IMDb > Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Page 7 of 56: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Just awful!

Author: KMeister1 from Western US
25 May 2005

The first "Charlie's Angels" movie was a bit of brainless fun, but "Full Throttle" went nowhere fast. The plot, such as it was, had something to do with the women trying to recover two rings containing the names of people in the Witness Protection Program. The film contained lots of action and lots of wardrobe changes for the leads but who cares? And Bernie Mac, who is usually funny, just stank up every scene he was in. (Nothing wrong with having an African American "Bosley," but give him some decent material.) The action scenes were so preposterous that they made me roll my eyes. Yes, the three leads and Demi Moore all looked great, but even that wasn't enough to save this junk. Avoid at all cost!

An insult to the TV series

Author: Toxic_Sausage from Chicago
2 May 2004

This is a nice example of the garbage that comes out of Hollywood. I remember the the TV show from the 70's and to see it become an MTV video for the big screen is a shame. This almost as bad as the hacking of "Starsky & Hutch," another great series.

To still insist they fight as if the girls were in "The Matrix" is old and boring. That whole scene in the beginning when they drove off the dam into a helicopter was pathetic. There is no integrity in this film because it is not believable at any point...

Don't waste your time...

2 out of 10

Strong contender for worst movie ever made

Author: Dimme from Norway
8 April 2004

Director McG sure know how to shoot a slick scene. He just doesn't understand why. This movie (and I'm using the term loosely) is entertainment for and by people with attention deficit syndrome.

Directed as a never ending pop video it's the movie substitute for lying on the couch watching MTV.

The pop music drones in the background every second of the movie as gorgeous babes kick ass i slow motion. It's Bay Watch with a budget.

Plot, development, build-up and dialog are elements usually found in most movies. They are as alien to this flick as it is devoid of entertainment value. Incoherent, badly edited action sequences tied together with awkward one-liners as substitute for dialog constitutes what can be called the "structure" of this movie. That is, to the extent this movie has any structure. It is a celebration of the end of cinema.

Not stylish but vulgar. Not entertaining but embarrassing. Not fun but sad.

Star studded as any action flick I've ever seen, it was fascinating for me to watch the extent and speed that this move wastes and disposes talent. Anybody who appears on screen in this stinker should be ashamed of themselves. Kudos to the producers for coating pure sh**e with enough sugar so that mindless teenagers will suck it down without noticing it's real taste.

I weep for this movie.

This Film Needs Throttled With A Baseball Bat.

Author: Python Hyena from Canada
9 July 2015

Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle (2003): Dir: McG / Cast: Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, Demi Moore, Bernie Mac: Sequel that should be throttled with a baseball bat. Opening scene would fit perfectly in a James Bond film but here it looks plain stupid. It involves the theft and retrieval of two rings that contain secret information. Then the narrow escape follows as a truck goes over a bridge and the Angels land in a helicopter. Then there is the escape criminal connected with Drew Barrymore's past. Cameron Diaz is waiting for her dipstick boyfriend to propose. Lucy Liu's father visits unaware of her real job. The only good performance comes from Demi Moore as an evil Angel who states, "I'm tired of taking orders from a speaker box." She is ideal casting and pulls off a surprise victory until it is diminished when she shoots all three Angels only to discover that they had on bulletproof vests. That is conveniently pathetic and perhaps the single worst element in a long list of bad issues that is wrong with this garbage. Bernie Mac replaces Bill Murray who wisely avoided a second helping of this bullshit. Filmed like a music video by McG going fully high tech in production with little evidence of a screenwriter. He made the first film, which isn't much better. Both films should be throttled with a tire iron and buried somewhere where they will never surface again. Score: 1 ½ / 10

Killer, huh? I just got so excited. When it's big like that I just love to ride it hard and rough.

Author: Ben Larson from Leesburg, FL
14 May 2011

A Razzie for Demi Moore, and Razzie nominations for just about everyone else, including the picture itself. Hogwash!

I cannot think of the time when I was absolutely glued to the screen. There wasn't a second in this film that wasn't a thrill to watch. Come on, folks, did you think you were watching Citizan Kane or Grand Illusion, or Bicycle Thieves?

While the movie is never going to be considered a work of art, it is not kitsch either.

Forget about plot development. Whatever plot there was was just to provide an excuse for the entertainment, and entertainment it was. Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu were over the top. No one could realistically think they could stand the punishment meted out to them and not be a mass of quivering jelly. No one could believe that there was always something handy to get them out of a scrape. And, certainly no one could believe that Matt LeBlanc or Luke Wilson could be serious love interests.

It was PG-13 for the kiddies, and almost an R for those who watched closely. Great entertainment that had me glued for almost two hours.

I have to add that any film that features John Cleese is never a waste of time.

I don't know what I just saw... "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" is entertaining, but way too dumb...

Author: MaximumMadness from United States
19 September 2009

I never saw the 2000 movie reboot of the sort-of classic "Charlie's Angels" TV-show in its entirety. I saw most of it, but it was far too silly to hold my attention. Thus, a few years later, when the sequel came out, I wasn't really jumping out of my seat to see it. But I picked up a used copy of the DVD for $3 about a year ago, and I must say... What did I watch?

Beauty and talent is certainly present in spades in "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", with a cast that boasts Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Lucy Lui (as the three angels) and my personal favorite actress of the lot, Demi Moore. The angels, adjusting to changing lives, are charming together, but oftentimes their friendship does seem forced and overplayed. The late (and great) Bernie Mac does a good job as the replacement for Bill Murray's Bosely. And Moore is great as the sexy villainess, a former angel turned bad.

Crispin Glover also returns as his freakish villain from the first film, which was nice but overdone.

You may notice I skipped a plot synopsis and went straight to commenting on the actors- this is intentional, as there was no discernible plot from what I could tell. Something about rings that for some reason hold the names of all the people using the Witness Protection Services (because apparently a USB Flash-Drive or a blank CD-R was too much), and how the angels have to duel various baddies in order to get them... blah, blah, blah.

Basically, the film's premise is a big excuse to show the angels shooting things and blowing set-pieces up while wearing sexy outfits that show off their bums, breasts and legs. That's literally the sole purpose of this film. This is especially apparent in a lengthy scene involving the Pussycat Dolls dancing with the angels for almost too long (I almost suffered sensory overload!), all in an effort to steal some keys from a bad-guy... A scene that could very well have been completed off-screen, or with a single five-second shot.

The action in the film is well-shot, but like the first film, director McG (gotta love a guy whose name is only 3 letters) relies too much on CG and tacky, overused effects, like "Bullet Time." I'll admit, Bullet Time was cool when I first saw it in "Blade", and the following year's "The Matrix" made it a revolutionary new way to display action, but since those two movies, it has become yet another lame convention of films, that is just way too overdone. Wire-Fu is also done to death here, and by the end of the film, I just wished that the characters would have an old-fashioned gun-duel like in the old Western classics, because I was almost unable to stomach another goofy "Hiya! Kia! Ha!" filled scene of beautiful women inexplicably flying through the air like birds.

I may be complaining a lot, but I will say, the film isn't all that bad. It certainly is filled with a lot of eye-candy, and there are lots of pretty things to look at on-screen. Also, the cast is very talented, and I must admit that I am a fan of Moore and Barrymore. Also, the film has almost a tad of the "so bad, it's kinda good" vibe you get with certain films. But all-in-all, it's utterly forgettable fluff. And while I usually like the fluff (I'm the guy who had a fun time seeing the third "Mummy" film, after all), there comes a point where enough is enough. When I've seen 100 minutes of nothing more than vibrant colors and scantily clad women, yet not had a single laugh, and only a few "wows", then something is wrong.

I'm gonna give "Charlie's Angel's: Full Throttle" a 4 out of 10. Rent it if you'd like, but don't expect much of anything.

Well... it looked nice .....

Author: knowledge from England
26 July 2003

Playing like a music video spliced with a fighting game, Charlies angels: full throttle is straight up eye candy, a film designed specifically to showcase a whole bunch of visually impressive things and though its not bad for being this way , it doesn't make for an 100 percent satisfying viewing experience .

The films main problem is that the tons of action and craziness on display is so frequent and superficial that you merely watch the film and acknowledge the fact that everything looks nice rather than get drawn into the film and be gripped by it .Also , the films climax isn't as satisfying as the likeably over the top one in the original and Bernie Mack doesn't get a proper chance to showcase his comedy styling the way Bill Murray did in part 1 .

There are some high points though, like the titular angels who make sexy and bubbly heroes. Also, the fight sequence in which the angels do battle with a bunch of evil sailors is impressive. On the comedic side of things, the stand out funny moments are a running joke in which Natalie's dad totally misinterprets descriptions of his daughters line of work and the fate of the guy who makes the mistake of slapping Dylan's bum.

On the whole, the film is a loud collection of action sequences and comedy sketches. And since not every colourful chunk of the film is really anything special , Charlie's angels 2 emerges as a colourful but unsatisfying viewing experience.

Sorry, but you don't get two free passes

Author: Walls Of Jericho from New England
22 July 2003

I liked the original Charlie's Angels movie, but this one just pushes it's luck. It's even more ridiculously fast paced and quick cutting than the first, and there seems to be a lot of little things going on that only the director and the cast know but don't let us see. Elaborate setups are made for minor plot points, and in some instances, there are shots that don't seem to have any connection whatsoever to what's going on. Granted, the chicks are hotter than ever, but as far as the movie itself, it's actually kind of annoying. It's short attention span theater to the max.

Got what I expected

Author: ursirius from California, USA
22 July 2003

Infantile fun with the three giggling geese. Enjoyed it and accepted the movie for what it was, silly, stupid and fun. If you are looking for Oscar material, then you must be lost. The scene in the Mongolian Bar was fun and got a chuckle out of all of us.

Entertaining, but maybe two movies are enough.

Author: Victor Field from London, England
20 July 2003

The first movie was thin on plot, but good fun all round; "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" (a subtitle which, other than maybe referring to the movie's pace, has a lot less to do with the movie than its original subtitle "Halo") is a case of the same as before but lesser than before.

With Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu back in front of the camera (as Natalie, Dylan and Alex) and McG back behind it, the movie also restores all the elements the first one had - rapid-fire editing, glitzy shooting, wildly over-the-top action, endless songs on the soundtrack, our heroines being as sexy as possible etc., etc. - but the strands of gossamer that writers John August (also back from the first movie), Cormac Wibberley and Marianne Wibberley ("I Spy," "The 6th Day") call a plot are puffed out by some attempts to be... ulp... serious. Basically, the movie suffers whenever it takes time out to look at the personal lives of our Angels (Natalie's moved in with a guy, Alex's visiting her father - John Cleese of all people - and, admittedly the one most tied in to the alleged plot, Dylan's ex is out of prison), and the tongue-in-cheek humour that was one of the original movie's main virtues is reduced as a result, not least in some of the battle scenes; sometimes it feels like you're watching two different movies.

"Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" also brings up reminiscences of several different movies and TV shows, sometimes deliberately (Lucy's [and the movie's] very first line of dialogue - "Get off the babysitter" - is from "Risky Business"; one sequence is in homage to "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"), other times less so (the major stunt in the opening titles is pinched from "GoldenEye," although it actually seems less ridiculous than it did there, probably because this entire movie is so outlandish that it fits right in... unlike the attempts to be serious). Unfortunately, the series this movie is most reminiscent of is McG's own "Fastlane," which though enjoyable enough was hardly a model for a great movie.

Bill Murray is also sorely missed (Bernie Mac isn't really a good substitute), and the only reason Demi Moore isn't the worst thing about the movie is that Pink is in it. (And never mind Miss Moore's flesh-baring; an uncredited Jaclyn Smith [briefly reprising her series role as Kelly, the only Angel to stay the course from beginning to end, in a scene that plays like a cameo on "The Simpsons" - complete with Dylan saying "Kelly Garrett!"] is the REAL flagbearer for the still-hot-over-the-age-of-40 in this movie.) It won't stand up to close scrutiny, but it wasn't designed for that; it's best to just sit back and let it wash over you, and it'll do its job. And it does it pretty well in the end.

In any case, it's hard for me to slate a movie with Cameron Diaz impersonating M.C. Hammer, or one which features the ladies showing Christina Aguilera a thing or 50 about strutting about in revealing lingerie (set to "The Pink Panther" yet). Just do "S.W.A.T." seriously, that's all I ask.