IMDb > Spear of Destiny (1992) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Spear of Destiny (VG) More at IMDbPro »

No different than the original

Author: Quackle from London, England
23 February 2003

I loved Wolfenstein 3D, and when Spear of Destiny came out a few months later, I rushed to the shop (unlike Wolfenstein 3D, this was commercial), and I bought it thinking "what miracles will I see in this game?". Unfortunately, the answer was "none". The game used exactly the same engine as Wolfenstein 3D. You could call it an add on, as it merely had different levels. However, it was just as addictive as the original, and I recommend the demo AT LEAST if you want to show your addiction towards the classic Wolfenstein 3D.

Spear of Destiny rocks

Author: Rex Dutch from United States
20 October 2005

After playing wolfenstein Spear of Destiny I became fascinated with the subject. Recently read and highly recommend "secrets of the holy lance". There is speculation that Hitler actually built secret bases in Antarctica and that the "helige lanze" was brought there after WW II!

I wish there was more in the gaming world along the lines of this genre. A lot of credit should be given to the castle wolfenstein series, for bringing the first person shooter games along. This game brought back the old memories of endless hours of my c64. i think that wolfenstein 3d was packaged with a joy stick I bought "back in the day".

PROS: excellent subject matter. exaggerated nazi vocals are classic "ACHTUNG!" challenging play

CONS The graffix are a bit out dated compared to todays stuff.