IMDb > Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa More at IMDbPro »

Beautiful

Author: Toni SALIBA (toni@saliba.com) from Paris
10 February 2002

It was my first visit to India. I viewed this film in Hindi which I do not understand. But, It was a very big pleasure. Easy to understand. Very amusing, touching, and joyful.

Glorious days of Nadeem Shravan

Author: silvan-desouza from India
7 September 2012

Nadeem Shravan ruled the roost in early 90s slowly they vanished when Anu Malik, Anand Milind were ruling, After DHADKAN, KASOOR they returned big time, those days their every movie soundtrack was a superhit. Yeh Dil Aashiqana is another example of an ordinary film given a boost due to their lifting music. The film had the standard story of 2 lovers who are separated but the treatment by Kuku Kohli makes it a better fare then expected. Least is expected from this film. The film has 2 plots running side by side. One is the college first half(just like PAK and Suhaag Kuku Kohli's earlier films) and the terrorist angle(Aditya Panscholi, Rajat Bedi) The film has a deja-vu feeling throughout but entertains at times

Direction by Kuku Kohli is abv average Music is the best part, I Am in Love, College ki ladkiyon and the final qawwali are awesome numbers.

Karannath(2nd movie) is decent, Jividha Sharma looked okay and acted quite okay Aditya Panscholi is terrific as the villain, Rajat Bedi gives a sincere act, Aruna Irani(her 2nd production after ANARi No.1 both directed by her husband) does her staple diet role Johny Lever is forgettable

There are better movies from Bollywood

Author: tpgsjl98 from United States
16 January 2009

I watched more than half of this movie before I had to finally accept that it wasn't very good. I've watched many Bollywoods and they all typically have a modicum of silliness and unbelievable situations, but this film takes the cake. As previously reviewed the part where Karen is being hunted is so ridiculous its laughable. How anyone could be chased by a helicopter, shot at in open view multiple times, enter a plane of heavily armed terrorists, and be frequently exposed to gun-happy wielding fanatics and still come out of it barely unscathed is ludicrous. There are fighting scenes with people just standing around and WATCHING holding GUNS. One quick shot and it would all be over, but no, they're just standing around looking bored, I guess we're supposed to ignore them and pretend they're not even there.

Aside from all that though I could probably overlook it. However this movie has the worst translation done of any foreign movie I've seen. My favorite caption was instead of terrorists it was written as tourists. Whole lines of conversation weren't captioned and the majority that were were written in a very jumbled form of English that at times wasn't understandable at all. How very disappointing because I enjoyed the actors and the plot. Its a shame the pathetic action parts and subtitles were so lousy.

Bollywood grow up

Author: Akinrotohun Oluwafemi (sweetdoct247@yahoo.com) from Nigeria
18 December 2008

I gave the movie 6/10 because of the interesting story lines, fine songs and wonderfully choreographed dance steps and that's all there is to it. For God's sake I think Bollywood directors should see more of Hollywood's movies on terrorism before making theirs. I don't think Bollywood is ripe for these kinds of movies yet.Wondering why I'm saying all these? For heaven's sake! how can our here rescue a whole plane form fully armed men without been armed himself. HE's so good that he used kicks to dispossesses all the gunmen of their guns that's great!. The fight fight in the plane was not even choreographed well, a kid holding a gun would have killed our hero easily it so much showed that the terrorists just didn't want to touch him.

the shoot out at the birthday party was taking directly out of one of Jet li's movies. I mean the rolling of tables and all that.

U know I also wonder how someone that's already shot in the hand could carry out all those stunts he did why he was being chased. And the helicopter chase was a flop. It was so obvious they didn't want to shoot him and they didn't want him alive either cos the order was to kill him. It was in a desert for God's sake! You know at a point you start asking yourself whether the terrorists are after saving their leader of killing Karan.

All the same the movie was interesting I mean the romance was good I like it but try and step up guys or it might just be advisable for you to limit yourselves to romance movies only