IMDb > Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 2 of 56:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Brutal.

Author: Rooster99 from Paris, France
21 October 2003

Hahaha! Oh my God this movie was so bad it was hilarious! The whole helicopter sequence was pathetic, but it is Charlie's Angels after all. It's not like they were trying to make Gone with the Wind. But CA2 really is pathetic. All the cartoon violence, the idiotic costumes, the non-existent plot, the obviously fake nudity, it is a complete waste of time. It's also not at all entertaining, even though you know it's supposed to be stupid. You just get that "Oh my God is this movie moronic" feeling over and over again. The guy who flips upside down to shoot the Angels from his dirt bike! HAHAHAHAH! Man, that was terrific! And I am pretty sure it was supposed to be cool as opposed to completely stupid, but I could be wrong.

I doubt it's the worst movie of the year. There is a lot of eye candy in this film, it has to be better than Gigli (which I haven't seen). If you can get over the utter stupidity, you might be able to sit through half of it before you have to either get out of the theatre or eject the DVD. At least if you buy the DVD you can take your time getting through the whole thing. It's so bad it's likely going to take 4 or 5 tries. But you could invite the guys over just to make fun of it! At least with the first CA, it was completely hokey the way the Angels beat up entire armies of baddies, but it attempted to maintain some modicum of believability. CA2 is just an out and out cartoon fantasy. Totally uneven, terribly fake action sequences, really just an extended music video with bad jokes, bad acting, and bad action sequences. I loved the part where Drew gets kicked in the teeth 3 times in a row by the big bad baddie and shakes it off. HAHAHAHAHA! Man she's tough! (NOT)

Waste of time. I'll give it a 3 out of 10, one for each Angel just because they are willing to debase themselves with this utter drivel. Now that takes courage!

Bad

Author: Enkidu278 from United States
29 October 2003

This movie lacks anything worthwhile. The story is rehash and the cinematics get annoying within the first ten minutes. Constant closeups and slow motion get too aggravating that this movie looses its entertainment value very quickly.

Although whenever one watches a movie, a bit of "suspension of reality" is to be expected. But with this movie, it becomes laughable and lame. I had flashbacks of watching "The Core" with some of the cheesier moments.

Outrageously great romp of fun, action and comedy!

Author: MadWatch from Canada
1 July 2003

If you haven't read the person's review that stated "For those that 'get it'....", then read that one. That reviewer states some good points.

Commenting that the movie lacks plot, is cliched, is 'over the top' is like complaining that a Shakespeare play is a lousy action movie; Charlie's Angels 2 is *meant* to be an over-the-top, outrageous, spoofing, comedical parody-type action movie. The characters don't just do action, they do "over the top" action. The stunts are not just amazing, they are "over the top". Part of the comedic elements are derived from characters doing *exagerrated* action sequences, thereby spoofing action movies. The movie broke out in a musical number during the High School reunion scene!! The movie is not *meant* to be a serious philosophical analysis of life!

In my opinion, the movie was awesome. It had stunts, action, comedy, great acting (within the parameters of what the movie intended), great dialogue (again, within the parameters of what the movie intended) and moved at an excellent pace. The cameoes were the cherry on the sundae (although I dont know who "Eve" or "Pink" are....).

IF you view the movie in the style it was intended to watch, this is an excellent movie (9.5 out of 10). If you view this movie too seriously (imagine watching Leslie Neilson's Naked Gun movie with the mindset that you are watching a CSI movie), then you will be disappointed.

It's For Those Who Like The The Art of Fun

Author: eric262003 from Canada
19 April 2016

Why are there so many negative reviews about "Charlie's Angel's Full Throttle"? McG proves that you don't need logic when it comes to having a good time and a good laugh. Neither do the screenwriters John August, Cormac and Marianne Wibberley. Sure this trifecta of angels may not have wings on their backs, but they sure can defy the laws of gravity. Taken a few pages off of Ang Lee's "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon", Natalie Cook (Cameron Diaz) Dylan Sanders (Drew Barrymore) and Alex Munday do what they do best, dodge bullets, survive explosions and kick baddies in the booties, but more importantly, stay as a cohesive unit even through wedding bells that almost split them apart.

Sure it may boarder under glorifying ladies as athletic, clever, voluptuous and dangerous and while we guys are looked down as dimwitted, aggressive and foolish, but "Charlie's Angels Full Throttle" takes us on an energetic ride with enough high-flying action that will surely make Issac Newton's theory null and void. No matter if the plot is thinner than Olive Oyl, the quest that the angels embark on is after two rings (beat that Tolkien) that is needed by the villains so they can gain access to computer information that leads to the people enjoy the government's bountiful ways in the witness protection program. The leading villain is Madison Lee (Demi Moore) a former angel now a dark angel who obsessively needs the rings because if you put the two juxtaposed to each other, it will open up the esoteric information needed so she can sell it the leading mafioso from Japan, Italy and Latin America. While our heroes as expected find the rings, completing their initiative is where the fun commences. The costumers make-up artists (Kimberly Greene and Charyl Beasley Blackwell) the angels go incognito throughout their whole mission even to point of looking stunning like they're painting the town red.

The most fun is that former music-director McG ads more thrills than the previous installment in which the angels are on the hunt working for a man who never reveals his identity. Sure it repeats itself from the first part, but hey, who can ever be bored of the James Bond style opening scene as the threesome save a man from intimidating rouges sport six foot rapiers in the Mongolian mountains? And who could forget the dirt-bike scenes with a no-hold- barred stipulation as they zoom across faster than you can say "Ben- Hur". The goo into a cartoon world where they push and even go far as to outrageously shoot their guns while upside down.

When it comes to chemistry, Liu, Barrymore and Diaz truly have it and the alliance that these three have are some of the best ever displayed in cinematic history. The best part is no one tries to usurp the other one even though Diaz can really dance seductively.

Of course the buzz will be focused on Demi Moore, who's been off the screen for a while exhibiting her her sharp skills and a Renaissance figurine body proves she can be a formidable adversary to the angels. With all the energy needed, this big budgeted film is filled with big stars supporting them like Crispin Glover as The Thin Man, Bernie Mac as Det. Bosley, and the John Cleese as Alex's dad who think due to Matt LeBlanc's subliminal wording has suspicion that Alex is biting off more than an angel could chew.

I'm getting too old for this...

Author: TheOtherFool from The Netherlands
19 May 2004

I turned 25 last sunday but today was the day I felt really old... You see, I just saw Charlie's Angels, Full Throttle.

Everything about this movie looks good. The cast, the scenery, the action... It's just all so loud, so massive, so long. It feels like you're in a rollercoaster that goes on for over an hour and a half, without ever slowing down. There must be like a hundred songs on the soundtrack, including complete albums by the Prodigy.

The movie completely relies on its three leading ladies, and 2 of them really pull it of. Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz are perfectly cast in their roles, but somehow you feel Drew Barrymore doesn't fit in it. She doesn't add anything to the trio, if you'd ask me.

As there are other weak points. They replaced the great Bill Murray for some annoying unknown comedian (who keeps on making black & white jokes, how old is that?), plus it's obvious Demi Moore completely forgot her acting lessons in this one. Ouch.

Still, the action is great and would have fitted in the Matrix trilogy, as I give this one a 4/10.

A Lot Of Fun. I Enjoyed It

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
1 February 2015

This movie caught me at just the right time, I'd had a pretty intense day with 8 episodes of "The Walking Dead", when I caught it just starting on TV, and this ridiculous bit of fun was perfect to lighten the mood. Having not seen the first movie, I do not know how it compares, but I do know this was a lot of fun and Demi Moore steals the show.

Plot in A Paragraph: Natalie Cameron Diaz) Dylan (Drew Barrymore) and Alex (Lucy Lui) are three gorgeous, tough-as-nails, investigative agents 'Charlie's Angels' who work for the Charles Townsend Detective Agency - are sent undercover to retrieve two missing titanium wedding rings. That contain information that reveals the new identities of every person in the Witness Protection Program. After several people in the program are found dead, only the Angels can save the day, using their expertise as masters of disguise, and martial arts.

Some of the special effects don't hold up, and if you are looking for something realistic, or believable you are in the wrong place, but the world needs movies that are just a bit of silliness too.

Diaz, Lui and Barrymore are all a lot of fun, and certainly give it their all, Justin Theroux is a good villain (even with a dodgy Irish accent) Cameos by Bruce Willis, Matt LeBlanc, Pink, John Cleese, Luke Wilson, Carrie Fisher, Crispib Glover add to the fun, yet Shia Lebouf is even more annoying that before (How is that possible??) I will add, I'll never be able to hear the "Pink Panther Theme" without visualising Cameron Diaz's ass in a thong.

As for Demi Moore, she remains one of the most talented and beautiful women in movies, and her ladylike sexiness is in rare supply. Any movie becomes promising just by having her name in it's cast.

What On Earth Did You Expect?

Author: ferretpossum from United Kingdom
13 July 2014

This is a big, shiny, silly, camp summer blockbuster and I suspect most of the bad reviews are purely because it dares to make fun of itself in a way that Mission: Impossible, Die Hard, X-Men and all those dude- dominated action movies don't.

But really, I have to worry about all those people who hated this on seeing it. Did they not see the first movie? Or perhaps they thought the original TV show was a cerebral example of 1970's TV programming.

The fact is if you liked the 2000 movie, with all the silly in-jokes, cultural references, campy soundtrack and frankly ridiculous stunts then you'll enjoy this one just as much. Maybe more because it also has Demi Moore looking amazing and a Jaclyn Smith cameo.

Even better than the original and one of the best live-action films of the last decade

Author: Stompgal_87 from United Kingdom
11 April 2014

Having already enjoyed the breathtaking original, I wanted to see this sequel as soon as it was publicised. I saw this at the cinema with a family aide (a person who takes disabled and autistic people on 1:1 outings to give their families a break) and when she asked me what I'd thought of it when it finished, I found it better than the first. Not only was it as funny, silly and action-packed as the original but also I got to learn more about some of the characters through their back stories, particularly Dylan and the Thin Man, who I thought had died in an explosion in the original.

While a reviewer for the Radio Times gave this film one star and said it had no plot, I figured that there is a main plot; that involving the Angels trying to retrieve two titanium rings from two members of the Witness Protection Agency. The plot was as gripping and engaging as that of the original. While the first half of this one is the funniest, the second half has the most action-filled scenes with as much hard work put in the stunts as the original and a touch of heartache when Dylan temporarily leaves the Angels and heads for Mexico where she receives guidance from Kelly Garrett, one of the Angels from the original mid 1970s - early 1980s television series. Throughout the film, I also enjoyed spotting references to the previous film such as Natalie saying she loved tickets and later pulling down her Spider-Man pants in the boys' toilets at Pete's school reunion, Jason mentioning his initial thought of Alex being a bikini waxer and the photograph of the Angels on the beach, first seen when Dylan temporarily leaves the agency. I also liked some of the plot twists, especially Pete looking as if he is going to propose to Natalie but instead announces he bought them both a puppy named Spike (as shown on the dog tag in the box). The soundtrack here is a bit better than that in the first. While the incidental music was composed in a similar manner to that in the original, there were four recognisable instrumental pieces (the piece of classical music played during Alex's brief chess scene, the 'Pulp Fiction' theme, The Lonely Goatherd' from 'The Sound of Music' during the convent scene and the Pink Panther music played during the raunchy dance scene at the Treasure Chest) and a great mix of songs such as MC Hamner's 'U Can't Touch This,' Pink's 'Feel Good Time (this film's main song),' Bon Jovi's 'Livin' On A Prayer,' the Prodigy's 'Breathe' and 'Firestarter (which cleverly accompanied the flame-throwing scene and may have been an allusion to one of Drew Barrymore's childhood films) and 'A Girl Like You' by Edwyn Collins.' The Angels were as excellent as in the original with Natalie being funnier than she was in the original, Jason and Pete made welcoming returns while the new Bosley, played comically by the late Bernie Mac, Dylan's old flame Seamus O'Grady and fallen Angel Madison Lee were worthy new characters. There were also some decent cameos from Pink, the Olsen Twins and Jaclyn Smith.

Overall this superb girlie action comedy was well worth the watch, much better than the original and undoubtedly the best live-action film to come out in the last decade alongside the first two Harry Potter films. 10/10.

!

Author: MarvelGirl44 from Texas
15 July 2004

BAAAD! Stupid movie. Stupid stunts. They only reason I think they made this movie was too show off three actresses' bodies. It was a horrible movie with stupid mistakes. For example, one moment the guy has no shirt on (again) but he is in full motorcycle gear in the next second or two. Crazy awful stuff. In the first movie, the stunts were pretty fake, but this one is terrible. I just want one of them to die because there are somethings that no way could they all survive after surviving the horrible explosion they were just in right after they kicked a hundred trained assassins' butts (I know I exaggerate). Also, in one part they jump out naked only to have to change into clothes. Why don't they just wear clothes in the first place. So stupid. I must admit that I liked the relationship thing between Natalie & Pete in this one just like in the first one. I just think that this movie was a waste of time and it did not pass the sequel test. It was one of the worst I've seen actually.

Will the last person out please slap McG.....HARD!

Author: Rob_Taylor
18 April 2004

What can one say about this movie? Words like peurile, pointless, ridiculous, inane and so on spring immediately to mind. One reviewer commented that it was entertainment for sufferers of Attention Deficit Disorder, and I can't argue with that. If anything, that's being kind. It's more like entertainment for three year olds. At least, the last time I saw such utterly ridiculous action scenes was in a Roadrunner cartoon when I was a kid. From the opening "truck containing helicopter falls off dam..." scene it just goes downhill all the way.

Now, when I was younger, I thought it would be cool if films had more music in them, some nice rock or even pop tunes here and there. But you can take things too far, and McZero has done exactly that here. Not just pop songs populate the film, but songs who's clever lyrics enhance the scene they're being played over.......not! You'll be cringing in embarrassment by the third or fourth song, trust me.

The best thing about the film was the guy playing Bosley, whom I hated at the start, but grew to like in direct proportion to my growing contempt at the rest of the film. He alone kept me watching to the end.

The angels were OK-ish, but the guy playing the "Irish" baddie needs some serious voice coaching. His accent was the worst Irish attempt I've seen since Burt Reynolds in Universal Soldier 3 (or was it 4?). Anyhow, he has all the menace of Scooby-Doo on Valium and overacts atrociously. There's one scene (I'll call it the Terminator 2 scene) where he looks off meaningfully to one side at the end of the scene. I can't really describe it, you have to see it. Suffice to say I could hardly breathe I was laughing so much.

And Demi Moore.....Well, let's just say that all the King's plastic surgeons and all the King's beauty therapists can't hide the fact that she is getting old. Nor can dating kids half her age or less, but we won't go there. If this is her comeback I doubt we'll be seeing much of her in the future.

All that McZero has done here is produce an endless music video with ludicrous action sequences interspersed throughout. That's it. There's bugger all plot, bugger all acting and pointless cameos from actors who really should know better.

Things I learnt from this film, contrary to accepted physics and common sense:

If you fall off a dam, there's enough time whilst you're falling to climb inside a helicopter, cold start it, then fly it to safety before being smashed to pieces.

Also, never have an accident on an off-road motorbike, as they automatically explode on impact.

"Irish" bad guys are fire-resistant.

A Kevlar vest will stop a .50 calibre handgun round at ten feet.

Desert Eagle's (the above mentioned handgun) have so little recoil and are so easy to handle that even an aging has-been actress can use one in each hand.

I could go on, but you've probably got the idea by now that I was far from impressed with this film. So let's just say that, if you're three years old this movie rocks! Otherwise it's a concrete block on it's way down to the bottom of the Ocean of Movie Obscurity. And deservedly so.

NOT recommended.