IMDb > "The Jamie Kennedy Experiment" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Jamie Kennedy Experiment"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

Hilarious!

Author: soverytired from Vancouver, BC, Canada
13 June 2002

When I first saw the previews for the show, I scoffed and thought that it was such a lame concept. But after catching a few shows, I became hooked. This show is absolutely hilarious! I laughed until tears ran down my face. I hope this show sticks around. I love it! I'm glad I decided to actually tune in!

FUNNY!!!!!!

Author: james (spikelovesbuffy2002@hotmail.com) from New York, New York, USA
6 July 2002

This show is so funny Jamie kennedy is such a funny guy i have seenn about two skits on this show and laughed so hard i really liked the one when he was pretending to be this LA tour guy and they broke into bob sagets house it was so funny this show rules cant wait to watch more!!!!

A little cruel sometimes, but for the most part, funny

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
11 February 2004

I admit it's a guilty pleasure. This show can be a little cruel. But at the same time, I can't help but laugh. You love to see how faces react at an obscene character that Jamie portrays. My friends and I always fool around with this show. It's a lot of fun to watch if you don't mind some harsh jokes.

I WANT MORE!

Author: Geeky Randy from United States
19 May 2002

This show is so funny. Jamie Kennedy is genius. I am a Jamie Kennedy, so I started to watch this show the first time it aired, and have been watching it ever since. I didn't want to write a summary about it until the season ended, just in case some episodes were good and other weren't. Now the first seasons is over, and I can tell you that all the episodes are great.

I think he is best as the judge. After each episode, you keep wanting more. It's like a tease, how it's only 30 minutes; but the whole 30 minutes are filled with laughter.

If you haven't watched this show, you are missing out. Way better than Tom Green, way better than Jackass, not as explicit as CKY but just (if not more) funny.

One of the funniest shows on TV!

Author: Bio and Swede from CA
5 February 2002

Jamie Kennedy was born to do a show like this - he is really in his element! Although I haven't laughed as hard as I did on the very first prank of the first episode the show has remained fresh and original, and more importantly funny, in the last couple of episodes.

I'm such a big fan of this show that I stopped taping The Simpsons so I could tape this instead. When I found myself with the difficult choice of which to tape I ultimately chose JKX - which is a big deal because I haven't purposely missed taping The Simpsons in about 8 years!

I hope others are enjoying the show as much as I am. For those who haven't seen an episode yet - check it out! It truly is one of the funniest shows on TV!

Pros & Cons

Author: Jack-Luminous
9 November 2002

For Jamie Kennedy's show, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment, the pros out-number the cons. But, the cons, as sporadic as they are, pose a threat to the show.

As of this writing, JKX is scheduled on Thursday nights. A mistake, as it faces fierce competition from NBC and CBS. I would suggest a night like Sunday or, perhaps, Friday, when network ratings are on neutral. JKX has the opportunity, on these nights, to rake in some phenomenal ratings.

The marks are starting to catch on. This is not due to poor writing, but for Jamie's ever-growing popularity. However, JKX has somewhat rectified this matter by turning the tables on those who may be in on the joke time and time again, which is fresh, but this clever tactic certainly won't last forever.

That's about the only faults I can find with the show, which is otherwise a very, very hilarious hybrid of sketch comedy and hidden camera antics. Jamie is a very funny person, and his disguises and alter-egos are nothing short of brilliant. My favorite moment of the show is the moment of truth, when the mark is finally told he/she has been X'd. It's especially funny when Jamie, mid sentence, breaks out into a fit of hysterics, as his laugh is heart-warming, and we know he has a right to laugh, as his antics in fooling the person to begin with were rightfully funny.

Show highlights include: The yoga exercise/construction worker attack, the graveyard commercial, Lou the driving instructor, Judge James Leighland, and perhaps my favorite of all, the instance when Jamie fooled a pizza delivery boy into thinking his mafioso boss was about to rub him out.

It's a great show, and not just another hidden camera show. However, it truly needs to move to another time slot, and Jamie's disguises may have to be craftier, should it want to last for more seasons.

My favorite show on TV

Author: Mark Chadwell
19 May 2002

I happened to stumble across this show one evening while channel surfing. I saw this guy pulling pranks on people that were hilliarious. Once I saw the prank he pulled as the tour guide taking the people through Bob Sagott's mansion, I was hooked. I could not stop laughing, I actually felt pain between my ears because I was laughing so hard. I have watched every episode since. This is the only show on television I go out of my way to watch.

I hope they don't cancel it. I have told other people to watch it and every one of them absolutely love it.

Keep rockin Jamie Kennedy. Great premise and Awesome Talent....

Love ya, Jamie!

Author: Quick_Stop_Clerk
2 March 2002

I have been watching this show since the pilot, and I must say, its great! I haven't missed an episode! I had seen the commercials, and thought, 'thats the guy from scream, ain't it?' and thought nothing more of it. But I turned on the tv, and when I saw him doing his 'I'm from the mean streets of Malibu' gag, I couldn't help but laugh, I was hooked from then on. 'JawMan' is the best!

Best new show

Author: Dan (dangre66@hotmail.com) from Norwich, CT
31 January 2002

This is one of the best new things on TV in a long time. I work third shift and an frequently up in the middle of the night. I save this on tape till I can't sleep knowing that I will be laughing my head off. If I had one complaint about the show, I wish it were an hour long. Great Show.

Great Way to Start Off the New Year with A Great New Show

Author: mike34 from Devils Lake, North Dakota
23 January 2002

This is one of the best new shows of the year. It's fresh and funny and so what if it reminds you of "Candid Camera", it has Jamie Kennedy! He is hilarious in his roles and if they can fool the crowd, they could fool anyone. He is so great at acting and you would have to be in case you forgot your lines or something. Watch the show and if you aren't impressed wait for later episodes. The second episode was better than the first one I saw, so it might only get better over time.