IMDb > Adam Sandler Goes to Hell (2001) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Adam Sandler Goes to Hell (V) More at IMDbPro »

The best special feature on the LITTLE NICKY DVD!

Author: Christopher Smith
7 June 2002

This is one of those "making of" features that every DVD seems to contain these days, though while most of them only provide information about the plot of the movie, this one provides a whole lot more details about the special effects in the movie, the make-up, the filming process, etc. There's more cast and crew interviews here than anything else, but that's okay. Overall, I'd have to say that it's the best special feature on the LITTLE NICKY DVD.

What a self deprecating title

Author: bazmitch23 from Co, Derry, Northern Ireland
7 March 2015

"Little Nicky" is one of those films that you either love or hate. Well, I actually like it. I'm not much of an Adam Sandler fan, but I did enjoy this movie, "Big Daddy", "Happy Gilmore", "Mr Deeds", "50 First Dates and "Click".

This doc was really enjoyable. The first segment is everybody all explaining how Adam is great to work with. Yawn. I know I hate these "So and so is so great to work with" cliché. It's all lies, folks.

However, we do have Ozzy Osbourne pretending to eat an invisible bat.

"If you do it wrong, you do it again till you get it right."

When he has to pretend he's holding a bat he says "It's like I'm giving the Invisible Man a blow job."

The next segment is designing the sets. This is where things get interesting. Even though this movie is very cartoony, they wanted the sets to look serious. Ozzy Osbourne loved the Central Park set so much, that he asked Production Designer Perry Blake to design his next tour of the Ozzfest.

2 years later, Perry Blake directed "The Master of Disguise".......... oh, dear.

Next we have the visual and make up effects. I love seeing before and after VFX shots, I don't know why. KNB did the make up effects for the movie.

Then we have costume design. I love it when the designer explain the personality of each character and what he or she should wear.

Finally we have a segment on training Mr Beefy, recording the voice and doing the VFX for the dog speaking.

Besides the first segment, this doc is very interesting and I love it when the designers go into details about the making of the sets, effects, costumes, etc, rather than hearing a bunch of people say "This is cool" or "This is great."

Shame there isn't a segment about the score.

Great Documentary and special features

Author: AUTOMAT001 from Los Angeles
13 October 2002

The film was wretched but the DVD added value content is great! My favorite part was the snippet about the bulldog and this documentary: ADAM SANDLER GOES TO HELL, by director extraordinaire -- JEFFREY SCHWARZ. Everything this man does is brilliant. Studios are stupid to hand these projects to anyone else. Mr. Schwarz, gets classic interviews from the films stellar cast. It is amazing the insight he is able to get from the actors with the basic talking heads approach. Is it just me or this guy the next Laurent Bouzereau? wink wink...

A lame behind the scenes feature about a lame movie

Author: movieman_kev from United States
25 February 2005

If watching and reviewing the horribly unfunny "Little Nicky" wasn't enough to drive me to thoughts of suicide, now I have to review the extras on the dish. "Satan's Top Forty" was only tolerable because it didn't have anything to do with the film. This making-of, however, has everything to do with the movie. And because of that it sucks. The funniest part of it was finding out that Dana Carvy broke his leg on the set while filming his unfunny scenes. Others might laugh at the numerous out-takes, but no one that I'd want to hang out with.This 18 minute short can be found on New Line's Platinum Series DVD of "Little Nicky"

My Grade: F