IMDb > "Clone High" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Clone High"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Clone High" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

What a shame...

Author: Matt from Canada
25 January 2004

It's a shame to let a show with such good writing to go to waste, and end resolved. I loved this show. I have all the episodes, and i hope MTV knows that just because some Teenybopper thirteen year old who's prime intrests are Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake doesn't like the show is no reason to take it off the air. I've loved all of MTV's animated shows its just so sad that excepting Daria & Bevis&Butthead none of their animated shows have lasted for more than one season.

Thank God someone at MTV has a brain!

Author: butters_thatsme from Bellingham
4 February 2003

After Daria was cancelled, I wondered if MTV would have another intelligent show like that again. Then I saw Clone High for the first time a few weeks ago, and I loved it. The show itself is funny, and if you know about historical characters the show becomes even funnier. The creators did a wonderful job with matching historical figures to high school stereotypes. JFK is hilarious. Make sure you watch this show! Don't let it get cancelled!

I know you think it's impossible but MTV actually made a funny!

Author: gundamgirl2386
17 February 2003

MTV cartoons have been known in the past to bomb in dozens with a few strays that make it for the long run. I honestly don't know if Clone High will make it but I do know that I want it to.

At first glance and the entire summary of it seems kind of lame but you have to watch it to really see the humor. And yes it's kind of cringe-worthy the way they have written some great historical figures but all you have to say is "Hey it's just a cartoon!". I can't say why I actually care if Joan of Arch or Abe Lincoln get together but i'll be damned if I don't tune in every episode so far to see Joan's angsty love for Abe.

The more history you know about these characters the funnier the show is! It's a comical blend of a little history, wacky humor and just growing up and making it through high school! It's not something that everyone is going to like. If you don't normally like cartoons geared towards the over 14 crowd then it's probably not even worth your time.

I want to think positive and that Clone High will become the next Beavis and Butthead or Daria of MTV but I honestly don't think there are enough Americans out there that can really get the humor without being offended by the portrayal of the characters. If you like cartoons and animation this is not one to miss!

Loving, Learning, Sharing, Judging.

Author: blackarachnia2
16 August 2003

Way, way, back in the 1980's, secret government employees dug up famous guys and ladies and made amusing genetic copies. Now the clones are sexy teens now. They're going to make if they try. Loving, learning, sharing, judging. It's time to laugh and shiver and cry. Clone High, Clone High.

Absolutely my favorite cartoon. Abe Lincoln is a crazy mixed up kid who doesn't know if he loves Cleopatra or Joan of Arc. Gandi, a hyper active guy who loves to stick things in his nose. JFK, a womanizing jerk, and Joan of Arc a very dark and monitone girl who has deep routed issues with Abe Lincoln.

I think that this is another one of those cartoons that should continue.

Wonderful show!

Author: MovieInky (theamazinginky@yahoo.com) from Just...somewhere
20 December 2003

This is my favorite MTV show ever and I am so sad that it was cancelled! I sorely wish that it would be continued. The pacing is great, the jokes are hilarious, the characters are well-written and I love the overall look of the show. My favorite characters? I love them all! But I always have a special place in my heart for Joan of Arc, she reminds me of me :) It's too bad it didn't succeed, I can only hope a DVD release is not far away.

Petition to bring back clone high

Author: poopdoggdeadfreak2005 from United States
12 March 2006

I know this isn't a real petition but it's close enough...for anyone who loves this show and wants it back just sign your name below...I am for one am sick of all the reality bull sh*t and would really like to actually enjoy a show every once in awhile. Even though Clone High wasn't the most intelligent show out there it wasn't supposed to be, it was just good animated fun and just because someone took too damn personally and got "offended" so to speak had to go and bitch to take it off well F*ck you whoever that was. well I'll shall be the 1st to sign.

Adam Poe

Sweet!!

Author: bbethel66 from Buffalo, NY
17 February 2003

MTV has helped make yet another good show, which is looking to be the best since Daria. Daria hasn't been on in a while; its last episode was shown in June 2001, and its series finale college movie was shown a little more than a year ago (as of the date of this review). Celebrity Deathmatch was also good, but even though it's not officially finished, it disappeared months ago. <:(

Based from the number of reviews I've seen so far, this show has already been welcomed with its fair share of praise. And yes, I agree completely. Clone High is another clever teen toon, using a bit of History for primary inspiration. The characters have little (if anything) in common to their predecessors (especially Mohanti Ghandi (excuse me if I misspelled anything)), but that's the fun of the show. It basically covers many teen topics, particularly peer pressure. The simplistic designs (possibly taken from one of Cartoon Network's cartoons) adds to the show's humor.

The main characters are: Abe Lincoln, the normal good-guy, Joan of Arc, a goth with a hint of sensitivity (not much like Daria), Mohanti Ghandi, the reckless yet lovable "cool dude", Cleopatra, part of the popular crowd, and J(ohn)F(itzgerald)K(ennedy), another popular guy (seemingly among the women). Also, there's the principal and robot vice-principal. Thru each episode, you'll notice that the first five characters are not the only clones existing in the show.

One thing I like about MTV is that unlike such channels as Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel, it's not afraid to reserve its material for the older crowd, in this case, the high school audience. Nick and Disney usually stay with the tried-and-true pre-teen crowd, and with a few exceptions, create a few lame programs cheaply disguised as "teen shows". The only let-down for MTV is that they keep up with even their best programs during their run, but immediately abandon them once they get cancelled. This trend is inevitable for Clone High, so we better enjoy it while we can.

One thing about Clone High was that it was another one of those good shows that appears out of nowhere. I first saw it this past MLK Day while I was channel hopping, but some sources say that the show first premiered in Canada in November 2002. Nonetheless, Clone High is a good show that's destined for a wonderful future.

Easily accessible, silly fun

Author: sagentx2005 from United States
27 April 2007

It's not an uncommon scenario, but I came across this show long after it's unfortunate cancellation. The premise is good and the fact that the show combines history's greatest leaders with the depth and immaturity of the typical "high school teen show" is a concept that really brings the laughs. The show never tries to be anything but silly and satirical and succeeds for this effort. It is very good that it exists on DVD and that it can still be found via Amazon.com and some retailers. Only 13 episodes exist, so it is not hard to watch it all and enjoy it for what it was. Clone High had too limited of a run, but what an enjoyable show it was. Find it, watch it, and clone it....(legally of course).

Brilliant? It very well could have been...

Author: Isaac Prusky from Canada
30 August 2006

Back in 2003, when they began to rerun this show on late night "Teletoon", i watched the show whenever i could, i was in total love with the humor and the characters represented. It was one of those shows/films that perfectly represents you're humor, and that's why i loved it. But, it became increasingly hard to watch it, for it was always ran on the weekends when i would leave with no time to catch another episode. And then as the years went by, i guess i kind of gave up trying to watch it, and moved onto other things. But, this summer as i traveled through Vancouver, i decided to stop into the downtown A&B, and pick up some music. While there i browsed briefly through the DVD section, and the name "Clone High" screamed out at me from the shelf. I picked up the case knowing that there was only one season and curious to see if there was anything else too it. I bought it for the memories, and for the many episodes out of the 13 i had not seen. And as i watch it now, as my 16 year old self, i can honestly say that it may be one of my all-time favorite TV shows next to "The Simpsons" (Era - Seasons 3-9).

Every part of the show is enjoyable. First and foremost, it is gutbustingly hilarious. I have read that Gandhi's clone character has caused much controversy around the globe, and while i can see how that would arise, he is the funniest character out of all them (next to Scangrade, and Toots of course). The other thing this show did so well was parody the common cliché of teenage sex romps, while not veering off into the immature and plain stupidity that many animated shows have amounted too, at the same time, it didn't take itself too seriously which left it free for loads of great satire.

The other thing i can say about this show is it is genuingly touching. While, this may be ironic, for the show's purpose is to parody that "touchy feely" aspect of teenage cinema, and all the parts i found sweet may just be jokes onto themselves. For example, as i watched the season (or series, hopefully not) finale, and grew closer to the end, i knew this was it, there was nothing after this, and i was just crushed. Everything about the ending depressed me, the music by the Abandoned Pools, the character's quick conclusions, even the "To be continued...?!" at the end. I went to bed that night with a heavy sadness (as corny as it sounds, it's true). But then the next day, i realized that in a way, regardless of my disappointment, it was an almost perfect way to end that show, at the time. If it comes back, you've got a great ciffhanger that will draw people in, if it doesn't, it can be interpreted as a further satire of weepy teen romances. That comforted me a little. But just a little.

All in all, this show was a wonderful, and unappreciated show that i would be very happy to see back on the air. I have heard rumors about a mythical 14th episode to end it all in the works. But, i've learned to not trust all the gossip i hear on the internet.

Heavily recommended!

This show is amazing

Author: Bryan from Michigan
9 February 2004

This show is great! I first saw it on MTV in the US, so I never got to see the end until I downloaded the rest of the episodes off the internet. It's such a shame that these excellent shows get cancelled. One show that is on something of the same calibur is Invader ZIM, if you've ever seen that. That show, although different, was like Clone High in that it catered to humor that isn't so mainstream as, say, Friends humor or something. Not that Friends isn't a funny show, but Clone High and Invader ZIM both have a unique humor to them that is rare on TV nowadays. Anyway, this show is excellent. It draws on hilarious stereotypes and a lot of historical fact to form its exquisite humor. But you don't have to be a history buff to enjoy this show, just the way in which it parodies teen dramas is terrific. This show isn't for younger viewers, I guess, but it is a great show. One bad thing is a rather unsatisfying ending, but maybe the writers didn't know that it would be the last episode. One last thing - the show's main band, The Abandoned Pools, is great as well, their songs are scattered throughout the show. Ten stars.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]