IMDb > "Presidio Med" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Presidio Med" More at IMDbPro »

I love it!

Author: Alicia (maggielulu85) from Towson, MD
25 October 2002

I think that this show really puts a new spin on the world of doctors. I like to see a womens point of view. I think the chemistry between the characters is incredible and Sasha Alexander is wonderful in this role (she has come a long way since Dawson's Creek). I love Blythe Danner. If you like ER than you will definitely love this show. Overall, I do think that it could spend a little bit more time in the actual hospital rooms so you can really relate to patients and there families, but I also think that it is nice to see the interaction between doctors.

The best show in my opinion was when Sasha Alexander's character was asked to bring in more patients. This does happen and I have never seen any show about doctors bring this issue up. It really makes you see that being a doctor isn't all good you are forced to have more patients and less overall interaction with those patients.

I hope that everyone will watch this show atleast once and maybe you will become as hooked as I am!

Lacks warmth and overly schematic

Author: budikavlan from Austin, Texas
1 October 2002

This show has the feel of something that was planned by a committee with focus group input. You can see their list: (1) hire several great actresses; (2) hire a couple of cute actors; (3) make one wise motherly figure, one young sweet person, one sarcastic rebel, one hard-as-nails type, and one "medium" person as an entry point for the audience; (4) use "ripped from the headlines" plots; (5) use trendy Lilith-Fair-type music; and (6) have one humorous subplot each week. The list has been checked off neatly, but the show doesn't feel organic. In time, the talented cast may be able to gel into an ensemble that the viewer can care about; a lighter tone would also help. But as it stands now, this show is a bit cold and uninvolving.