IMDb > Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Page 9 of 56: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Such Brilliant Rubbish

Author: Andrew Hutchings from Calne, England
16 July 2003

This is the only 'blockbuster' I've seen so far this summer, and although it is mindless and downright insulting, it is, after all, typical Hollywood, and I can't imagine any red-blooded males not liking this bum-fest. Lucy Lui, whilst I still don't like her, shows her athleticism. Cameron Diaz displays her charismatic and infectious charms, and is very brave in one of her guises (looking about as sexy as Nora Batty). And Drew Barrymore, of 'ET' fame, now becomes 'ET', or rather an enigmatic totty. She hasn't got Cameron Diaz's star quality, but she more than makes up for it in her inimitable cute- but- sexy guise. Not a half bad plot, if you can call it that; some dubious CGI effects; a strange but compelling soundtrack (I especially liked the Pink Panther section!); and some good supporting villains. Justin Theroux has a classic one-liner after disposing of the 'thin man', a joke which Groucho Marx would have been proud to have spouted. Overall, enjoyable brainless fun, and even John Cleese manages to be reasonably funny again, after all those years of frowns. 6/10. And well done, black Bosley. Such an improvement on Bill Murray. And this is far better than the original. Nothing much to say about Demi Moore, except that I thought Jaclyn Smith looked better, in spite of the vast age difference.

Best film of the summer.

Author: moviewatcherkid from Las Vegas, Nevada
16 July 2003

Charlie's Angels:Full Throttle is the Best Movie of the Summer. It has awesome action & Hilarious jokes. And great additions to the cast including Demi Moore & Bernie Mac. This is 2x as good as the first. This is the Best Movie of the year & one of the best movies of all time. A++++++++++++++++

Waste of time and money

Author: OP_Fiction from Australia
16 July 2003

I dont no how any directer could cast these three in a movie togeather and after the first piece of crap they made for a movie i was surprised they even bothered to make it. The only thing that i think they thought they had going was that the actresses were hot but there not and the only thing is in the movie was the Farrari Demi got to drive Demi is the only real actresses in the film and if she done a striptease in the middle of the film it still wouldn't liven up the film. What a waste of time and a waste of money and resources where got direction could be doing something decent in stead of makeing this piece of S##T.

Newo

Alright

Author: Armyprincess
15 July 2003

..This movie was cool and quite entertaining although the plot was utterly confusing. The only reason i actually liked CA2 was because Shia Labeouf was in it for like 2 minutes. if you're looking for a movie with a lot of fake action and sexy ladies then you probably don't wanna miss this one.

i give it a 2/10 (the two minutes Shia was in) haha

Utter crap and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Author: Stu Chandler (chanelit-1) from London, England
14 July 2003

I know my summary might be a contradiction in terms, but so is the movie! It has no real plot or character development and is just one long series of action sequences, but is done with such a sense of fun that it's pure brain-out enjoyment.

The angels are out to get two rings back, which when put together unlock the names of all those on the Witness Protection Program. Cue many fight scenes, dirtbike racing (possibly the most over the top sequence of the entire film) and much mayhem.

Leave your brain firmly at the door before you go in, sit back and just enjoy it for what it is - mindless entertainment. Certainly the best fun I've had in the cinema for a while.

Charlies Angels :Rocks

Author: pink_angel_mel (melanie6790@optusnet.com.au) from Australie
14 July 2003

Charlies angels #1 was one of the best movies i had ever seen. I remember hiring it out on dvd and watching it with my best friend. then i made my mum buy it for me. So i was stoked to hear about full throttle. I went to see it on the first day it opened and i loved it 100%. Charlies Angels makes me want to be an angel, and since i have seen full throttle i have had a greater liking to cameron diaz, lucy liu, drew barrymore, demi moore and pink. Why you ask? Because the movie was really really REALLY good.

One user said that demi moore only did it cause she owed some one a favour, but if i was demi moore i would of been BEGGING to play Madison. Matt Le Blanc is soooo funny and Justin Theroux looks sooooo hot as Seamus, honestly maaan...YUMMY!!! I loved every bit especially in 'The Treasure Chest' My fav bit is definatly the moter - cycle bit! I mean how sexc do they look? I wanna be just like these angels, they are soo cool and the movies 100% ROCKS and i absoulty LOVE their clothes!! If you didnt enjoy charlies angels i suggest its because your a loser...

It's not bad if you liked the first.

Author: Rynn from AB, Calgary
14 July 2003

There is no doubt in my mind that if you did not like the first Charlie's Angels movie you won't like this one much better. This movie is similar to the first one with the exception of a bit more character development. It is not a bad movie if you like mindless action although I found that the sexual innuendoes become a bit tedious after a while. Unless you are a Charlie's Angels fan I recommend that you wait until this one comes to video.

Trash

Author: kingrollo from Palo Alto, CA
13 July 2003

What an incredible trash movie. The only bright moments are the appearences of John Cleese. No wonder, since he seems to be the only real actor on the cast. Otherwise, nothing but a long braindead MTV video. So anything this movie has going for it? Sure, T&A galore, but face it: an issue of Playboy is cheaper, and much less of a waste of time. But then again, John Cleese isn't in Playboy.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - Scannain.com

Author: Niall Murphy from Ireland
13 July 2003

Directed by McG, starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Demi Moore, Bernie Mac, John Cleese, Justin Theroux, Matt LeBlanc, Luke Wilson and Crispin Glover.

Once upon a time, after a very long time, three lady detectives made the jump from the TV to cinemas. When they did, they brought in one of the biggest hits of 2000 with $124m, and inspired just as many arguments as they had on the small screen about which one of them was the coolest/hottest. Now that they're back for another tug on the cash cow, you can have that argument all over again - but it could prove more memorable than this disappointing sequel.

After a gag-filled - but CGI overloaded - opening dust-up in Mongolia, the Angels (Diaz, Barrymore and Liu) are sent to track down two rings containing the new identities of police informants. Mixed-up in this mixed-up plot are a former angel (Moore), an 'Irish' mobster (Theroux) who looks like he spends most of his time at punk gigs and the first movies villain, The Thin Man (Glover).

With such a flimsy storyline, stitched around one setpiece after another, '.Full Throttle' runs out of juice the faster it tries to reach a conclusion. Bernie Mac (as the new Bosley) and John Cleese (as one of the Angels' dads) are too funny not to see more of, a very hot/cool Demi Moore deserved far more screen time and the action scenes are so cartoonish you'll give up on them long before the final Hollywood showdown.

Director McG and the scriptwriters peddle some nice in-jokes (send-ups of 'CSI' and 'Cape Fear', references to 'Grease', 'The Blues Brothers' and 'M:I2') but never get a handle on turning a great cast and a few decent one-liners and into a fully-formed film. You could chop most of it into three-minute segments, add music and show the results on MTV and there's nothing to suggest that three years down the line either you or these angels should come back for more.

Nice outfits, though.

The only movie I almost walked out on in 2003

Author: Larry Smith from USA
13 July 2003

This has to be one of the dumbest moviest I have ever seen.

Some of the scenarios are totally impossible (helicopter), making me feel duped. High tech is okay, but the E.T. fantasy (re flying bicycles) type garbage insults me.

The childish humor is definitely potty oriented. Writers should go back to their jobs at the shoe store.

The only thing that saves this mess from the Delsey tissue is the occasional cutesy posturing of Cameron.

On the scale of 1-10, this is definitely below the waterline.