IMDb > The Boys on the Bus (1987) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Boys on the Bus (V) More at IMDbPro »

I Throughly Enjoyed It

Author: goleafs84 from Seattle, Washington
1 July 2003

This was an enjoyable documentry on the Edmonton Oilers. You got to see a side of Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier and company that the public dosen't necessarily get to see.

My favorite parts where when Wayne and most of the team were drinking wine and he was telling a story about he, Paul Coffey and some other teammates went duck hunting and when they did the infamous "shoe check" during a team meal.

You don't have to be an Edmonton Oilers or a Wayne Gretzky fan to enjoy this. I think almost any hockey fan, (especially if you were watching hockey during this period of time), will enjoy this. I regret not buying the tape when it was available; It's a keeper.

And award for most out-dated score goes to

Author: patrickhhanlon from Canada
10 June 2006

An interesting look behind the scenes of the Oilers during their halcyon days. It was quite interesting to see how young these guys were. There were moments when the guys sound a bit too impressed with themselves and show some of the arrogance that they were detested for during that time, especially when Kevin Lowe tries to wax poetic about Gretzky's challenges dealing with his fame. A decent documentary but the long, unnarrated action sequences to the accompaniment of a cheesy synth score definitely detracted from the entire package. An interesting reminder of the team and the era, just have the mute button ready.

The Oilers at their best.

Author: slapshot_the_puck_masta from Peace River, Alberta
27 July 2002

Watching Wayne, Paul, Kevin, Jarri, Mark etc. talk about what it is/was like to play for the best team in the world (at that time) is amazing. The scene where they are having an after dinner bottle of wine and Wayne telling the others, "it's my puck and you get your own" is golden. A must see for any hockey fan.

An absolute must for any Edmonton Oilers fan.

Author: Oilerboy13 from Calgary, Alberta
5 April 2002

I grew up watching the Oilers play in Edmonton in 80's and didn't really appreciate it because I was too young. This spectacular video captures the feeling of pride that Oilers fans had during those spectacular Dynasty years.

Where to buy

Author: shons120 from United States
13 September 2005

BOYS ON THE BUS AND BOYS ARE BACK, EDMONTON OILERS DVD, VHS, MOVIE. Hello, I am looking for the two listed video's/DVD's. Can anyone suggest where I can go to find them or buy a copy of them? Any help would really be appreciated. I have searched everywhere and can not find a copy. Does anyone know the publisher or maker of the movie and perhaps contact information in order to purchase a copy from them? I'm new to this stuff so the slightest direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Shon Smith