IMDb > Alien Beach Party Massacre (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Alien Beach Party Massacre More at IMDbPro »

Great Alien Beach Party Massacre movie or Greatest Alien Beach Party Massacre movie?

Author: AlienBeach PartyMassacre from United States
22 January 2008

There have been few alien beach party massacre movies that have been so moving, or so influential in my life as this one. More than any other, this movie has changed the way that I thought about alien beach party massacres.

John Eineigl's Dr. Bateman is perhaps the most finely acted scientist in alien beach party massacre movie history. I'll never forget his impassioned delivery of our planet's dire prognosis.

The special effects were incredibly realistic. Having witnessed several alien beach party massacres myself, I found myself struggling with my post traumatic stress disorder throughout the movie. Truly, there has never been a more realistic depiction.

Another reviewer questioned the sophistication of the dialog in the movie. Perhaps he has been to different alien beach party massacres than I, but in my experience most people revert to a childlike state of panic and fear. It only makes sense that a movie about an alien beach party massacre would have childlike dialog. Perhaps some would like it if Dr. Bateman had uttered some line belonging in Richard The Third, but for me it would have ruined the entire feel of the movie.

I'm just sad that Andy Gizzarelli is no longer making films in the alien beach party massacre genre. He will be sorely missed, as the contributions of more recent directors are but lifeless, shallow imitations of his groundbreaking work.

Title says it all!

Author: sketchy from Titan, one of saturn's moons.
13 July 2003

Aliens land on earth, and apperantly like to surf and drink beer. That's the whole plot. The script is very lousy, the acting is on the level of a student film gone horribly wrong, and the effect for the most part, look shoddy and third-rate. At least the film doesn't take it's self seriously, because the dialogue, situations, and characters all seem like something out of a young child's mind, lacking logic and over-all value. And further more, because of the ultra low-budget, the camera work and direction are generally incompetent, and lack of everything else makes this turkey one that is well-worth skipping.

"Find the Death-Sphere, Dr. Bateman..."

Author: Alouicious Lipshits from Anaheim, CA
22 January 2008

I'll be the first to admit that it took repeated viewings for me to fully appreciate Alien Beach Party Massacre, but repetition is where the true genius of this opus is discovered. Gizzarelli's alcohol-fueled, profanity laden, sun-soaked nightmare takes a hold of what the genre should be, then probes it like a newly abducted hillbilly.

Shot on a shoe-string budget at a pace that keeps you on the edge of your seat, this movie proves the theory that a timeless concept doesn't need millions of dollars to realize a well written script.

And this thriller still packs a punch!

While other ham-handed popcorn flicks from the same era (Independence Day immediately comes to mind) look remarkably dated, Alien Beach Part Massacre stands as a testament to the filmmakers sometimes hallucinatory, mostly inspired vision of what the future could be.