IMDb > Just Married (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Just Married

Just Married More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 21: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Good date movie, funny with some serious undertones

Author: kappnel from Reading, Pa
18 January 2003

This movie is an excellent date movie. IT's constantly funny with some serious romantic undertones if you look closely enough. Although not appearing as such, this move is far more in the realm of Romantic-Comedy than many would believe. All in all, it is a very good film: well acted, good comedic timing, and great chemistry between Kutcher and Murphy. I gave it an 8-9

Have you seen all the promos for it? Yeah?? Then you've seen the movie.

Author: gusmcrae from Maryland Heights, Missouri
17 January 2003

I wasn't expecting much going into this movie. I have read numerous reviews of the movie and none had a positive word to say. I have to say for once I agree with those negative reviews.

It's not that the movie is that horrible. It's mediocre, but certainly not a horrible way to spend a couple of hours. The main problem is that for anyone who's seen any of the movie's promos, there is nothing left of the story that they aren't already familiar with. The whole plot is laid out by the promos, and nearly every major scene has been shown in one promo at least.

There, now that I have complained about that (a very common problem with many movies, but especially bad in this one) I can make the positive comments. Ashton Kutcher is good in a role that isn't a total doofus like the other movies/tv shows we've seen him in. I'd like to see him stretch some more of his dramatic acting chops. Brittany Murphey is cute in the movie. She's a great actress and not truly challenged by this movie, but she pulls off the cuteness very well.

I'm going to give the movie 3 out of 5. It's ok. There are laughs, but most are spoiled by the previews. The humor is mostly juvenile, but what could you really expect. This isn't Shakespeare.

Funny...at times

Author: outtafide_115 from Beaumont, Alberta
17 January 2003

This attempt at a romantic comedy unfortunetly falls short, although it does have some funny points, and a bit of acting talent. Unfortunetly, the problem with this movie is the weak character development, and the improbability of the emotions of these characters. I find it hard to believe that B. Murphy would be laughing through the majority of her failed Honey-moon. The movie never truly develops the characters. Instead, they just meet, get together, and eventually, marry, and take off on a honey-moon in Europe. However, this movie does have some funny parts, and although the entire movie is based around the fact that this experience turns out to be one big mess, it presents this mess in a comedic fashion. If you're a fan of a movie where everything goes wrong, this is your kind of show. 3/5

Great chemistry leads to a fine romantic comedy

Author: zachthemaniac from Los Angeles, CA
16 January 2003

There's an old saying that goes something like this..."be who you are." Well, this film is what it is. A fine romantic comedy with spirited performances and handful of heart.

Sure there was a ton of ridiculous physical comedy with Kutcher and Murphy being knocked all over the world, but putting that stuff aside, I found this film to be refreshing. From Kutcher's right on portrayal of your typical American 20-something who loves sports and women better, to Murphy's giddy and life-loving character, this film was like a cool ocean breeze.

It's certainly no epic like many of the films coming out right now, it doesn't even pretend to be something great, but you have to appreciate the performances these two fine young actors put out there. I can't help but appreciate a film that wants to make you feel good, remind you what love is, and doesn't do those things with a sarcastic undertone. This film was silly, but respected it's characters with meaningful dialogue and a feesable storyline.

There are many laughs in the film. From the classic pre-marriage scene when Kutcher tells his best man, "your the worst best man ever," to Murphy's discovery of the curious red bra in their honeymoon suite, this film will not leave you void of chuckles.

A nice little film like this could possibly make your day.

A Great Film to See on a Depressing Day

Author: StarCastle99 from Las Vegas, NV
16 January 2003

Have I missed something? Where is it written that every film has to be an epic or Academy Award stature? This film was sponge cake, and if you've had a tough day, it might just put a smile on your face. Critics are paid to criticize. They are not filmmakers. They want longish convoluted plots about people suffering from some waisting disease or love affairs between couples that should have never been born. They are pseudo-intellectuals who want you to think that a little farce is beneath their notice. This film was just that. A light weight farce about a honeymoon from Hell. It made me laugh. Maybe that makes me a moron. By the way, I also like Laurel and Hardy. Perhaps that makes me an enlightened moron!

Cute Movie...

Author: Thonolan3 from Port Huron MI
16 January 2003

This isn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it is fun to watch. At times, it is very funny, due to genuine chemistry between the two leads. I'm usually not into slapstick, but hey, this is good slapstick. This movie would probably be enjoyed best by those who liked "Orange County" and loved "Rat Race". If you are one of those people, then you should get a kick out of this movie.

Hit and miss comedy

Author: Ken Buck (kenrbuck@juno.com) from Ohio
16 January 2003

The comedy in this movie is nothing original. Slamming heads into doors, crashing through walls, driving a funny car. 'Not Another Teen Movie' has more comedic presence than this film. Don't waste your time, money, and/or energy on this bomb.

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed

Author: scipantheist from Ohio
15 January 2003

I have seen some rather harsh criticism of this film. Let's face it, aside from Woody Allen's films, modern comedies are mostly purile trash. This film is no different, but it does try to give us a semblance of a story to make our viewing worthwhile. The first hour of the film is funny enough that it should make up for the inevitable crash and burn. Fortunately, the gross-outs are kept to a bare minimum, and aside from some rather mean-spirited behavior on the part of Ashton Kutcher, it's all fairly innocuous. What I would like to see is more films aim for this level of achievement rather than sluming like Adam Sandler's never ending stream of garbage. We can and should expect at least this level of quality.

Not Horrible

Author: ThankGodImCute from Somewhere Over The Rainbow
14 January 2003

This movie wasn't bad. It had a very cute premise, two newlyweds on the honeymoon from hell. Kutcher and Murphy had really good chemistry and were both extremely likable. I had a great audience that laughed at every little joke and seemed to be enjoying themselves. This movie is fun if you're in the right mood. I know if I woulf have watched it on a day when I wasn't so sleepy I would have positively loved it. This is a light, corny silly little movie that you should watch as a perfect end to a perfect day.6/10

Hilarious

Author: LILYLIKOU from Miami, Florida
14 January 2003

This movie was so funny! I crack up every time I think about how funny Ashton Kutcher and Brittney Murphy were together. I would give this movie a ten thousand if I could, but the highest I can, is ten, so I give it a ten. Go see this movie, you'll cry from laughing so hard! Just married is the funniest movie I've seen in a really long time, and I think it is the funniest.