"Monk: Mr. Monk and the Candidate: Part 1 (#1.1)"

"Monk" Mr. Monk and the Candidate: Part 1 (2002)

1 of 125 Episodes | Next »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Probably the best TV show around

Author: Blade_Le_Flambeur
30 April 2003

Monk is a very funny and very good Television show. The script and direction really fill up the screen well, combining excellent situations with hysterical moments. Tony Shaloub, who won a Golden Globe for his performance is at his best here as the phobic detective solving a new murder each episode. In good support is his aid, a women who sometimes gets sick of his phobia but is still a help nonetheless. Ted Levine, who's famous for films such as Heat and Silence of the Lambs is also an honorable mention as the head of the police department. He has a nerve to his character that kind of says "I don't want your BS." Even though he's a bit skeptic to Monk's theories, he usually ends up helping out in the end. There is also a human drama side to the series, on Monk's relationship with the people and how he's coming to terms with life since his wife died (not an episode, I don't think). Personally, I don't get around to watching TV all that much, but this is a show I must watch. Very enjoyable television, excellent cast and excellent storyline. Some episodes are a bit tedious though and have had the formula done before. 9.5/10

Excellent

Author: ctomvelu from usa
7 September 2004

Two shows worth watching: LAW & ORDER and MONK. Two very different shows that share great writing and acting. And like LAW & ORDER, MONK has gotten better as the seasons have progressed, thanks in large measure to exec producer Tony Shaloub's steady and sure hand in developing his mentally challenged character from episode to episode, and keeping things very consistent. Elizabeth Schram is wonderful as Monk's gutsy nurse and ally Sharona, and I am sorry to see that she will be no longer with the series when it returns for its fourth season. Veteran character actor Ted Levine lends solid support as Monk's old friend, a perpetually harried police lieutenant.

Best detective show ever

Author: LivingDog from NYC, NY
13 June 2003

Best detective show ever. Tony Shalhoub is impeccable as the compulsive detective. He is able to solve crimes based on the thinest (and believable) threads of evidence. He is also able to draw you into the plot with ease - like an old friend who brings you into his trust you wait on every word.

Mr. Shalhoub is an enormously talented actor. Anything he has a role in is worth watching just to see him in it. You must watch this great program. 10+/10

-Zafoid

PS: ...sorry - I got so involved in Mr. Shalhoub's acting ability that I forgot - major kudos to the writers and supporting cast and the crew. :)

-Z

Awesome show

Author: alientube from Los Angeles, CA
11 July 2003

I love this series. I hope that it has a good, long run. Tony Shalhoub is awesome in this role, the writing is great, Bitty Schram is excellent as Monk's nurse. More and more of my friends are getting hip to this series and love it too. This is the only show on TV that I consistently watch and tape every week.

A REFRESHING COMBO OF GOOD WRITING, GOOD ACTING, AND JUST PLAIN GOOD ENTERTAINMENT

Author: Allison (Lv2return) from Chicago
26 November 2002

In my opinion, Monk is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. The main characters, detective Adrian Monk (Tony Shalhoub), and his friend and personal assistant, Sharona Fleming (the very talented yet underrated Bitty Schram) are very likeable and well-drawn. More importantly, the episodes are very well-written and highly amusing. I definitely recommend it.

Gotta Watch

Author: Alyssa Sloane from London, England
7 October 2002

This show is awesome..I love the way it is acted out, and how out of the ordinary Monk is. I don't know if I could put up with him (the detective) irl, but its one of the most interesting shows that has been aired recently. This show has its own quirks, and is worth watching if you enjoy reading Robert Parker books. Please, watch this show so it can stay on the air.

Monk is Brilliant

Author: Melody Clark from Somewhere in CA US
31 July 2002

Adrian Monk has OCD in the same way Superman has an allergy to Kryptonite. I LOVE Monk, and this new series underscores how what may seem a "disability" can really be a whole new, wider way of looking at the world. Naturally, he'll need a LOT of help with the disabling aspects, however.

Tony Shalhoub is perfect in this -- every nuance, every moment, every choice is 100%. His empathy with the character is profound, and rather than some quirky stereotype, his Monk is a beautiful, poetic character that will live for a longtime after the petty series characters of modern "hit" television fade away.

Bitty Schram's Sharona is a lovely, warm act of faith, and everyone -- literally everyone -- is perfectly cast.

And along with all this warmth, this is the funniest show to come along in many years.

Ignore the naysayers...watch it.

Pretty good TV movie

Author: douglasp from Madison, WI USA
19 July 2002

I really liked this first episode of Monk and hope that its lasts a few years. Adrian Monk is sort of like Columbo taken to such an extreme, he is unable to function alone. Luckily, he is aided by his nurse, Sharona who sees her self as Lois Lane, but reminds me more of Sister Stevie from Father Dowling Mysteries.

Sharona is a single mom with a son who is either a genius, or just appears to be a genius because he is just smarter then all the adults in his life. Which is a pallor trick when you live in San Francisco. I would say he is probably a genius if he is that smart and attends public school.

Fans of Sci-Fi's First Wave will be pleased to find Crazy Eddie working as a mayor's aid who mistakes Oreos for homemade cookies.

Hopefully, the regular TV show will continue to be as much fun as the first movie, but with less commercials. And more Crazy Eddie.

great show. I watch every time possible. wish it were on more

Author: jlowery_2001 from United States
2 February 2006

Monk is my favorite TV show. I wait for it all week until it's on Friday pm. Is it on any other network besides USA? I will watch the same shows over and over if they're on. I love the all day marathons. I spent the entire day New Years Day watching the Monk Marathon! Tony Shaloub is wonderful and so are all the other characters on the show. I love Capt. Stottlemeier, Lt. Disher, Natalee, Sherona, Dr. Kroeger---all of them. They are a perfect cast. I think I'm a "MONK" addict. My son's mother-in-law who lives out in Oergon also watches every Monk episode. She and I both try to arrange our lives around Monk, so we will be sure to see every episode. I like Tony Shaloub in any role he plays. He was excellent in "Wings" Every time I see something he's playing in I watch it. Joyce Lowery

A Delieght for all ages!

Author: tornadopark from United States
15 June 2005

Not only is monk the most hilarious mystery television show out there, it puts up a great mystery....television will never be the same, now that monk is on weekly. Monk (played by Tony Shalhoub) suffers from an extreme case of obsessive-compulsive Behavior and is also an extreme germaphobic. Monk is an ex-cop whose wife died about 5 or 6 years earlier, in a car bombing. because of that Adrian Monk suffered a complete breakdown. Ever since then his nurse Sharona Fleming,(played by Bitty Schram) has been taking care of him..... I give this TV series TWO THUMBS UP! For those who are looking for a good mystery series thats mostly clean,low profanity, funny, and most of all an intriguing series. don't miss it! 10/10

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]