wish they would show the friday full hour showing also because as the previous user commented the half hour is just not enough he's just so funny and gets his guests and audience to relax so well making the whole show even funnier...not to downplay jay leno or conan o'brien or even dave letterman because I watch them too but graham's show is just so much more funnier and provocative...keep it up graham and pass by toronto, ontario sometime would love to see you do a show here!!

Best.Talk.Show.Ever

Author: Jen Blyler from Williamstown, Pennsylvania
5 December 2002

Just wanted to bring the Graham!Love from the other side of the Atlantic. I recently got BBCAmerica and Graham Norton is my favorite show on the channel. I wish more American talk shows could be like this. Just a half hour of Graham is funnier than a full hour of Leno or Letterman. Graham rocks!

Absolutely Brilliant!

Author: ben_dover2002uk2000 from London, England
27 July 2002

I strongly disagree with Devyalento Latchford Deschanel opinion of the V Graham Norton show. It is every bit as great as So Graham Norton. If not better. You have the same Graham but five times a week. It's like heaven.

Anyone who saw the recent Penis Piano Playing Man will agree that there is never a dull moment on the show!!!!!!!! There is absolutely no possibility of getting tired of Graham. In fact it is what I look forward to every night and me and my friends can never stop laughing about it. Graham is warm and you can't help liking him.

He is funny but also very polite. The guest seem to swear more on this show and they seem to be very relaxed but maybe that is the atmosphere that Graham gives off. The phone calls seem more funny and the sites are really funny. He also has a brilliant new website. The So Graham Norton website was good but the V Graham Norton website is even better. It has the guests that will be on the shows for every night of the week. It also has great games and wallpaper. Mini G is adorable and funny and I strongly recommend downloading him. But don't just listen to what I and Devyalento Latchford Deschanel say check it for yourselves. Don't go by our opinions make your own.

Bored Yet?

Author: tobiinit from England
14 August 2003

When he first started he was witty, original and hilarious. He seems to have run out of penis jokes. You can hear the jokes before he says them since he went 5 nights a week. V V V Predictable. Also, i have never seen a chat host so far up his guests bums as him, he praises and praises( unconvinsingly) and then the next week makes a scripted joke about them. Even his script writers have ran out of jokes, now it is just Michael Douglas being old. A sad milking of what was once quite a funny guy. RIP Graham, You will never be the same.