« Prev | 12 of 156 Episodes | Next »

Very good, from what I remember

Author: Alban from Montgomery, AL
7 April 2006

This was an educational made-for-TV movie. It was actually the SECOND appearance of Timer. He was in another made-for-TV movie called "I Am Joe's Heart" made about a year earlier and it does not appear on Lennie Weinrib's (Timer's) filmography. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0918396/ It was a similar show, but Joe was about to have a heart attack because he wasn't taking care of himself and Timer was running around panicking.

By contrast, Little Red was in very good shape. She exercised regularly and ate healthy foods. I remember this movie being called "Journey Through Little Red's Head". They may have had an alternate title.

The real star of the show was Timer of course. His job was to keep everything working properly in Little Red's body. At one point she was attacked and she fought back. Adrenaline kicked in, her physical conditioning became of immediate use, and Timer was running everything from within.

I'd like to see this cartoon again. Why can't they just play it on a Sunday afternoon or something?

Educational & Entertaining

Author: Mike Gaines (mgaines@proaxis.com) from Corvallis, OR
24 July 2002

Why aren't ALL the educational cartoons from the mid-70s available on DVD yet?

I believe this cartoon was part of a government initiative to bring more educational programming to TV -- the same initiative that gave us "School House Rock", Captain O.G. Readmore ('a readin' kinda cat') and a cartoon about the founding fathers (may have been called "Spirit of '76, but I can't remember for certain).

All of these aired on ABC from the early to mid-70s.

This cartoon in particular taught about bodily functions and the importance of nutrition, etc.

It also gave us "Timer" (voiced by HR Pufnstuf, Lennie Weinrib), who also apperaed in several follow-up intersticials on ABC Saturday mornings that taught us how to make "Wagon Wheels" and "Sunshine on a Stick."

Remember this...?

"Since 6 o'clock last night you haven't eaten a bite. C'mon I'll show you why that's not the way for a growing boy(?) to start a busy day...."

RELEASE THESE PROGRAMS NOW! (For the sake of the children)