IMDb > "The F.B.I. Files" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The F.B.I. Files" More at IMDbPro »

Good program!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
4 October 2004

This show is really a great show in My opinion. It shows reenactments and the real thing. Its on the Discovery Channel every week. Some of the cases are graphic because these things really happened and are not made up. I would not recommend a young child to watch this program without the guidance of a parent. The show gives the viewer the knowledge of how the F.B.I., Detectives, and Police Officers do their work that is not as easy as you would think. The show is an excellent program to watch for people who love to see real crimes getting solved and killers getting jailed. If you like to see real crimes getting solved then I strongly recommend that you check out the Discovery Channel and watch this show today!

true crime buffs will like it

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
20 March 2009

this documentary type series features 52 minute episodes of crimes committed in the past(usually one crime per episode)in which the FBI and local law enforcement cooperate to solve crimes.parts of the crimes are reenacted with actors.throughout the episode a narrator describes the events.real people who were involved in the original investigation are also interviewed in present day and recount their experience with the particular incident.the series is gripping and fast paced,but can be very morbid,as sometimes the particulars of the crimes are fairly well detailed.there isn't always a happy ending,either.if you're a true crime buff and you haven't seen this show i encourage you to check it out.in North America,The 1st season is out on DVD,and the 2nd and 3rd have been announced for release.my vote for The F:B:I: Files is a strong 8/10

Awesome show!

Author: racecarguy from United States
21 December 2008

The show is great! In my opinion, it's a lot better than CSI, because it isn't as explicit as CSI is. It shows crimes that we haven't heard of from the past. It can be a little scary for little children to watch, because when they go over the sentencing for the criminals or fugitives, it shows the photos of the people that committed a crime. Most of my friends wished the show wouldn't be canceled in 2006. But the New Detectives is a lot like FBI Files, and it is still on the road. Watching crime shows is interesting and cool, but can show graphic and explicit scenes that can be offensive for children under 13.

fantastic fiction

Author: taffy19 from Australia
9 January 2006

great show, pity it leaves out the evidence that doesn't support their story. Also very misleading, it shows pictures of the "crime scene" however they too are reenactments and incorrect ones at that It has the potential to be a halfway decent show if it was done with an unbiased view. They seemed to bend the "evidence" to suit their story and that the officials want to see. What wasn't mentioned was that the case shown has had the sentence overturned and is also being retried, due to new evidence (old evidence that had been reassessed) and makes it impossible for the crime to happen the way it was outlined. If they pick up their standard and look at cases from a neutral view it could be a passable show