IMDb > Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Page 9 of 55: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

so unrealistic, so dumb

Author: pyrocks from Israel
16 July 2003

this movie and the action scenes are so unrealistic that they tend to disappoint you over and over again. the fighting scenes were so bad as if they were taken from the Super Street Fighter 2 pc game (very old). if it weren't for the babes and for the funny parts (which doesn't come too much or too often), i'd say this movie sucks big time.

WHAT A HEAVENLY RIDE!!!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
16 July 2003

Man, this sequel was worth the wait in the making! Having all the "Angels" back to do another "Charlie's Angels" movie was a godsend. This was a rollercoaster of a movie, more fighting, more action sequence, and more humor as well. Having Bernie Mac as Bosley was awesome, it's a shame that Bill Murray had stepped out of this one. Unlike the latter one, Full Throttle was much more diverse. Demi Moore was awesome playing the "dark angel" Madison Lee. Her body is still hot after all the pregnancies she went through. At the end Madison Lee went from angel to DEMON! Simply because she let her pride get it the way. Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu have improved their characters in the movie as well. I liked it when Cameron was dancing to Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" and she wasn't bad at all! Drew Barrymore kicked butt in wrestling and she really took it to the max while driving Bigfoot! Lucy Liu is HOT, I wouldn't mind hanging around her. Although she says she scares men. Pink really puts the "A" in Attitude! The Olsen Twins (Ashley & Mary-Kate) were good at playing "angels". What was really awesome is when they casted my all-time favorite angel Kelly Garrett played by Jaclyn Smith. Giving guidence to Dylan, and help out her friends. I want to give thanks to McG for doing that Two thumbs up! So Cameron, Drew, and Lucy, if you're up to Charlie's Angels 3, please do it I'M WAITING! Full Throttle was much more fun than the first, and it makes 70's nostalia a memerable experience to any age. ROCK ON! 9.5 OUT OF 10!

Alright

Author: Armyprincess
15 July 2003

..This movie was cool and quite entertaining although the plot was utterly confusing. The only reason i actually liked CA2 was because Shia Labeouf was in it for like 2 minutes. if you're looking for a movie with a lot of fake action and sexy ladies then you probably don't wanna miss this one.

i give it a 2/10 (the two minutes Shia was in) haha

Utter crap and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Author: Stu Chandler (chanelit-1) from London, England
14 July 2003

I know my summary might be a contradiction in terms, but so is the movie! It has no real plot or character development and is just one long series of action sequences, but is done with such a sense of fun that it's pure brain-out enjoyment.

The angels are out to get two rings back, which when put together unlock the names of all those on the Witness Protection Program. Cue many fight scenes, dirtbike racing (possibly the most over the top sequence of the entire film) and much mayhem.

Leave your brain firmly at the door before you go in, sit back and just enjoy it for what it is - mindless entertainment. Certainly the best fun I've had in the cinema for a while.

Charlies Angels :Rocks

Author: pink_angel_mel (melanie6790@optusnet.com.au) from Australie
14 July 2003

Charlies angels #1 was one of the best movies i had ever seen. I remember hiring it out on dvd and watching it with my best friend. then i made my mum buy it for me. So i was stoked to hear about full throttle. I went to see it on the first day it opened and i loved it 100%. Charlies Angels makes me want to be an angel, and since i have seen full throttle i have had a greater liking to cameron diaz, lucy liu, drew barrymore, demi moore and pink. Why you ask? Because the movie was really really REALLY good.

One user said that demi moore only did it cause she owed some one a favour, but if i was demi moore i would of been BEGGING to play Madison. Matt Le Blanc is soooo funny and Justin Theroux looks sooooo hot as Seamus, honestly maaan...YUMMY!!! I loved every bit especially in 'The Treasure Chest' My fav bit is definatly the moter - cycle bit! I mean how sexc do they look? I wanna be just like these angels, they are soo cool and the movies 100% ROCKS and i absoulty LOVE their clothes!! If you didnt enjoy charlies angels i suggest its because your a loser...

It's not bad if you liked the first.

Author: Rynn from AB, Calgary
14 July 2003

There is no doubt in my mind that if you did not like the first Charlie's Angels movie you won't like this one much better. This movie is similar to the first one with the exception of a bit more character development. It is not a bad movie if you like mindless action although I found that the sexual innuendoes become a bit tedious after a while. Unless you are a Charlie's Angels fan I recommend that you wait until this one comes to video.

The only movie I almost walked out on in 2003

Author: Larry Smith from USA
13 July 2003

This has to be one of the dumbest moviest I have ever seen.

Some of the scenarios are totally impossible (helicopter), making me feel duped. High tech is okay, but the E.T. fantasy (re flying bicycles) type garbage insults me.

The childish humor is definitely potty oriented. Writers should go back to their jobs at the shoe store.

The only thing that saves this mess from the Delsey tissue is the occasional cutesy posturing of Cameron.

On the scale of 1-10, this is definitely below the waterline.

Trash

Author: kingrollo from Palo Alto, CA
13 July 2003

What an incredible trash movie. The only bright moments are the appearences of John Cleese. No wonder, since he seems to be the only real actor on the cast. Otherwise, nothing but a long braindead MTV video. So anything this movie has going for it? Sure, T&A galore, but face it: an issue of Playboy is cheaper, and much less of a waste of time. But then again, John Cleese isn't in Playboy.

Almost unwatchable

Author: Sleel
13 July 2003

The plot (what there was of it) was trying to go in multiple directions at the same time. The comedy made use of hackneyed and offensive stereotypes (barbarous Mongolians, dumb blacks) or smirky in-jokes about the girls, who have a whopping one film history together, which is not nearly enough for self-referential humor.

The action scenes were horrible distortions of reality. I mean, I can suspend disbelief for most movies, but villains who can fly simply by wearing a dress with big sleeves and a full skirt, people dodging bullets by flipping away from them, a full-speed car crash (including ejection from the crash) with only a couple of scrapes to show for it, and girls jump-kicking guys who mass twice what they do to project them 5 to 10 meters away and then landing in the exact same spot they jumped from is a little too much. Being bludgeoned by such blatant unreality doesn't produce suspense or even "kewlnis", it produces laughter.

If this movie had for one second taken itself even a little bit seriously, it would have been unwatchable. The only thing that made it tolerable was that everyone involved treated the movie as one big joke. The only real humor of the movie -as opposed to a gag or the hilariously bad special effects- was the dialog sequence with Matt LeBlanc and John Cleese, where a mistaken premise by Cleese makes LeBlanc's "innocent" remarks have a double meaning. I suspect that dialog was written by Cleese as it seems to have some of the hallmarks of his style.

If you want to see a stupid "action" movie, with indestructible heroines and yet more effects-enhanced extreme sports crap thrown in to appeal to those who actually care, this is the movie for you. If you want real humor, a plot, excitement, thrills, or anything that will engage more brain cells than necessary to make your eyes track movement, see something else. It's a slightly entertaining movie that misses getting a vote of two only by virtue of its not pretending to be more than it is; dumb entertainment. 3/10

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - Scannain.com

Author: Niall Murphy from Ireland
13 July 2003

Directed by McG, starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Demi Moore, Bernie Mac, John Cleese, Justin Theroux, Matt LeBlanc, Luke Wilson and Crispin Glover.

Once upon a time, after a very long time, three lady detectives made the jump from the TV to cinemas. When they did, they brought in one of the biggest hits of 2000 with $124m, and inspired just as many arguments as they had on the small screen about which one of them was the coolest/hottest. Now that they're back for another tug on the cash cow, you can have that argument all over again - but it could prove more memorable than this disappointing sequel.

After a gag-filled - but CGI overloaded - opening dust-up in Mongolia, the Angels (Diaz, Barrymore and Liu) are sent to track down two rings containing the new identities of police informants. Mixed-up in this mixed-up plot are a former angel (Moore), an 'Irish' mobster (Theroux) who looks like he spends most of his time at punk gigs and the first movies villain, The Thin Man (Glover).

With such a flimsy storyline, stitched around one setpiece after another, '.Full Throttle' runs out of juice the faster it tries to reach a conclusion. Bernie Mac (as the new Bosley) and John Cleese (as one of the Angels' dads) are too funny not to see more of, a very hot/cool Demi Moore deserved far more screen time and the action scenes are so cartoonish you'll give up on them long before the final Hollywood showdown.

Director McG and the scriptwriters peddle some nice in-jokes (send-ups of 'CSI' and 'Cape Fear', references to 'Grease', 'The Blues Brothers' and 'M:I2') but never get a handle on turning a great cast and a few decent one-liners and into a fully-formed film. You could chop most of it into three-minute segments, add music and show the results on MTV and there's nothing to suggest that three years down the line either you or these angels should come back for more.

Nice outfits, though.