IMDb > Anger Management (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 48:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Funny comedy

Author: Adriana Lewis from NY
21 January 2005

This is a funny movie. When my husband and I went to see it in the theater we were actually laughing out loud. And it was not just us, it was everybody in the theater. Someone looking for a deep and meaningful plot will not find what they are looking for, however it is one of the best plots of all the Adam Sandler movies. It would also not be for anyone who would easily get offended by off-color jokes. Jack Nicholson is hilarious as the Anger Management therapist. He has some of the funniest parts in the whole movie. Adam Sandler is not to shabby himself as the not angry guy learning to be angry through a series of seemingly unfortunate and random events.

If you are an Adam Sandler fan or a fan of the screw ball comedy, you will love this movie.

Jack definitely takes over Sandler, Anger Management is good for a few laughs

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
23 November 2003

I saw this movie in the theater with my father and I have to say even though Sandler can annoy me most of the time, this is one of his better comedies. I think he owes that to Jack Nicholson's performance, since Jack can carry a film so well he also makes the jokes into perfect cues and great laughs. Adam does a good job as well, both actors worked very well together and actually have great chemistry. I think everyone would agree that their version of "I feel pretty" was just so awesome and beyond hilarious. It was also nice to see that this wasn't a typical Sandler film filled with predictable cameo's of his friends, so it showed that he could carry the film without doing the common predictability.

Dave is a man who designs cat suits for fat cats, he has a beautiful girlfriend, Linda, and seems to have it together, only he's actually pretty taken advantage of by his boss and Linda's ex boyfriend. He lets a lot of things go. One day when he is on a plane, he is accused of "assulting" a flight attendant and racist marks, despite the situation actually being the opposite. But he is sent to anger management anyways and is being mentored by Dr. Buddy Rydell, a bit of a psychotic, but this proves Dave's "internal" anger and turns out to prove that Dave does need help and who might be crazier in life.

Anger Management is sometimes a bit silly, but I love this comedy, it's always good for so many laughs. Buddy was just so awesome in that scene where he has to pull his car out of the parking spot, but there is another car blocking him and he just handles it "his way", you'll have to see. Adam and Jack were great together and I would recommend this film for anyone. Like I said, it's not a typical Sandler film and really works well.

Author: tomimt from Finland
20 September 2005

What is the funniest thing about this comedy? Adam Sandler? Hardly. The best thing about this movie is Jack Nicholson. he's the sole reason this movie is funny.

So, Dave (Sandler) is this geeky guy, who has never lost his temper in his life, who by fault of an mistake in an airplane is ordered by a judge to see a anger consultant Buddy Rydel (Nicholosn), whose unorthodox anger management methods soon drive this mosey man crazy. And then there's Dave's personal problems with his girlfriend Linda (Marisa Tomei).

As for comedy Anger Managment flows pretty nicely and the jokes are mostly in their correct places and it has very few awkward moments, which seldom plague comedies of this particular genre.

Can't actually think of anything extremely negative to say about it, I'm very pleasantly surprised by the flick, it gave me good laughs and it will probably last multiple viewings, thanks to Nicholson, who really keeps this movie above the gray mass of comedy sea.

Good Fun, even if it's a little muddled

Author: mjw2305 from England
11 February 2006

Adam Sandler (Dave Buznik) is a mild mannered and submissive business man with an apparent knack for getting himself into unfortunate and disastrous situations. After a very small misunderstanding aboard an aeroplane escalates out of control, Dave is sentenced to Anger Management at the hands of Jack Nicholson (Buddy Rydell)

Dr. Rydell is a therapist with a tendency for the unusual. As the therapy progresses things seem to get worse and after another huge slice of misfortune, Dr. Rydell is forced to move in with Dave and conduct 30 days of intensive Anger Management.

With good comic performances from Sandler and especially Nicholson and some hilarious interaction from the support cast 'Anger Management' is certainly not short of laughs; but it does seem to get a little muddled along the way. That said the movie finishes well (although totally unbelievable) and ends up as a comedy film you'd be silly to miss out on.

Nicholson, Sandler, what a pair!

Author: comwhiz2002 from New York City
17 April 2003

This movie is purely wonderful slapstick. Jack Nicholson as the quirky anger management therapist Dr. Buddy Rydell and Adam Sandler as patient Dave Buznik. It's amazing to see how insane yet practical Rydell's (Nicholson) methods are. A great movie to see if you're a Nicholson and/or Sandler fan.

I feel pretty....

Author: Robbie14 from Long Island
31 January 2004

Anger Management was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Sandler and Nicholson make a great team in this flick. Sure, it's not a real 90's Sandler movie, but it's funny in it's own way.

The story: An easy going man, Dave Buznik, is falsely accused of abuse to a flight attendant. So he has to go through anger management classes, taught by Dr. Buddy Rydell. Little does Dave know of the chaos that goes on in his group, but it's his doctor he has to worry about more. Don't know why? Well, let's just say Buddy needs a little anger management himself.

The acting in this movie is very good, with stars like Adam Sandler, Jack Nicholson, Marissa Tomei, John Turturro, Jonathan Loughran, and many more.

Score: ****/*****

didn´t expect much

Author: asbury26 from Puebla, Mexico
15 June 2003

no, i really didn´t expect much, because of what i had read, and because i am not much of an adam sandler fan. however, i´m faithful to jack and see whatever he's done on film. and god, did i enjoy myself. i went to the cinema with my boyfriend and a friend of ours and all three were laughing on end. so did the couple next to us and the guys behind us. ok, i´m not saying that this was the best film ever, but given the circumstances, saturday night out after a week of work (including all saturday), this was just the film that made us happy. and we´ve been talking about some scenes for 2 days now. in fact, we´ve decided to buy the video once it´s out,because this will be just one of the feel-good movies one likes to see every once in a while. jack is great in what he does, and every bit of what makes jack nicholson is in this picture, sandler is good as well, as is marissa tomey (sp?). fans of one of these actors will be deligthed, others maybe not, but hey, it's comedy!

Uneven, but Enjoyable Ride

Author: tabuno from utah
13 April 2003

Adam Sandler was great and Jack Nicholson was his usual crazy self. This funny, out of character Adam Sandler vehicle was bumpy at best, with a rather insulting Buddhist monk scene and some unintentionally dumb sequences as well as some overly obvious cameos which made the movie campy though tolerably cute. This feel good, though somewhat over the top anger solves anger philosophy ends up with a small twist and a satisfying conclusion. It was nice to see Adam Sandler can act. Both Sandler and Jim Carrey are gaining a lot of respect from me lately. Different, diversionary, insipid in places, but a pleasant romantic comedy. Seven out of ten stars.

Finally an Adam Sandler movie for the rest of us.

Author: Taur from Colorado
21 March 2004

This is the best Adam Sandler movie I have ever seen.

I am no longer a teenager so I generally avoid Sandler's movies like the plague. Beside a couple of Penis-envy jokes this movie is actually a joy to watch in mixed company.

Well worth your time.

If this is some of Jack Nicholson rubbing of on Sandler I look forward to Sandler's next movie.

Nicholson is completely over the top with his role.

Rating 8/10 for a comedy. 10/10 for a Sandler comedy.

Nicholson has done worse but this is a close second

Author: policy134 from Denmark
12 August 2005

What could have been a nice little comedy turns out to be a complete bore. Jack Nicholson could not be anymore subdued in his performance here and Sandler, who should have been replaced with an actor like Jim Carrey, does his usual repressed angry man routine that simply falls flat on it's face. Nicholson is supposed to be a weirdo and a man of respectability at the same time but we don't really feel that he is all that credible as an authority and his weirdness is just annoying instead of being funny. He tries to provoke Sandler in some kind of pseudo mental health treatment but how is it that Sandler follows his advice even though he knows pretty early on that he is dealing with a nutball.

There are a few decent moments like the opening scene in the airplane with the snotty flight attendants who insist that Sandler is raising his voice, but nearly every comedy uses those jokes so that only generates laughs of recognition than great comedy.

Another amusing scene is with the Buddhist monk who used to be Sandler's bully. Even though, the scene is highly unbelievable it is far better to have the bully be exactly the same as he used to be than having him totally transformed into a good guy. The casting of John C. Reilly was also right because he looks menacing enough and is still kind of soft spoken.

Unfortunately, most scenes are just run of the mill psychiatrist jokes and the end could not be anymore contrived. Sandler has not made a movie yet that I could sit through saying "That was brilliant!" but his earlier like "Billy Madison" had ten times more laughs than this. Nicholson should do a Tim Burton or James L. Brooks film next because he has done way better with them than anybody else.

Page 1 of 48:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]