IMDb > "She Spies" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"She Spies"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"She Spies" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Surprisingly Good

Author: askjason
27 October 2002

I watched a couple of episodes and I have to admit it is funny. What makes the show good is that they don't take themselves seriously and make jokes about their own show.

In one episode an evil Icelandic spy had captured the "She Spies" and was starting to upload US Govt secret code when one girl said, "Hey, didn't we have to stop some spy from uploading code last week (or maybe episode)?"

Anyway if you are up late one night and the show comes on do yourself a favor and watch.

A good series...

Author: icehole4 from Irving, TX
26 January 2003

While it's tempting to write this show off as a lame-o Charlie's Angles rip-off, you really shouldn't do that. She Spies is a variation on that theme that actually is better than the original. Three misfit women are pulled out of prison and forced to work for the FBI putting bad guys in jail. What makes this series much better than the original is: 1. The cast acts better, 2. The humor actually works, and 3. You can really sympathize with the women of She Spies more than you could the women of Charlie's Angels. About the only complaint I have about it is that being a syndicated show, it's on at a very inconvenient hour in most markets (many places show it around midnight on Saturday as of this writing.)

It's worth checking out.

Something fun and mindless to watch

Author: mozam from Cincinnati
5 January 2003

I know that a lot of people think that this is a show that was canceled by the network and is now in syndication, but that's not the case. Apparently, the plan all along was to debut on the network (and benefit from heavy network promotion--which it certainly received), and go on to be a syndicated program. Not a bad idea. I have to admit, it kind of got me hooked.

It's a fairly entertaining and somewhat goofy show. And, while it's not nearly as good, in my opinion, as V.I.P., it's cut from the same cloth. It's still campy, good fun. Sometimes the self-mockery, as with VIP is the biggest highlight. While VIP tended to mainly mock Valerie Irons (Pamela Anderson), this show tends to go outside the box and mock the actual show. One line from a recent show:

"We have She Spies action figures."

-"there are She Spies action figures?"

--"yeah, you wind 'em up and they dare you to find their time-slot."

Don't knock it until you try it. It may take a couple of tries, but the show is actually getting better and I think you'll be entertained. Just remember, it's not meant to be Shakespeare. It's meant to be fun.

Hot babes who kick butt and take names, can't hate that!

Author: Spider-Lou from Bristol, CT
25 January 2003

Natasha Henstridge, Kristen Miller and Natashia Williams star as three convicted criminals who now work for the government to exonerate themselves. At first, the show began with dozens of pop-ups, scrolls, and slates which were part of the story. They added a spritz of Mad Magazine to the mix, but they would have worn very thin over time so they were disposed of. Then there were loads of inside jokes and jabs, so many that you must keep an ear open. Then the show was revamped by season two and they got a different, deadly serious and enigmatic boss. The show became far less goofy, and more reliant on action and acting.

Without the pop-ups and other junk, the show relied solely on its lovely ladies' acting abilities. That's right, the three leads are a little more talented, and ultimately more enticing than TV's Charlie's Angels.

At first the writing was funny, intelligent, and verbose, kind of a mix of Charlie's Angels and Moonlighting. The ladies deserved a lot of credit and attention for performing so well.

I still liked "She Spies" when I could find it. NBC showed it first to attract an audience before it went syndicated, but they never sold it properly, sticking it in a Saturday night slot. Too bad, cuz it had the potential to be a huge hit. They even wrote into the show that even its time slot was uncertain.

V.I.P. Knock off

Author: xinli1 from Urbana, IL
20 July 2002

The title says it all. For all of you who has watched Alias on ABC and were expecting something similar, I am sorry to say that you will be greatly disappointed. This show very much follows in the foot steps of V.I.P. It takes a tongue and cheek look at the girl power/sexy female spies tv series. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. In fact, the show takes a jab at itself every few scenes. So, as long as you don't take it too seriously, it could be some what entertaining in a mindless sort of way.

What's wrong with light entertainment?

Author: mjarvis0 from United Kingdom
25 January 2008

She Spies is easy on the eyes and brains. It is light entertainment that should have been given a longer run. She spies is basically a lighter hearted Charlies Angels. I watch it every morning and find it very entertaining and good on the eyes. The stories have a beginning a middle and an end and all three women are extremely pretty. I think in the beginning it may have been too light hearted but then they brought in Cameron Daddo who does have a greater screen presence then the first head of the She Spies programme and anyway that man was a baddie in Firefly (boo hiss). I also compare She Spies to Cleopatra 2525 that also featured three female crime fighters though I must say that the She Spies are prettier. I for one would like to see two things firstly series two on DVD (all regions preferably) and two a movie spin off or better still a third series. To sum it up if I have an hour to kill I would like nothing better to have my eyes richly entertained by the beautiful She Spies!!

Very entertaining

Author: rscampb from USA
21 July 2002

This show is clearly a spoof of spy shows, more "Our Man Flint" or Matt Helm than James Bond. Three beautiful women acting as government agents, handling those "tough cases" that regular agents cannot. All the while poking fun at their show. With very little violence this si well worth watching.

Well, I think it's kind of cute.

Author: Surfer-23
23 February 2003

I suppose I could write an in-depth review, but instead I'll just say this: the writing is pretty funny, the show is fast-paced, and the ladies seem to be having a good time. Yes, they break the fourth wall a bit too often, but if you are able to just sit back and let yourself have fun with it, this show may be worth your while.

She Spies

Author: Kari from United States
4 February 2007

I never saw the first season of She Spies, but I caught most of the second season and really enjoyed it. I was really sorry when the show got cancelled. I don't think it ever got the credit it deserved. You could really tell the all the actors had a good time on the show. It was a fun light show to watch. There was always humor between the action to keep the show running smoothly. The only thing that I disliked about the show was some of the action scenes; they were too cheesy. I was sorry to have seen it get cancelled, I would've like to have seen a couple more seasons to watch the characters grow and progress, but no such luck :(

Charlie's Angels meets Ally McBeal?!?

Author: cinefilegod from Clinton Township, Michigan
20 July 2002

Are you tired of the mid-summer reruns? Well here's a mid-summer debut which begs for your attention! She Spies stars Natasha Henstridge from the Species films as Cassie, Kristen Miller as D.D.,and Natashia Williams as Shane. The trio are ex-cons given an opportunity to serve their country as spies. You might think this one's been done before, but some different ingredients have been thrown into this stew! The show is a definite take on McG's Charlie's Angels (with Carlos Jacott playing Jack- a version of Bosley in Angels' lore) but the quirkiness and the fast-paced writing style seem to reflect early Ally McBeal. Sexist comments and "cartoon reactions" run rampant in this show, which might remind many of us of the early days of Ally. In an effort to stay alive on the network, it cracks jokes and makes fun of itself, which could either be a self-defense mechanism or a clever new technique. The way I see it, I believe the show is very entertaining and should be given a chance for permanent network residency, despite the mid-summer debut.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]