IMDb > "CSI: Miami" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"CSI: Miami"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"CSI: Miami" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 24: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Not sure why it's still on TV taking up space

Author: shishky
22 September 2006

I have watched the show many times over its near 5 year stint and it just gets worse as time goes by. I find Caruso's character probably the worst one I have seen on TV. The way he stands, the way he puts on his glasses and the tacky one-liner comments are so arrogant, and the fact he is such a know-it-all is so obnoxious that it really is difficult to get through the entire show. Ditto with the Wolfe guy. Either the writing/directing or the acting on behalf of Caruso (or both) is just plain pitiful.

The only normal characters on the show are Calleigh, Alexx, and Eric. They at least exhibit rational adult behavior, unlike Horatio who is so dramatic and unrealistic in just about everything he does. The problem is is that the 3 good characters carry the show, but they're downplayed. Seems the newby Wolfe gets more attention than the seasoned team members.

I agree the pictures of Miami on HDTV are exceptional, but Las Vegas is starting to show some great shots now and the acting is so much more superior from all of the team members.

If you want to waste 60 min of your life.

Author: smaland30
17 July 2006

If you want to waste 60 min of your life, you should look at this series.

The character Horatio Caine must be one of the worst character in the history of TV and in David Caruso career. In many cases the series seems as realistic as Star Trek or Lord of the Rings.

Its a series wish is so bad that you will not know if you shall laugh or cry at the story and at the "uber-Lieutenant" Horatio Caines dialogs.

If I could give it a ZERO as my vote I had done that because a One is to high fore it.

Conclusion: If you got time to waste you might look at this series BUT there exist a lot of really shity series who are better then this one.

Terrible acting!

Author: jrjefferis
30 May 2007

Having just watched this show for the first time in May of 2007, I was amazed that it was (is?) so popular. David Caruso is just unbelievably BAD. I'd only seen him in a movie (Proof of Life), in which he also stunk up the place - just really bad, so at least he's consistent. And as bad an "over-actor" Caruso is, Emily Procter under-acts, as if she were sleepwalking through her lines. The story was just plain silly, with a mixture of absurdly contrived situations involving a plane crash, "billions" in checks as cargo, a dead ex-drug addicted girl who ran a charity for other such girls, etc. The "cops" do no real detective work, but simply announce one plot-induced conclusion after another to "solve" the crime, throwing in a little psycho-cop nonsense and sexual harassment to fill in the extra space in this very thin story. This show is a real stinker.

Not a Thinking Man's Show

Author: Vincent Black from United States
15 November 2012

Recently this was added to my Netflix. I never watched it so I gave the first few seasons a go. The show is not intelligent at all, in fact, it not only feeds the viewer misinformation, it insults anyone with any intelligence. They make CSI look like super cops, about the same way Columbo and Monk make detectives look super impressive. Almost ever show is adorned with sexy guys and girls, rave music, and special effects that always go way beyond normal.

Most police don't have time or resources to investigate common deaths (no brainers) to the point these people show. There is such thing as a departmental budget to follow but apparently not in Miami. The pseudo science is enough to make you sick. Apparently computers can enhance a photo from a gas station camera, bounce an image off the chrome bumper of a car, and see with great detail and color, to see who the attacker was in the reflection of someones glasses.

If the show wasn't trying to be so serious, it would be fun to watch, like the old 1960's Adam West "Batman". The writers and producers of this show are not the only parties guilty of making this a bad TV series. Most of the actors are not that impressive either. The lead role of Lt. Horatio Caine by David Caruso, has his share of corny one-liners at the opening of each show. The actor says cleaver clichés, one example of this might be him arriving at the scene of an exploded bakery truck and he retorts, "Well looks like someone made toast out of this driver.". Then he puts his sunglasses on his face.

There is also no ugly people. They killed the only normal looking lab technician they called "Speed" and replaced him with a pretty boy named "Wolf" in season 3. I stopped watching the shows after that point. Everyone in Miami apparently looks like a movie star.

Support Group Needed

Author: todd-c-meyer from United States
24 July 2008

Good Googly Moogly, I HAD to comment on this show. It is like one of those accidents on the side of the road you don't want to look at because everyone is doing it and causing traffic to slow down to a crawl, and yet you do hoping you see a dead body or something! I don't know what is worse, the writing or the acting....honestly it is a tie. the original CSI: LV, OK, I got it....it was corny, yet still mildly entertaining, but this....wow. There are a lot of pretty people plastered on a day-glo and pastel, sun-drenched background, but after that what is there? I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but I am 99.9% certain crime scene investigators do NOT interrogate suspects and witnesses, chase down and arrest the bad guys, and I think the forensic science aspect of it is amazing, but these local police departments seem to have better equipment than NASA! I am sorry, I had to finally vent and I doubt anyone actually reads this but I must know I am not alone in my complete hatred for this show, yet sick perverted need to watch it....almost like I want the aneurysm to take me as I scream at the T.V. ....my behavior is as idiotic as the show, I need closure ....thanks for listening

David Caruso has dragged this show down; it's no longer worth watching

Author: cakyrias from United States
15 March 2011

This is the worst dramatic show on television and I attribute most of that to David Caruso. His stilted line reading in "dramatic whispers", constant posing, and egotistical characterization are just AWFUL! Maybe he's a nice guy, maybe he's easy to work with, maybe he came cheap, there must be SOME reason he was hired because it surely wasn't his acting. I think he may very well be the worst actor to hold a SAG card and have a steady paycheck. His idea of acting is to say every line with a quarter turn to the camera, lift up his chin, spread his legs out overly wide and throw his hands on his hips. I'm serious; EVERY single episode, he uses exactly the same moves over and over. Apparently the directors are powerless to do anything about it. Perhaps he just can't take direction; or the producers are hiring really bad directors every week; or maybe it's in his contract that he doesn't have to listen to directors. No decent director would allow this to go on week after week. (I suspect they just throw up their hands, since Caruso appears to be completely unrepentant.)

It's well known that actors who work together for any length of time rise (or fall) to meet the level of the lead. A really good lead actor makes his/her co-stars look good, too. (A prime example is "The Good Wife," where the secondary actors and their characters have quickly risen to meet the standard set by Julianna Margulies.) David Caruso is so bad that the other actors have no option but to meet him where he works—in the pits. I've seen many of these actors in other roles and they were excellent. Now after several years of having to work with someone who is being rewarded for bad acting, the others are slipping to his level. The line readings have become almost uniformly bad. On one episode, I would sworn that Khandi Alexander was on drugs—her reading was so bad she almost couldn't get the words out. Emily Proctor, whom I've always liked, is practically sleepwalking through her part. She is, and has proved herself, capable of soooo much better than this. As is Adam Rodriguez, who, though enthusiastic, still seems to be phoning in his lines.

In my opinion, writers and camera operators also rise (or fall) to the level of the characters as the actors portray them. And, BTW, does the make-up department on this show hate the actors or are they merely incompetent, too.

A show which wasn't great to start with has gone downhill badly and I blame it directly on David Caruso.

annoying lead character ruins the show

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
27 April 2008

for me,this is by far,the weakest entry in the CSI cannon.it's not that the stories are uninteresting.many of them are.most of the characters are done well enough,except for two notable exceptions.the first exception,and this is just my opinion,is the character of Dr. Alexx Woods,the medical examiner,played by Khandi Alexander.i find the character much too weepy,at least in the earlier episodes i have watched that might be different now.i think Khandi Alexander is a good actress,given a weak character to portray.the character with biggest flaw,at leas in my opinion,is Lieutenant Horatio Caine,Played by David Caruso.Caine is the leader of the team.this character is just way too annoying for me.Caine is just a poser to me,with his supposedly thoughtful demeanor at the end of each episode where he looks out at the ocean with this hands on his hips and his cool looking sun glasses on.i also find his speech pattern annoying.this character sinks the whole show and makes it all but unwatchable.this may not bother everybody,but it sure does bother me.in fact,i dislike the character enough that i have not bought any CSI:Miami on DVD,and probably won't.again,this is the character,not the actor.and the character may be different now.i don't have anything against Caruso.this is just my view.for me,CSI:Miami is a 4/10

The Unreal World of Bruckheimer !!!!

Author: amwcsu from United States
23 April 2008

I do not hate this show. In fact I often find this show intriguing. Yeah, that's right! Intriguing! It has the mystique of the original CSI with the stylistic aura of the late, great Miami Vice! Unlike Cold Case! I wouldn't mind watching a marathon of this. CSI Miami has some pretty interesting characters, Horatio Caine, especially. But alas, this is not Miami Vice. In fact this is where CSI Miami falls short of the "winner circle" in my opinion of course. This show has none of the street cred grittiness of the 80's cop drama. Miami Vice not only displays the flashed-up culture of the South Beach social scene, but it examines the underworld in great detail. In CSI's case, we are exposed to mundane and obnoxious stereotypes from the African-American crackheads/gangbangers to the drug-pushing/child abducting White Trash venom. CSI Miami is in a shallow picture-perfect dreamworld. A dreamworld where everyone considered a normal citizen is under 50, drives a Lexus Lux-ed out SUV, lives in a subdivisions and wears a designer suit to work. And every woman is a thin gorgeous knock-out with model proportions. What cop would wear high heels to work? C'mon here!

Last but not least: That wise-ass blonde CSI cop with the Southern Accent, is the personification of the word "Bitch".

Bad with a capital B

Author: mikelcat from United States
24 July 2008

David Caruso has caught Steven Seagal disease he looks old and dry

and comes across as old and dry .The way everybody remotely connected with the justice system goes around acting like rebel with a cause cops is laughable . In a word this show is terrible , it doesn't even have good bad quality , its just BAD!!!!!Trying to fill ten lines on this is a chore , Caruso did some good work early before he started acting like a prima donna jerk , he has never recovered professionally .Whatever happened to him is apparently irreversible because his over the top portrayal of a know it all , all powerful on the side of right csi guy is as convincing as Seagal's hair !

David Caruso makes the show boring and predictable

Author: engine_tiger from Germany
18 March 2008

When I watch CSI Miami, David Caruso's performance makes a spoof of the whole show. When he talks to someone his head almost hits the table where he is sitting on. And the dramatically removal of his shades kills me all the time. No matter how serious the plot of the show, Caruso makes it non believable or laughable. After a while in the show he will get annoying. He appears non human to me. No flaws. And if they would find a character flaw it would be only because he tried to achieve world peace. Here is a plot from me: The next time he is in the lab, he'll knock over some chemicals while removing his shades or knocking them off the table with his head because someone came in and starts talking to him, causing a massive explosion. All they ever find of him is his fiery red scalp and his sunglasses. He'll never appear in the show. His position will be filled with someone human and good looking.

So there.