IMDb > "George Lopez" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Wanna laugh...

Author: johnmeechum from US
4 November 2002

This is a show focus at a warehouse who has a manager that's Latino. The family house is plain but wholesome. It's doesn't talk about gangbanging or issues. If there are issues they deal with it to the best that any show can do without hurting feelings. It's like a brady bunch covered in chocolate or Everybody Loves Raymond. In order to laugh at this show you have to understand the Latino hertiage. Most Latinos get offended easily. Some seems to be dumb or stupid but the truth is we are as human as the white race or any race. We stay together and take care of our family. I believe that family takes care of family. Bottom line this is show is a 10+

These are just my opinions and suggestions for comedian series

Author: neverlong-36970
6 October 2016

I normally have pity and respect for a character like George. but honestly I never approved of this show. The profanity is too extreme. They use the A-- word in this show little too much. like I could be walking past my mothers television to go to the kitchen and I hear somebody use A--. Which I realize most comedian shows now use that word and I don't know why. but I think this show can lower the percentage of their fowl language.

I remember 15 years ago when you heard people on TV say kick your butt or don't be such a jerk. Now they say don't be such an A--. Its still a dirty word to be using on shows like this. which is why most TV shows are now considered inappropriate for little kids and for the people who might not approve of that kind of language.

An absolute ABC classic!

Author: Catherine_Grace_Zeh from Fairfax, Virginia, USA
15 July 2006

"GEORGE LOPEZ," in my opinion, is an absolute ABC classic! I haven't seen every episode, but I still enjoy it. There are many episodes that I enjoyed. One of them was where Amy (Sandra Bullock) walked into a moving piece of machinery. If you want to know why, you'll have to have seen it for yourself. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, even though new episodes can currently be seen, I strongly recommend you catch it just in case it goes off the air for good.

Forget George Lopez! Give Belita her own show!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
15 August 2006

Now George Lopez Show is not a bad. It is worth watching a few times. But what I think is the best part of the show is Belita Moreno who plays Bennie, the mother of George Lopez. Belita Moreno is certainly worth watching out for ever since she played a secretary in the television film, Death Benefit. I am glad that she is getting recognition in her own right but I think she should get her own show when the George Lopez Show is over. There is something talented and brilliant in Belita's underrated performance. She really has the comedic perfect timing as the gambling, fun-seeking grandmother, mother,and mother-in-law. Bennie is not your typical granny making cookins in the kitchen. She works, gambles, drinks, and likes to have a good time with her friend, Gina, played by the wonderful Elmarie Wendel. She and George are great together with their exchanges. Belita is one to watch for in this series. It's why I watched her in the first place. As Bennie, she is always entertaining and delivers her lines as naturally and wonderfully to George's straight face. I didn't care for the opening segment. I think it's silly with everybody jumping up and down. I think with better writing, it could be a better improved show. We'll just have to wait for the upcoming season.

Carmen

Author: Brooke Lynn (lynnie2be4113) from california
19 January 2004

shes so pretty and smart! shes my fave actress on abc and i try and catch the show as much as i can and i love her character carmen. i also post on filmbug but i'll try this out for a while. her birthday is on october 23rd and mine is on the 9th so were both libras. everyone on the show is really great! and george lopez is soo funny! whats with jman?? i dont know what your problem is but i think your so wrong cuz theres nothing annoying about her shes not a caracture or anything she's just being 15 and i for one can relate since i just turned 15 like carmen... so i dunno what your problem is but i hope you find out before you ruin any more george lopez fan's moods. but i dont care what you have to say because i like her character the most and i can relate and i think my opinion is more valid than yours since i'm 15 and know how 15 year old girls act... unlike you, so please do us all a favor and shut up with all the latino comments... im not one but i really dont care if shes mexican or not, if she can act then thats good enough for me. i give her props playing so awsomley a 15 year old latina when she obviously isn't.

have a nice day, Brooke Lynn

Worst or terrible excuse for a Latino show ever seen!

Author: faddisbman1 from United States
20 January 2011

George Lopez is a terrible Latino actor and this show is horrible. Shows such as king of the hill are helluva lot funnier and more relaxing to watch than this ever will be and are A++ family comedies. Even Lopez's voice is horrible and disgusting to listen to. The family in this is not the best and is terrible acting w/ how they treat each other and doesn't look real because of their clothing, set design, etc. Lopez doesn't even look appealing to watch on the commercials for his new idiotic show idea, Lopez tonight. Even shows such as full house and home improvement are more believable than this because of how the families acted. Forrest Gump is way more believable than Lopez because tom hanks actually made it look real w/ his accent and how well he told the story. Lopez deserved neither of his shows

one of the worst

Author: dashx from here
17 January 2003

I watched this show and i simply didn't find it funny at all. It might have been the first episode. Lately i realize ABC is playing a lot of stupid shows nowadays and is going down as a station. All the characters on this show are pretty bad actors, but even if they were good the jokes and script are pretty horrible and would still bring the show down. I would say that I believe this show will be cancelled, but seeing as how ABC is doing pretty horrible for quality of shows they are playing, they might just keep this one simply because it's average compared to them.

"Here's George...

Author: johnmeechum from CA
10 October 2003

Lopez" the funniest Latino I have seen besides Cheech Marin. Great show and very funny. He's on his way to the top. Let's join his club and have some fun. He deserves a break today and all the days of the world. I want more George.....

Unimpressed

Author: (mtobin1) from Florida
18 April 2002

I've only seen one episode of this show. I didn't think it was funny or inspired or worth watching again. Some of the jokes were very tired--like George's mother talking about going through the "change of life". I'd like to give this show a chance since there are so few Latinos on TV, but this show really doesn't make the cut.

george needs to go solo.

Author: colinwhitefan
19 May 2003

I like this show, I find G-Lo funny, I don't care for any of the family or friends. The grandmother is funny and you can relate to her well. I support this show, but it needed to have a better supporting cast errrrrrr family, the wife is annoying, the son and daughter don't help at all. George, please go solo!

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]