IMDb > "Koigashitai koigashitai koigashitai" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Great Ensemble and Great Story

Author: dmaddox74 from United States
26 June 2006

First of all who can't relate to the story lines:

A teacher trying to hold on to true love, an insecure actress trying to find herself through love, an impressionable young man seeking his identity through his long lost father while pursuing a relationship with an older woman,a fake writer only skin deep, a young girl trying to win her crush, and a middle age man trying to fulfill his dream of a bakery

I dove into all these characters because of their candid and personable performances. No shame was reserved. I must warn you that I am a sap and I milked all the melodrama for what's is worth.

If you find yourself very practical stay away from this drama, but if you were ever young, or confused about your professional life, or not satisfied with your current circumstances this is drama for you!

Lastly, "Leave Yesterday Behind" is the perfect song for this drama. Recorded by The Carpenters and certainly a more mature pick than the title track, "Rainbow Connection." However, I did have to order The Carpenters CD from Tower because it's very difficult to find and I play both the songs equally and think of Koi ga Shitai.

p.s. if anyone knows where I can buy this drama on DVD with English subtitles please email me

Excellent romantic drama

Author: ebiros2 from United States
28 December 2011

There're seven characters that forms the core of the story. Each one loves the one that loves another in a chain mail fashion. This creates interesting and unusual situation in romance.

Bunpei Midorikawa (Joji Tokoro) is a franchise owner of a Beef Bowl joint. He's attracted to Mikan Nagashima (Miho Kanno) - a maid at a hotel who is attracted to Ryosuke Akai (Atsuro Watabe) who's a school teacher that's sort of attracted to Ai Haneda (Miki Mizuno) who works as a masseuse but is a daughter of a wealthy family who's attracted to Ichiro Shibamura (Mitsuhiro Oikawa) who's a novel writer that can't decide which girl he likes. Wataru Aoshima (Takayuki Yamada) is a high school student who's the son of Bunpei but his mother remarried to another man. He's got to know Orie Kida (Kumiko Okae) who's a customer at Ai's massage salon through a telephone dating site. He lies that he's a advertisement writer that's 29 years old, and Orie tells him that she's a 24 year old flight attendant, but she's really a 42 year old house wife.

All of these characters create a rainbow of romantic story. In fact, if you line up all the acronym of their names, it spells RAINBOW, and each of their names are taken from the color of the rainbow (in Japanese of course).

The story is fantastic as each character who are afraid to be hurt, finds their way through the maze of relationship to find the love they're looking for.

This is an excellent romantic situation comedy that's a must see if you are an Asian drama fan.