IMDb > Bells of Innocence (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Bells of Innocence More at IMDbPro »

good movie

Author: davisdebra2003 from Australia
14 December 2006

i thought this movie was good,i like any thing with chuck in,it was a different role for him, but he carried off the role very well.not much violence,which was good to see. a little bit of religion does not hurt any body and having faith in god and faith in people is nothing to be ashamed about. a nice family movie, no swearing or nudity was a nice change. was nice to see chuck's son and granddaughter in this movie, nice to see family members involved in this movie, they should all be pleased with the end result, a movie for all the family to watch. i purchased this movie on DVD, and have watched it a number of times,my twin daughters aged 13 really enjoyed watching it

One of the worst movies I've seen in my entire life

Author: Leonhart-PL from Warsaw, Poland
30 June 2005

OK, I'm 26 so I've been thru all the action heroes 80's hype, and Chuck Norris along with Seagal, Van Damme and the rest of the guys were my childhood heroes, fighting the bad guys, shooting dozens of bullets from one round only;) I saw the advert of this movie on TV a couple of days ago - Chuck Norris was throwing some fireballs from his fingers. WHOA! 'That is a must-see crappy movie!', I said. And indeed it was. Only a lot lot worse. It is very difficult to see all the movie - stuffed with some religious thoughts, ridiculous zombie-like monsters, who serve Satan, all the idea of a plot set in some forgotten community, which represent whole mankind - it is a load of Christian fundamentalist's wet dreams.

I've nothing against Christianity, even in the movies, but this one lacks taste, it lacks almost everything that connects with a common sense, c'mon, Chuck Norris playing an ANGEL, whose job is to look after little town, where Satan lives?!?! The whole plot is so damn straight and boring, not mentioning its silliness (yes, it's not stupidity anymore, we're talking silliness like... like a retarded child's joke) make altogether terrible movie, made as far as I suppose for elder people very much devoted to Catholic Church, because young viewers laugh at almost every scene. Technically it's incorrect, the fx are worse than the ones you've seen in early 90's in TV series, the plot seems VERY stupid, actors could be easily exchanged to cardboard stands, not mentioning the music which as far as I've heard was played on a childish toy piano. I've seen a lot of movies, even the worst ones (the ones from the IMDb bottom list) like 'Space Mutiny' or 'Manos - hands of fate' BUT believe me nothing compares to this ridiculous, terrible, horribly acted quasi-movie which brings some students' prank movies to my mind rather than regular production. Avoid it. At all cost avoid it. There's even nothing to laugh at. Chuck Norris has officially finished his movie career.

Something different from Chuck Norris.

Author: Harry Lags from Thailand
30 October 2016

"Bells of Innocence" is a good Christian film, in that it includes a hero who attempts suicide on screen, an angel who is a total asshole, and a little girl who murders people. So in other words, it's not really a Christian film at all, and so none of the confusing plot twists make any damn sense because you can't just say Jesus did it.

"The Bells of Innocence" is the story of what happens to three close friends, while on a missionary flight to deliver Bibles to a town in Mexico. Having been forced to make an emergency landing in their small aircraft, they become involved in defending the innocent locals in a fight for their lives and their souls.

A very unusual Chuck Norris film that's kind of entertaining, but it's not one of his best. Chuck Norris doesn't bust out any karate moves on anyone either. What a truly strange film. It's like a religious horror western film with some action. This movie combines danger with Faith, you gotta trust in God to get through the danger.

Overall it is kind of interesting, However, there are no Chuck Norris action scenes in this movie, so don't watch it if you want to see Chuck Norris bust out karate moves only.

A real mission from God

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
14 March 2014

For those of you expecting Chuck Norris to do some fancy karate moves on Satan's minions in Bells Of Innocence you will be disappointed. Chuck is getting a bit old for that and he's playing a senior citizen in Bells Of Innocence. Son Mike Norris who is the real star of this film does take care of a couple of them while he and his friends are fleeing for a few seconds.

The younger Norris is a Christian who's fallen away from the faith with the death of his young daughter and friends David A.R. White and Carey Scott try to bring him back to the church by taking him on a mission trip. The mission as they plan it is a trip to Mexico to give away Bibles. But the plane has to make a forced landing in a strange town called Ceres, Texas where time seems to have stood still for about a century and a half.

As it turns they've got a real mission now. The place has been taken over by devil worshipers and there's a passing of the torch of leadership of sorts by the Satanist crowd. The coming of these three strangers has been foretold in their lore.

Chuck Norris plays a rancher who has the only communication with the outside world, a short wave radio. But that won't be much help. Chuck has some other help available though in the crunch.

Bells Of Innocence seems to be a modified rip off of the Stephen King classic The Stand. It's not great, but it's not deserving of some the trashing it's getting from other reviewers. Christian audiences should appreciate it.

The best of the worst

Author: Deirdre Hebert from Dover, NH United States
9 January 2010

Normally, I don't like Chuck Norris films. I appreciate his work as a martial artist, and his fight scenes are usually fairly well-choreographed. Chuck is undeniably one of the martial arts greats. So, in my local used bookstore, I found a film I hadn't seen before and took it home.

While the acting in this movie was worse than most Chuch Norris films, I was hoping to see at least one fight scene. I quickly began to realize that this wasn't a typical Chuch Norris film; rather it was a Christian film, destined to illustrate the "good will win out" paradigm.

There is really nothing on the packaging to indicate that this is a Christian film, with the exception of the label ... Goodtimes Entertainment, which I had never heard of before. I'll certainly keep that in mind the next time I see a film from that company.

I don't have a problem with Christianity ... I do have a problem with sneaky proselytizing. If someone is going to make a religious film, at least have the good sense to indicate to the viewer that such is what they will get. The only redeeming part about the exercise is that I spent only $3.25 to spend 97 minutes to watch a great martial artist not fight. At least it was during supper-time, and I spent some of that cooking and eating.

In short, if you're looking for a mediocre martial arts film, and not hoping for much, don't bother with this film because it doesn't even offer that.

All and All...... I liked it!!

Author: nkwz1 from United States
19 March 2006

I always liked chuck norris movies because of the "kick butt" action scenes. This movie through me as to the plot and content. As many movies as i've seen in my 50 years on this planet(sometime i'll tell ya about the other ones!)bells of innocence is a well produced flick! In the tradition of chuck norris, I'm glad to see him doing New Stuff! I'm not saying this movie is as good as "The order", "Left Behind", Etc... Etc.... But, it sure was interesting seeing chuck attempt this type of movie. I think he was outstanding and his son wasn't to bad either! I hope to see chuck continue his career for many more years...... And if does a few more "Kick Butt" type movies, I'll be there to rent them!

This movie does not bite. It is rather good.

Author: john-regan-1 from United States
24 October 2005

The last reviewer said that Jux woke up at the end of the movie, having a horrible dream, making the movie really stupid. The 'waking up from a dream' part was actually Jux having a mental flash before he was murdered by the little girl. Also, Jux was not being a pervert when he was being friends with the little girl. He was acting like a father to her, as he really was having a hard time dealing with his daughter's death.

This movie is excellent. It is very gripping and intriguing. However, there are no Chuck Norris signature action scenes in the movie, so don't watch it if you want to see an action movie. :)

Terrible - Movie

Author: muddwhomper from So Cal
18 January 2005

This is by far the worst movie I have ever seen. What were they thinking. Stop preaching to me already! This is why all of us watch Walker Texas Ranger and wont admit it to our friends. Terrible acting and a extremely phony plot. While the movie is unfolding the story stops and the actors start preaching to the audience. The director somehow believed the two meshed well. It looked like crap! When I saw the title at my local blockbusters it looked interesting. Their should have been a warning on it saying it was religious instead of the false advertisement of an action / adventure. First time in a long time I stopped a movie and couldn't tolerate finishing it.

A Must See for Everyone Everywhere!!!

Author: gguy-1 from United States
4 February 2006

This is quite possible the worst movie ever made. I know people talk about how horrible Ed Wood movies were (Plan 9) but this movie makes Plan 9 look amazing.

Chuck Norris makes a cameo, for what reason I have no idea. Perhaps to ruin his movie career. Aside from Chuck Norris, the movie's cast consists of extras in daytime soaps and Mike Norris... that's right, Chuck's son.

This director doesn't even have a resume and I have no idea where the plot or screenplay originated. This must've been green lit by a horrible Southern Baptist minister that somehow had a 3rd cousin that owned a studio (which I'm sure has since been shut down).

I don't really know what else to say about this movie. I would like to give you a plot summary but I'm lost. There is something about Jesus and Satan... some eternal battle. Other than that there are Indians. And a bunch of freaky kids that don't know how to act... they're just awkward and should not be on camera. I don't know what was going on most of the time but I know the movie was a great laugh. Mike Norris pushes his daughter (on her bike) into the street somehow... but in the shot he's in the middle of the park. So somehow she learns to ride her bike with speed equivalent to that of The Flash and gets hit by a car or bus... I don't know. But she's dead. This is actually the funniest scene in the movie. I know that sounds sick but once you see Mike raise his hands in victory and then hold his head and scream in terror... you'll understand. It doesn't show the daughter getting hit or anything... you just have to assume she got hit by some vehicle. But, the movie's not clear. So maybe it was completely unrelated and she died from cancer. Anyway... after that the movie gets really confusing and I have no idea what really happens. I am a Christian and I have no idea why this movie was made. I don't see any value for this movie in a religious or non-religious sector. This is probably the first thing they show students in Film-making 101... this is what you DON'T want to do.

Just see it... you'll hate it and me for suggesting that you see it.

An Okay B-Horror Film

Author: Adam Graham (adam@adamsweb.us) from Boise, Idaho
2 December 2006

Everyone has an opinion. Certainly, there's a good reason that this movie didn't get nominated for an award. It's simply a B-horror flick complete with cheesy contrivances, and music that rather than setting the mood, told us what was going to happen. However, the movie has strong points such as: 1) Chuck Norris-As Matthew he's cool as ice, proving you don't have to hit someone to be intimidating-particularly if you're Chuck Norris.

2) The film while suffering from some predictability kept me watching by making me wonder, "What exactly is going on?" Yes, the Devil's working in the town, but what the heck is he doing? The movie revealed exactly what over the movie and kept the audience's attention.

3) The movie opted for weirdness. Movies can stumble into blasé or they can stumble into completely cheesy, but weird is a choice. The people of the town, the leader, and the peacock joke all made this like a Mexican border version of Fargo if you think about it long enough.

So is it the greatest movie of all time? No. Is it the worst? I'd suggest that people who say that need to expose themselves to "The Beast of Yucca Flats." "Bells of Innocence" is a B-movie with a positive message. For those of you expecting something else, to paraphrase the great Forest Gump, "The $5.50 DVD bin at Wal-Mart is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."