IMDb > Losing Layla (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Losing Layla More at IMDbPro »

Honest and revealing about a "taboo" subject

Author: (cmhorn) from USA
29 December 2002

Many of us have trouble knowing what it must be like for our friends or relatives who have lost a baby near birth. It's hard to know what to say or how to act. This Aussie-made documentary sheds instructive light on the subject. I'm grateful for this mother's honesty.

Losing Layla

Author: kirsten M from Australia
18 December 2006

We watched this documentary in my year 9 child studies class, to understand that there is not always a happy outcome in the miracle of life, as we had been watching a lot of videos that showed the happiness of births. We never fully grasped the hardships that people go through once their child has passed. This film demonstrated the grieving that people go through and the life afterwards.

I think it was a inspirational film and it left everyone in the room in tears.

A great documentary which would of taken a lot of guts to produce. A credit to the film industry of Australia and the Australian spirit.

The Best Documentary I've Ever Seen

Author: thesopranos from USA
23 January 2003

I have seen many movies and documentaries that have touched an emotional chord in me. Nothing comes close to the emotions I felt watching this. I have never cried so hard over something I've watched. How brave and generous they were to go ahead with their documentary of their first born child, even when the unthinkable happened. My heart goes out to them.