IMDb > Judi Dench: A BAFTA Tribute (2002) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Judi Dench: A BAFTA Tribute (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Emotional, great, unbelievable

Author: Ineke-1 from Kerkrade, Netherlands
12 February 2002

I was lucky enough to stumble across this tribute and it was amazing. The humorous comments of some of my favorite actors and actresses (Kate Winslet, Geoffrey Rush, Joseph Fiennes, Pierce Brosnan, Billy Conolly) and a lovely appearance by Judi Dench made this an unforgettable show.

Judi Dench: A BAFTA Tribute

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
15 January 2008

I have always watched and enjoyed seeing great programmes and films being awarded and nominated on the BAFTA awards, and when this special addition of the programme was repeated at Christmas time, after the great film Mrs. Henderson Presents, I knew I couldn't miss it. Basically Stephen Fry in 2002 presented a special BAFTA ceremony evening dedicated to the career of one of Britain's finest actresses, Dame Judi Dench. The programme included many clips from her various film and television roles, including: As Time Goes By, A Room with a View, Mrs. Brown, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, Shakespeare in Love (which she her won her Oscar for), The World Is Not Enough, Chocolate, Iris, and at the time of recording, "new films" The Shipping News and The Importance of Being Earnest. With contributions from co-stars, friends and fans, including Juliette Binoche, Samantha Bond, Kenneth Branagh, Richard Briers, Jim Broadbent, Pierce Brosnan, Simon Callow, Robert Carlyle, Cher, Billy Connolly, Joseph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Richard E. Grant, Sir Ian McKellen, Geoffrey Palmer, Dame Maggie Smith, Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet, and of course, the fellowship BAFTA award itself from Lord Sir Richard Attenborough. Very good!