IMDb > Out of Time (2003/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Out of Time

Out of Time More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 16: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

NOT MUCH OF A STORY ....

Author: webcrawler from New York, New York
4 October 2003

..or one that we haven't seen many times before. Yet this film has its moments of real humor and excitement due in no small part to the presence and talent of Denzel Washington. Eva Mendes who plays his wife this time around (as oppose to his baby's mama in Training Day), displays a dignity that we have never seen in her previous characterizations. Long story short, this is not a blockbuster script and I dont see it going up for any oscar nominations. But when you have a master craftsman like Denzel...well you have to see for yourself. I recommend this film and give it 3 thumbs up.

Not too shabby

Author: SpankyUT from Salt Lake City, UT
1 October 2003

I saw "Out of Time" last night, and wasn't disappointed. Granted, it starts out a bit slow, and takes maybe longer than it should've to pick up. But the action was good, the suspense was too. My only complaint was that it was a bit predictable, but it had me on the edge of my seat for portions of the film.

Denzel Washington did a good job with this movie. While it certainly wasn't his best, it wasn't a bad movie. This is a good weekend flick that's fun to watch.

Overall, a fairly competent thriller.

Denzel the Great at his Greatest

Author: gordem1 from Burlington, Ontario Canada
29 September 2003

This is a master at his best. Without a cast of stars, Washington makes this movie into a gripper. You won't be disappointed, trust me! It has suspense, intrigue great acting, my favorite State as a backdrop and my favorite actor making everything very believable. Get to the theater, pay your admission, forget the popcorn, after the first 10 minutes, you won't be able to pick up the kernels. This is e-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t. Washington goes Hollywood....maybe HE should be Governor of California.

Not what I expected, but well worth the cost

Author: keds2300 from Toronto, Canada
11 September 2003

I saw this movie last weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival with the major cast members and the director in the room... but a good 100 feet away!

I thought it started kinda slow, but it was necessary for plot development. Through most of the film, I was literally on the edge of my seat. I don't want to give any of it away so I'll keep this short.

Denzel was excellent and as cute as ever, but Sanaa Lathan and Dean Cain blew me away.

Out Of Time is a fitting title... go see the film, you'll see what I mean.

Okay at best

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
20 January 2008

Denzel Washington in a rather routine film noir update. My saying that should lay out the entire plot to you once you start watching the film. While its not a bad film its just nothing special and is the type of thing best stumbled upon while surfing. Yea, you'll know who's doing what to whom after a couple of minutes but at the same time its nothing you'd really want to pay for. I don't dislike the film but at the same time I'm annoyed by several choices they make, the long opening seduction is a waste of time and is the first of several things that make me want to scream, "oh get over it!" 5 out of 10 Wait for cable then make the popcorn.

Hot babes & Denzel - A Sure Winner!

Author: lastliberal from United States
24 March 2007

Saana Lathan from "Something New" adds the heat to this film that is very familiar to fans of "No Way Out." She won a couple of awards for her hot performance. Denzel Washington, who reprises the KevinCostner role, was nominated for a couple of awards too as he joins with his old director from "Devil in a Blue Dress," Carl Franklin. You know you have a winning story when your predecessor, "The Big Clock" was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar.

The story is timeless. Can the stooge clear his name or get out of the trap before time runs out. Denzel was magnificent - as he usually is - in playing the game. You always figured the next door was the last, but he manages to get through it. How does it end. Gentle folk, that is for you to find out, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Oh, did I neglect to mention that Denzel's ex is play by the sexy Eva Mendes from this year's "Ghost Rider." Makes me tempted to go see that one - NOT!

Denzel Gets It!

Author: bless1 from United States
6 March 2007

This was a good movie. The only thing i didn't like was the opening credits. The whole jazz thing they were playing kind of ruined the feel of the movie before you even saw it. Denzel got what he deserved in this movie. Sleeping with a married woman and it back fired on him. It keep you on the edge, wondering how Denzel was going to ease his way out of all the mess he got himself in. He got played by Sanaa Lathan, and the one woman who he had seemingly turned his back (Eva Mendes) on(don't burn your bridges!)came to his rescue in the end. It's definitely worth owning in your DVD collection. It's another great Denzel movie and he always does a good job in the leading roles.

Very Good Movie

Author: willeagle23 from Ohio, United States
28 November 2006

I saw this movie for the 1st time this past weekend. Why did I wait so long to watch it? I was glued to the screen during this whole movie. I don't normally talk to the TV, but I did during this one. I was giving Denzel Washington's character suggestions on what he should do. I do think that Denzel Washington is one of the best actors out their right now. He can play so many different parts and each one being awesome. I also enjoyed John Billingsly character as well. You may know him from the Star Trek: Enterprise series.He was quite funny in this movie. This movie is worth your time so check it out when you get the chance. You will not be disappointed.

Fun, fast-paced suspense!!

Author: abajoue from United States
15 June 2006

Like several other reviewers, when I first saw this film back in 2003, it didn't "wow" me, mostly because I had just seen Denzel in much deeper movies. Granted, "Out of Time" won't (and didn't) win Denzel any Oscars, but, who cares? I recently watched the DVD, and found it to be a fun, sexy thrill-ride of a movie ... sort of a "thinking man's" suspense movie. It's fun to see Mathias "Matt" Whitlock stay one step ahead of everyone else, while trying not to break a sweat. Denzel is one of the few actors with the charisma to pull off this "film-noirish" movie, skillfully managing to be the good/bad/funny guy all at once. Few actors can manage to have such sizzling on-screen chemistry with the actresses playing both his wife AND his paramour, but hey, it's Denzel. The remainder of the cast is not only easy on the eyes, but their acting enhances the sultry, dark tone of the movie. The stunning Sanaa Lathan "owns" her role as the sensual "Black Widow," Anne Harrison, and she's got chemistry to burn with Denzel. Sanaa has always played understatedly sexy female characters, and it's nice to see her embrace and play up her sex appeal in this movie. It would have been easy for Sanaa to turn the character into a out-and-out tart, but her subtle acting style and projection of character through her eyes and spot-on body language create a character with a lot more nuance than this film could have gotten away with. Eva Mendes demonstrates why she's one to watch in Hollywood. Her character also generates scads of sexual tension with Matt, and she slips easily into the role of detective without over-acting the part. She also manages to be sexy without coming off as a bimbo playing at being a cop. Dean Cain is a pleasant surprise as Anne's abusive ex-football-player hubby. His innuendo-laden banter with Matt is a treat to watch. And Matt's medical-examiner sidekick is a real hoot, so much so that, at times, he almost steals the show. (Almost, because it is Denzel, after all). If you are in the mood for some lighthearted, dirty, suspenseful fun, I would recommend "Out of Time."

Woefully Underrated

Author: dbenamor from United States
3 June 2006

On the face, "Out of Time" seems like a generic thriller. And while it is not tremendously original it is still an excellent thriller. It moves fast and never lets up, working from a great script by Dave Collard that keeps things tense without stretching plausibility too much. A beautiful Florida backdrop makes it even more pleasant. This is a great movie. Denzel of course is great as usual. The two female leads, Sanaa Lathan and Eva Mendes are also very good. Beautiful women, combined with a beautiful climate, good acting, solid direction that isn't showy but isn't lacking either, and a good script equals a good movie. John Billingsley is fun as the comic relief. "Out of Time" is breezy fun, perfect for any time, it is pleasant and thrilling.