IMDb > The Blair Thumb (2002) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Blair Thumb (V) More at IMDbPro »

Llama here, llama gone....

Author: calovely from Northern CA
31 May 2002

Oh man ~ so funny. Steve Oedekirk has the greatest sense of humor! I haven't laughed this hard in AGES!!! I have yet to be let down by any of his loopy O Entertainment creations - and I eagerly await my chance to see Thumbtanic and Kung Pao - Enter the Fist. You can tell he's quite full of himself in his little pre-movie, self-praise rants (on the DVDs, that is). Unbelievable humor - simple and poetic, but thought-provoking, too. There are so many good quotes on this movie - but still, Thumb Wars is the pinnacle of thumb humor... check it out - heck, you'll only lose 30 minutes of your life on it.

mallow, baby, mallow!

Author: ShiloWallace from United States
16 April 2006

Awesome, awesome, awesome! This is my favorite thumb movie. It is sooooo funny. There are several burning questions throughout the movie. LIKE Why are Vic's screams so bizarre but strangely fascinating to watch? What kind of a name is Jish? What is with Stressy's hair? Are the Briarly twins identical or do they just look alike? and Why is there a shark in the woods? I mean deers don't have dorsal fins. This is a totally awesome movie. There's a giant marshmallow and a thumb with one eye. What more could you want? You need to see it, it's funny plus it's only a half-hour long.

P.S. I really look up to Stressy. I mean she's so well read.

Spit man, Spit

Author: phlab from Clearwater, FL
26 May 2002

Loved this parody of the movie that just begs to be parodied. The characters are well developed. The emotional element is just well... just OH SPIT MAN, SPIT. I can't wait for more thumb movies. Don't forget to check out THUMB WARS and THUMBTANIC.

Jish's screams, Vic, and Stressy's hair

Author: mamabear2406 from United States
20 June 2005

all throughout this wonderful wonderful movie, the screams of Jish are absolutely hilarious and perfect. . this movie, in my opinion is one of the greatest movies of all time. . But Vic, short for victim, really takes the cake. major major props to Steve Oedekerk! I love all the Thumb movies. . Stressy's hair style has an interesting change during the movie, try to find it for yourself. but I am sure someone will notice it. . My favorite scene in this entire movie is the "shark" scene. Along with the few following scenes where they are trying to figure out and rationalize the event. I'm so glad that happened to them, because I don't want that, for me.

JISSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Author: spastik_kitty from Canada
19 March 2002

This ditty was great for a laugh. You need to have a good sense of humour to watch this, and maybe even the need to like, or maybe dislike the blair witch project. I found it very entertaining, and I tried not to like it seeing as I was forced to watch it, now I'm trying to hunt down thumb wars.

>^..^<

shark!!!

Author: shawshank86 from United States
20 February 2007

i heard in a play called "counting the ways" that "if parody didn't lose some of the original meaning, was it ever worth it at all?". that applies here. this is a situation whence the farce accomplishes more than the original piece of work. how? well, the original is probably one of the worst movies ever made, somehow it got some amount of popularity, yet the farce is one of my favorite movies. "the blair thumb" tells the same basic story in half an hour, with every major event in tact. sure, it's all spoof, like a shark attack in a tent, and frankenthumb (another classic) is the blair thumb, but it still manages to capture the moment. i've seen this movie dozens of times, and i'll watched scores more, but once was too much with the blair witch project.

Fun Short Film

Author: FoxWolf87 from United States
2 February 2009

To appreciate this film you need to like seemingly random humor, parody and satire, and weird ideas brought to life on film... you will probably like this movie.

The film is a strange satire/parody of "The Blair Witch Project." Even if you haven't seen the film it's satirizing, as long as you know some basics about the film, you'll get most of the jokes. I've seen 5 of the 6 thumb films. (excepting "Frankenthumb") I consider this to be the best of the six. This has some of the most absolutely ridiculous and funny moments I've seen in a parody, especially recent parodies. And the amazing thing is that the film actually manages to stay pretty clean. There's not a whole lot of swearing, there are some sexual jokes, but they're not overwhelming or blatant, and it's something you can watch with children without worrying about the content.

The ending was a little too random, referencing another thumb film, and the DVD menu is a bit of a pain in the ass... switching you to random menus... (on a play of the 'lost in the woods' idea) which brought the movie from a 10 to a 9.

However, the film is very enjoyable and has some of the most ridiculously funny moments I've seen in a parody (once you get to a screen that will play it).

I recommend it for anyone who likes random, weird, satirical humor.

9/10 - weird, satirical, random fun.

A spot-on sidesplitting send-up of "The Blair Witch Project"

10 August 2007

A trio of college student filmmakers -- uptight, pretentious Stressy (voiced to snarky perfection by Megan Cavanagh), mellow, but excitable jerk Jish (an amusingly smug Jim Jackman), and whiny doofus Vic (delightfully voiced to the shrill wimpy hilt by Steve Oedekerk) -- venture into the woods to make a documentary about the legendary Blair Thumb. Naturally, they get hopelessly lost and find themselves in considerable jeopardy. This 28 minute parody of the smash indie horror picture "The Blair Witch Project" mines a fine line in truly inspired and often uproarious goofball humor: Comic highlights include an interview with a gruff pirate ("I only know the ways of the sea"), ridiculous mild profanity ("Aw, spit, man, spit!"), a surprise nighttime attack by a vicious shark ("Take the girl -- just leave us alone!"), and a last reel appearance by Frankenthumb. Karen Chow-Del Rio's shaky hand-held cinematography, Jason Nyberg's spare shivery'n'shuddery ominous score, and the sidesplitting silly dialogue (all-time favorite line: "It's dark, it's abandoned, it's spooky -- let's go inside!") further enhance the infectiously inane hilarity of this total gut-busting hoot.

The woods are scary...don't go there

Author: Scott_E_Mantooth from United States
5 August 2007

The Blair Thumb is probably one if the dumbest things you will ever watch...repeatedly and enjoy without really understanding why. Not having seen the movie on which this parody is based, I cannot comment on how it compares...but for this review it is irrelevant. I had watched the other Thumb films and enjoyed them all but had put off getting this one till the last. Clearly, this is meant to be so stupid that you cannot help but watch it. One of the best lines is just after Jish is pulled out from under the tent flap, After Stressy and Nick go out while run around screaming looking for Jish, Stressy calls out "Get back to the tent!" To which Nick comments "Oh, sure...The tents' safe...nothing could penetrate the nylon!" Yes, there are some jokes that are a bit crude that could have been left out but for the most part this is worth a look. The commentary (for those interested) is also fun to watch with one caveat...There are two choices for the commentary: Sane and Insane... Your best choice (if you plan on watching the commentary at all) is the SANE commentary. Watching the other one will only make you throw things at the TV screen which could be very expensive.

Funny short film

Author: schuylang1 from Kingsley, Iowa
16 January 2014

This is a funny take on The Blair Witch Project. Animated thumbs with creepy looking faces surprisingly work well for this short film. This movie is still enjoyable despite its 28 minute runtime. I have two favorite scenes from this movie. My first favorite scene is when a shark is somehow able to attack the three thumb characters in the forest. Another favorite scene of mine is when a mother is being interviewed about The Blair Thumb, while holding her baby. The baby does a creepy trick with 666 on its forehead. There are other funny moments in this thumb adventure as well. I recommend this along with the other thumb films.