IMDb > "CSI: Miami" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"CSI: Miami"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"CSI: Miami" More at IMDbPro »

Page 17 of 24: [Prev][12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [Next]

Lost it's magic....

Author: Angelus2 from United Kingdom
12 January 2008

The plot is simple, every week we witness a murder and then the CSI unit move in and solve the mystery with their 'sophisticated' technology.

At first this show had a real charm, it was different than all the other shows as it really delved into the science behind finding the perpetrators. But now it's just become a novelty act, bringing in 'make-beleive' technology and 'stereotyping' certain groups of people...The acting seems to be getting worser as well...But the action is satisfying and Caruso's famous openings...

What was once great is now only a shadow of it's former self...

Welcome Season 6

Author: JamieKizis from United States
24 September 2007

Didn't watch it yet so I'm going out on a limb.. but last year I called the show to fall beneath CSI LV on my chart because of 2 reasons. Well a lot but mainly 2, which are..

Need a real kickin great cop like Don Flack from CSI:NY (Frank's OK). H is getting up there (but not a detective) and he has the attitude but STOP the sunglass maneuver, it's getting old (But your still the best).

Secondly, Tim Speedle SHOULD not of left. Ryan is not anywhere on my favorites list and Delko lost a lot of his character.

So if they do rumoredly bring back Tim Speedle, then godspeed and you better write that one well. You already used a trick on H's brother so don't overkill it.

CSI Miami versus the original

Author: atala67 from Malaysia
29 June 2007

I also find David Caruso quite obnoxious (but this is not news.. cf what Barbet Schroder wrote about him for "kiss of Death') ; I first watched all the episodes of CSI Las Vegas and became a big fan... afterwards I switched to Miami and liked it better actually : it was a bit 'dirty Latin' as opposed to puritan WASP in Las Vegas. The contrast is the most striking if one compares the 2 female leads : Cath Willows, the ice-cold virago, always lecturing witnesses and suspects on what is proper or not, typical German-Lutheran... and in "Miami", the super cute, petite Emily Procter, a sweet hand in an iron fist... but the attraction of Miami (colours, glamour) is getting definitely spoiled by Mr Caruso's 3rd class acting. Miss Procter saves the day!

CSI Miami not for 2002 but 2005

Author: valdica from United States
12 December 2005

Hi there,

I just happened to watch CSi Miami for the first time and I was not very impressed at all. If this show hasn't been cancelled it needs to be. The character have no substance to them at all, especially David Carusso's character. Does any one find it in the slightest bit odd that he always knows what's going on. He also has the stupidest one liners I've ever heard on a modern show (2000 and up). I know you hard core CSI Miami fans probably want to murder me right now and that's all good and well. If you do decide to kill me make sure you call this team because they will know exactly what happened to me no matter how complex the case. Unless they want to do their unnecessarily long and pointless forensic procedures (which aren't even close to reality, I know I'm a forensics student).

No improvement

Author: Mardee from Cincinnati, Ohio
1 December 2003

Not only has it not improved, but it's gotten worse. Horatio stands around with his hands on his hips, and does nothing but make condescending remarks to suspects while playing "wanna-be" cop. Last week, he was giving orders and leading a raid! C'mon -- I realize it's TV, but this show doesn't even vaguely resemble real life. And if Khandi Alexander calls one more corpse "sweetie," I'm going to scream.

Every month or so, I try to wade through an episode to see if I can make it all the way through -- and every time, I get so irritated with David Caruso that I wind up turning it off. I'm sticking with the original -- this one is worthless.

Just one complaint...

Author: ticktockcrocodile from Missouri
29 January 2003

As an enormous fan of the original "CSI", I greatly looked forward to this new spin-off. While not as good as the original, this TV series pretty much lived up to all of my expectations, and I was just getting into it when suddenly, my world was rocked.

KIM DELANEY IS GONE!!! Now, Megan Donner was my no means my favorite character, but I reallyreally did like her! And to flip it on one day and find her missing... well, it was quite an unhappy surprise (altho, come to think of it... I had read that she was leaving in TV Guide or here on IMDb... somewhere, anyway). And as bad as it is to see that she is gone, an even bigger slap in the face is her replacement! Why on Earth would the makers of this show dump such a good actress and great character for someone who talks, acts, and looks exactly like another character that was already on the show (Alex, the coroner. Anyone else see the resemblance?)!?!

I guess I'll still continue to watch "CSI: Miami", but I'll never enjoy as much as I did before.

A waste of time.

Author: santi_f from Brazil
28 November 2002

First of all, I totally agree with that user who said that Davis Caruso should leave his ego behind. His seriousness is nothing like the amazing Gil Grissom's, in CSI, the original show. So if you can't portray it perfectly, change ur style or change ur job. Second of all, I think it's needless to say that this show is inferior to the original CSI. Not only the 'head' of the team is a sucker, but that blonde actress... look at the SIZE of her hair. Don't u think it should cross someone's mind that that huge amount of hair may disturb the crime scenes? Or doesn't it bother when she's trying to work? It shouldn't be a surprise if in each crime scene they ended up collecting a blond female long, long hair. Another user even made a comment on her wardrobe. Of course! This shouldn't look good, they should be all dressed up, they should BE good! I didn't like CSI Miami at all! And CSI, the original CSI, is my favorite show of all times-- simply flawless. Too bad CSI Miami didn't follow it.

It's ok but...

Author: yeswill2k
9 November 2002

I had an awful lot of trouble with the first show where one of the main characters looked like a stork in high heels in the Florida swamps investigating the crime scene. Talk about destroying the scene as she walked about punching holes into the ground with her stiletto style boots... I really had difficulty watching that first episode because I couldn't get past that unbelievable outfit.. WARDROBE!

Another LA Dream of Miami

Author: rcharding from Virginia
27 October 2002

Just like the other new Miami show, Good Morning Miami, CSI: Miami has been written by writers who either have never either been to Miami or do not care to portray the city accurately (I lived in Miami for 5 years and consider it my second home; I go back every year).

It pains me to think that so many writers in Hollywood have such tunnel vision. There is more than LA and NYC in the world, and I for one, am fed up with the vast majority of shows being set in those two locales (as a previous poster noted, CSI: Miami's landscapes are not from Miami). This show, much like GMM, is painfully "gringo" in its representation of Miami.

Suggestion for the future: Do it right or don't do it at all.

Loved it from the start

Author: erin-bussenschutt from Australia
10 August 2011

CBS, YOU ARE FOREVER ON MY LIST OF AWESOME PEOPLE! I wasn't really a big fan of the franchise to begin with, however as I kept watching, I found myself unable to make my hand get the remote and change the channel! David Caruso (Horatio) does his best performance, close to his fantastic performance on NYPD Blue.

Emily Procter (Calleigh) she is just FANTASTIC! Her character goes to show that stereotyping is wrong. A blond who knows about ballistics and Physics? YES, IT'S POSSIBLE! Adam Rodriguez (Eric)....HOT! And also a great character, but he is just oh so GOOD LOOKING! I could go on and on and on about this show, but I'm gonna stop myself while I'm ahead.

Keep up the amazing work, CBS!