IMDb > Instant Happiness (2001) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Instant Happiness (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Classic

Author: bongo-36 from Norway
10 July 2006

In Norway the issue of drugs and drugs abuse is a highly sensitive one and the rave scene is under constant pressure from the police. Party organizers as well as party goers are routinely harassed and arrested. Drug use and/or sale is punished with severe sentences and naturally the drug scene is highly clandestine.

I saw "Lykkejegerne" on Norwegian television and was impressed by the "in your face" attitude, never before seen on telly. Hilarious, yet serious.. a series of snapshots of the Norwegian underground rave culture. In the film we meet five youngsters who are part of the scene in Stavanger. A DJ who organizes parties, a sales manager who lives for the weekends,a construction worker who spends all his free time making music and partying, an unemployed drugged out kid and a female secondary school teacher! There are some absolutely classic scenes and great music throughout. The film is a must for anyone interested in this subject. I taped half of it.. anyone know where to get the DVD??