IMDb > Out of Time (2003/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Out of Time

Out of Time More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 16: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

2nd time around , I like it

Author: tcbullseye from United States
13 June 2005

I watched this about a year back and didn't think much of it. I watched it again last night and have to say i enjoyed it. It isn't as strong as most every other movie that Denzel has been in though. With out him, it would have been bad. it may have been the writing a bit or possibly the acting of the wife that he was having an affair with. All in all, Denzel did his best to carry her. The plot was a great idea and the area that they filmed in made it very realistic.Eva is great as she is to watch , seems to continue to improve with her acting skills. I think they could have found a better actor for the the husband. He didn't come across as very strong to me. Also maybe a little more character building for him ( a little ) would have helped.

thrills and mendes

Author: mwwmb from United States
12 June 2005

OK i did not expect too much and what i got was more than i thought. it is one of those close calls kinds of films with a great setting and back drop and good performances. denzel once again is solid but the person to watch is (eva mendes) she really takes charge in a strong role that is not seen to often today and not to mention she looks OUTSTANDING and for those regular guys who will watch this film is going to say what i said about the other woman denzel had pick over her in this film ( i'm not going to spoil it) you'll have to watch it, and back to the film the close call thing is what keeps it going and a lot of suspense and good story telling and mendes.

Time killer

Author: ctomvelu from usa
1 March 2004

SPOILERS AHEAD: Passable if dopey thriller featuring the ever-reliable Denzel as a cop struck stupid by the heavy scent of one too many sultry women in his complicated life. He's a cop with a very sexy wife who also happens to be a cop and his soon-to-be-ex, and an even sexier gal pal who feeds him a sob story about having an incurable disease. He swallows this musk-scented fable hook, line and sinker and steals some drug money from the station safe for her "operation." Only she disappears with the money, and he realizes he has been set up. The rest of the flick has Denzel struggling to stay one step ahead of guess who -- the soon-to-be-ex, who is hot on his trail. She turns out to be as dumb as he, however, and it all works out in the end. The bad guys die, the good guys live. So what else is new? A great dumb flick for a really dreary Saturday night. Denzel is OK playing a man addled by too much tang. The two gals are spectacular. Check them out on IMDB. While you're at it, check out the two gals from BOAT TRIP. Imagine the four of them in one room. Your room. Heads would explode.

Denzel why do you waste your time and talent??

Author: RNWilson
20 January 2004

Well it was another one of these. Over an hour and a half of my life spent building something up and taking the cheapest way out for an ending. This occurrence has plagued movies for years. Just like insomnia, this film has an actor that could be doing much better and a no brain ending. It is too bad nobody is original anymore, don't ya think?

If you need some good old action entertainment with no originality check it out. If you waiting for Denzel's next career defining film look elsewhere.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

Never quite believable

Author: pro_crustes from Atlantic Coast, USA
17 January 2004

Denzel Washington is a formidable actor whom I used to love before he developed his fondness for playing dubious anti-heroes in his films. Is he pandering? Maybe, but not in this film. In this one, he takes his crack at the no-we're-not-done-yet style of movie exemplified by quirky films like "Wild Things." As with all such films that follow twist with twist and twist again, it really isn't convincing. Also, the female lead comes off as kind of a dunderhead when she's supposed to be a competent professional. Over and over, she fails to check on even the simplest facts that, if she had, would have cracked the case she's working on instantly. At the same time, some of the things Washington's police-chief character does to avoid be discovered for his role in events are not always kosher (ex: punching a hotel clerk so badly he ends up going to the hospital to avoid being detected while impersonating a suspect; the clerk is just a bystander, so are we supposed to think it's funny that a chief of police would slug him for such a reason?).

There are some very dry, funny bits between Washington and John Billingsley ("Enterprise"'s Dr. Phlox), but their Odd-Couple relationship is never developed. Too bad, as it's the strongest chemistry in the film. Dean Cain shows he can be a chilling bad guy, though, so there are a couple of good performances. Alas, Washington's cop is not sympathetic, his wife/co-cop is too easily fooled, and the whole story is just too far-fetched. You know, as a comedy, this might have worked. As a police-procedural/thriller, it fails.

Fantastic.

Author: egt00 from USA
10 January 2004

No matter what anyone says, I loved this movie. Denzel and the whole cast were very good. The twist and turns were cliff hangers. Denzels was sweating bullits trying to figure everything out, but I still don't understand how the ending came about. It does not make sense.

Good, but I wanted a Twist at the END!!

Author: DJAkin (Donjakin1988@gmail.com) from AZ
10 January 2004

This was a good flick,,,,as all Denzel movies are. The way he was getting himself out of TROUBLE constantly was amazing. I mean, geeze! I never could have pulled off that FAX stunt! He must have amazing COMPUTER SKILLS!!! I also like Gina Gershwin as the HOMOCIDE DETECTIVE. She delivered the goods. But what about Dean Caine? Is he going to be a bad guy from now on? That guy is a total actor!! I was amazed at this former DALLAS COWBOY RUNNINGBACK and how he delivered the GOODS as an actor!! Way to go Dean!!!

Out of Patience

Author: ddsterrell from United States
10 January 2004

This movie is a substantial disappointment. I've probably come to expect too much from Denzel Washington films. On the up side, Denzel is still a good actor, the supporting cast is fine, scenery is good, and it's all superficially attractive to watch. Down side is that the pacing is painfully slow in the first 1/3 the film and then lags intermittently throughout, the plot is silly and mostly predictable, and the entire ride is manipulative and ultimately unbelieveable. It just gets sillier and sillier as you go along. They should have taken a lot of garbage and downtime out of this film in the cutting room. I also troubled me that Denzel was so much less than noble in this film; I found myself not really rooting for him, and just watching him squirm out of this mess wasn't enough. I have to believe that most of the good reviews for this film arise from its style and pizazz ... there's little of substance.

an o.k. movie

Author: occupation_foole from lima ohio
9 January 2004

I was not expecting it to be a great movie so I was not let down.It was not Denzel's best movie.I was not bored by it but I also was not on the edge of my seat.Even if this movie had an allstar cast I still think that it would not be great.I would only recommend this movie to someone that is a Denzel fan if you are not you probably would not like it.

Pretty good

Author: PimpSkaterStar from Az
8 January 2004

I like this movie in some ways, but it has some problems here and there. The good: washington's performance is good and all the actors do a good job, you don't know what will happen next all the way through the middle, their is a nice scene involving washington holding on to this ledge 20 feet in the air, and the story is good. The bad: the ending you know what will happen before it happens, there are a few plot holes, the film is kid of short, I didn't get why the had the sex scenes between washington and that actress from brown sugar, and it starts off a little slow. Grade: C+