IMDb > "The Mr. Potato Head Show" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Mr. Potato Head Show" More at IMDbPro »

My review of the made for video movie.

Author: Tommy Nelson from Long Beach, California
29 August 2006

I'm sorry but you would have to have ADD to actually find this really good. The plot is that everybody's favorite spud Mr. Potato Head's television show has been canceled and all of the weird characters go off in their separate ways. The movie only runs at 69 minutes long, only 40 of it has any plot at all. I'll start with the positives. The puppets all are very professionally made and they all look really disturbing and great. The character of Potato Bug is a very cute character and they use her well. Their is a weird 10 minute song break in the film, and that was actually my favorite part of the whole thing. The songs written for this were really great and catchy. Now the negative. The special effects were bad, the voice acting can get annoying and it makes little sense. However I recommend it for the great looking puppets.

Not rated, contains some innuendos and sexual references. 69 mins.

I remember this show pretty well.

Author: emasterslake from United States
21 December 2007

Everyone's favorite spud is now a puppet in his own puppet show. No relation with the Muppet Creature Shop or any Jim Henson Family brand name companies. Mr. Potatoe Head and several other off the wall characters are running their own show for 2 executive producers that approve Mr. Potatoe Head's script ideas and suggestions. throughout the whole series, Potatoe Head and his co-stars will either be having a crisis, a problem, or just a plainly weird situation that's too bazaar to be a problem.

I remember enjoying this show as a kid. Just cause the supporting characters were interesting and well thought out. When it was taken off the air, I found it surprising for an idea like this to go to waist. Years later I learn off the internet that it was because of it having low ratings and no one in the U.S. could see a puppet Potatoe Head to be profitable.

Come to think of it was made back in the late 90s, the "Fox Kids"/Pre-Fox Box/Pre-4Kids TV. Which was before the Fox Network canceled their whole weekday cartoon routine, and ending all the Saturday Morning Cartoons they use to show.

Sadly this live action show hasn't seen the light of day when it ended with only 13 episodes. With no large fan bases or decent number of fans, it'll never get the chance to get released on DVD what so ever.

Spud-Tastic!

Author: Kenni95 from United States
3 April 2009

The Mr. Potato Head Show is a great series!I have the movie & I love it!You see,my favorite toy was Mr. Potato Head when I was little & I always dreamed about someone making a show out of him,so when I saw this VHS tape in Fred's,I immediately had to have it!When I got home,I put it in,& laughed my way through!Mr. Potato Head is a bit crudely made,but his buds are so new that even I couldn't have thought them up!The last comment said that it had sexual references,but I didn't see it.And I definitively think that this movie is a family movie.The talented Debra Wilson & very talented James Murray are in it & they play good parts!And best of all,Mark Mothersbaugh does the music for it!He also does the music for the Crash Bandicoot trilogy from Naughty Dog for PlayStation.